rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Chris303

Movie Posters / Dvd Covers...

I don't have the biggest DVD collection (just over 100 I think) so I can only go on what I've got but I really like the Dr Strangelove cover:

DrStrangelove_Rep.jpg

and the Fight Club cover:

024543000358.jpg

Although that one doesn't give anything away about the film, it just looks cool.

Your favourites?

As for film posters, Saul Bass's posters are pretty damn good:

11550%20200mm.jpg

magnificent7.jpg

And his Anatomy of a Murder poster:

bass-anatomy.jpg

Close up:

anatomy.gif

Saul Bass attempted to find a string of graphical symbols that would act as a summary of the plot.

Wow, that's a great set, I love the Fear and Loathing one!

I've only got this one from the Criterion collection, which is a bit dissapointing compared to the others. There is just so much imagery in Seven Samurai and all they could come up with is a frame from the film? A good frame, but nothing special inho:

00000013.jpg

024543000358.jpg

Although that one doesn't give anything away about the film, it just looks cool.

Yeah, that's a nice one. Another Fincher film, and some more nice artwork, is the R4 Deluxe version of Seven:

3200.jpg

...apart from that horrible, horrible Australian age certificate logo ;)

I've only got this one from the Criterion collection, which is a bit dissapointing compared to the others. There is just so much imagery in Seven Samurai and all they could come up with is a frame from the film? A good frame, but nothing special inho:

*Seven Samurai cover*

You're not wrong there, it certainly is a dissapointing cover, especially when you compare it to their other Kurosawa releases:

52_box_348x490.jpg53_box_348x490.jpg

116_box_348x490.jpg233_box_348x490.jpg

Still, the film's great nonetheless, so it's not all bad.

Yeah it's very nice, but don't you think a bit cliché? A tear on the page, jaunty type writer text and splattered blood?

Kind of, but I've never seen a DVD cover like that :P

EDIT: And as for posters, you've got to love this one:

fargo.jpg

B000284A56.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Although the cover, face-on, isn't particularly impressive, the size of the thing certainly is. Just holding it in your hands imparts how weighty the actual programmes are.

Also, I'd really love to get this one, one day:

B0002MOL1A.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Wow, that's a great set, I love the Fear and Loathing one!

00000013.jpg

There's only 6.

I haven't seen the film, so there might be something I'm missing...

Come on people, get posting some DVD Covers and posters! I expect theres some excellent ones which I've never seen and probably won't ever without this thread. :lol:

Anyway, I really like this DVD Cover.

1088018211100411.jpg