IGNORED

24 - Season 4

squirtle

Bastards! Why do they fucking do that! :P

It won't actually look any different on a shelf, but inside, it's very different. Instead of the lovely fold-out-edness of previous seasons, it uses a "book" system similar to that found in the Alien Quadrilogy boxset. Also, the outside of the box isn't as "glossy" as previous seasons.

Dunno to be honest. As many have speculated, I imagine its going to be only a few weeks/months after S4 and have Jack working alone. Some say it will continue the chinese embassasy feud and they find out Jack is actually alive. Still i dont see how thats going to have much to do with the main plot.

Supposed to start in January 06 though.

It won't actually look any different on a shelf, but inside, it's very different. Instead of the lovely fold-out-edness of previous seasons, it uses a "book" system similar to that found in the Alien Quadrilogy boxset. Also, the outside of the box isn't as "glossy" as previous seasons.

Got the DVD set of this today from CD-WOW, and it's a fugging great set :)

I'm glad the box is like the Alien Quadrilogy set, and saves folding out 40 pieces of card each side to get to a disc as with the previous seasons :D

The episode menus are also shit, they each have a snapshot of the nest episode next to the 'play' selection. I always have to look away on that menu so I don't see the picture- it's fucked me over too many times before now with stupid spoilers for the episode. I mean, what's the fucking point in that?

I downloaded series 4, but for those that bought it and have since watched it, are you not just a bit pissed off that Tony 'Tony' Almeida was on the cover!

Yeah, cheers for that fucktards. Just like when palmer was on the season 3 cover.

My Mum borrowed s4 in the week and it was the first thing she noticed. I can't believe they did that. Fuckwits.

Just watched the whole of 24 S4 this weekend. A good series, which I really really enjoyed but it didn't quite grip me like some of the others.

I think the main reason why it didn't grip me quite so much was that I kind of new what was going to happen, not because it was predictable (as it definetly wasn't) but as a fan of 24 you generally know the 'rules of 24' and how they think/work.

Hopefully as mentioned earlier on in the thread the new writers for season 5 can bring back a fresh new direction of the series which will keep both the average punter and 24 fan guessing all the way.

In order of greatness:

24 S1

24 S3

24 S4

24 S2 (or as I like to refer to it - kim of her silly adventures)

Yeah, I'm finding S4 a little on the predictable side at the moment (I'm only 9 episodes through it, mind). I'm still enjoying it a lot, there's a lack of silly, distracting subplots which is a good sign. My order of greatness would be:

S3

S1

S2

I really enjoyed S3, lots of great action and some ace cliffhangers in there :) S1 was great, as it's the one that kick started everything, but the Palmer/family subplot was very annoying and would really put me off watching it over again.

As great 24 is, I also hope they can head the next series in a new direction otherwise it is going to get tired. While I was watching a few of the earlier episodes of S4 I could've swore there were some shots of Bauer in the car with his mobile phone that were taken straight from a previous series ;) It's the gripping (if a little far fetched) storyline and constant surprises that make 24 such a great series, if it slips into a predictable formula it'll lose that, so let's hope it doesn't. So please, no more moles in CTU! :rolleyes:

What happened in S2 again?

He's a random collection of words which sum up what I can remember about S2:

Bombs in the city. CTU blowing up. Kim getting lost and faffing about. A woman sneaking into some sikh religious ceremony. Jack getting tortured. Jack flying a plane into the desert with a bomb onboard, John Connor's stepdad taking over. Palmer's hand melting.

Ian Somerhalder from Lost (Boone) is in Season 5.

"24"  playing "Joseph Bennett" in episode: "Day 5: 9:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m." (episode # 5.1) January 2006

NOBODY LOOK AT THE IMDB 24 PAGE EVER AGAIN, AND IF YOU DO - DON'T MENTION IT.

FFS, they ruined Tony and Palmer coming back in the last series, now I know who's going to be in the next series. FUCKING HELL.

NOBODY LOOK AT THE IMDB 24 PAGE EVER AGAIN, AND IF YOU DO - DON'T MENTION IT.

FFS, they ruined Tony and Palmer coming back in the last series, now I know who's going to be in the next series. FUCKING HELL.

True i guess. But knowing who is going to be in the first episode - a completly new character - is hardly ruining anything.

But yeah i wouldnt want secrets being let out. I bet if you looked for tony and palmer, it would say now whether or not they are in it.

True i guess. But knowing who is going to be in the first episode - a completly new character - is hardly ruining anything.

But yeah i wouldnt want secrets being let out. I bet if you looked for tony and palmer, it would say now whether or not they are in it.

Yeah, but it also reveals a fairly surprising returning character. Several in fact.