IGNORED

New Games Tm

eves pudding

so to ask what Ulala did again: any good features?

they havn't had a single decent feature since the mag started (sorry lime, not even your wee jaunt through the arcades of old), why would you expect some now?

Hell, edge don't even seem to be able to muster up a decent angle to talk about games for a few pages without either being dull as fuck or just plain pointless ;)

Who are you at the magazine, Jaysus? Mart and Strider post a lot over at NTSC-uk, and Simon does occasionally (as simon@gamestm, if memory serves). I thought Martin or Simon was Editor-in-Chief and the other a sub editor. Are you, like, the evil mastermind behind it all, not even named? Are you, in fact, not named after the Irish pronunciation of our Lord and saviour, but actually Jesus himself?

I totally agree with clipper about the hardcore tag its all bollox, we are all gamers not fanboys or hardcore,casual n whatever. I love console/pc gaming, i have been playin games since i was 4years old and been working with them since i was 16, ive seen shitloads come n go.

Wow.

Can I suck your cock please Oh Bountiful Fountain of Knowledge?

;)

Who are you at the magazine, Jaysus? Mart and Strider post a lot over at NTSC-uk, and Simon does occasionally (as simon@gamestm, if memory serves). I thought Martin or Simon was Editor-in-Chief and the other a sub editor. Are you, like, the evil mastermind behind it all, not even named? Are you, in fact, not named after the Irish pronunciation of our Lord and saviour, but actually Jesus himself?

Simon's Group Editor.

Martin's Deputy Editor.

I'm Features Editor. Which goes some way to explain my 'interest' in the vague and weightless post I just previously quoted. ;)

Pointless, matey. I wouldn't even bother looking in score threads. Always full of fucking idiots who think baselessly criticising a piece of writing (with no critical breakdown of why they think it's shit) conveys upon them some sort of wisdom and status. Let it slide man. Just let it slide.

Maybe my rant was a bit OTT but sometimes PSP just gets my blood boiling, it isnt even sony's fault or the console its the people i see 6 days a week that do it!, with there comments/questions that just fry my head up.

Its good to get passionate and air these out rather than keep em in though, the rant wasnt pointless to me though and i personally will stick by my dislike to the psp until something catches my eye that i I WANT simple as.

Also I would like to think importing isnt mainstream but i see too much of it to think it is now.

Anyho i wont ramble on anymore and take away the subject of the topic, on the suject though did games TM rate the psp games with a score or just comment?

they havn't had a single decent feature since the mag started (sorry lime, not even your wee jaunt through the arcades of old), why would you expect some now?

Hell, edge don't even seem to be able to muster up a decent angle to talk about games for a few pages without either being dull as fuck or just plain pointless ;)

Shit well I didnt want that sort of reply now, did I. Anybody who likes gamesTM/Edge wanna offer anything?

And Jaysus, like Treble said, let it slide :P

Pointless, matey. I wouldn't even bother looking in score threads. Always full of fucking idiots who think baselessly criticising a piece of writing (with no critical breakdown of why they think it's shit) conveys upon them some sort of wisdom and status. Let it slide man. Just let it slide.

Wouldn't mind if it was the writing being criticised in a valid and constructive manner... but then it never is, is it? Every time I look, it's just people complaining about numbers that, taken out of context of the main body, don't mean much. Not a dig here, you understand - a general internet thing.

All mags threads suck. ;)

Well, to be honest I'm happy to hear valid criticisms if he has any.

Wouldn't mind if it was the writing being criticised in a valid and constructive manner... but then it never is, is it? Every time I look, it's just people complaining about numbers that, taken out of context of the main body, don't mean much. Not a dig here, you understand - a general internet thing.

All mags threads suck.

Mart, this time the guy actually had a pop at the features, earning himself the rub of Jaysus's ire (and maybe a slap upside the head).

But yeah, the scores things are pointless, too. Ban scores, everywhere, in every piece of literature, ever. BAN THEM! What are we, five year olds that we need a single character tag next to a review so we can say, "Duuuhh....so that's what them there fancy words wus a-meanin!"??? ;)

Edit: don't worry, I know you'd only sell about 5 copies if you removed scores. I blame publishing houses for scores, not yourselves.

Maybe my rant was a bit OTT but sometimes PSP just gets my blood boiling, it isnt even sony's fault or the console its the people i see 6 days a week that do it!, with there comments/questions that just fry my head up.

the PSP is a desirable piece of consumer electronics. games aside it's a stunning looking piece of kit, so of course people are excited by it.

your ramble was directionless and did nothing but point out that EA are developing game for the PSP. like, wow, as they on every other console.

All mags threads suck.

At least you know you have some relevance if people are discussing the mag. No one bothers to discuss scores from official mags anymore because they are shite.

It's when people stop ranting about your scores that you know the mags in trouble. ;)

On a side note do any of the GamesTM UK staff have anything to do with the Australian version?

Cheers

Sean

All mags threads suck. ;)

How do you give out scores that only make sense when you've read the review? Surely the review and the score should be two seperate entities?

Eh? Mart means people post scores without the review text, meaning people aren't reading the writer's opinion and comparing that to the score they've given. A game name with a score tagged-on the end, posted on an internet forum, is pointless. Without the context of the text itself, saying "5 is the wrong score for this game", for example, is just without value.

I'd suggest they know more than you to be honest. They are trying to find out more about an eagerly anticipated release which they want to purchase.

Whether it has any games at the moment which are good enough to sell the console is a moot arguement unless you are claiming that the PSP will never have any games that are worth playing on it. Until games come along it's still a portable movie and music player anyway, and compared in price to other machines that do both it's an attractive proposal.

Eh? Mart means people post scores without the review text, meaning people aren't reading the writer's opinion and comparing that to the score they've given. A game name with a score tagged-on the end, posted on an internet forum, is pointless. Without the context of the text itself, saying "5 is the wrong score for this game", for example, is just without value.

The score should also represent the review writers opinion though.

I never said that discussing them in terms of right and wrong, just that the score shouldn't rely on context to be a dependable method of assesing a game.

Obviously the review will provide more detailed discussion of the same point, but for a game that I know in advance - such as KOTOR 2 - a nine is all I need to see that the writer liked the game. If KOTOR 2 had been given a 4 then I'd need the review to explain what has gone wrong.

The score should be a short-hand way of coming to a snap decision about a games quality. If it requires context then it isn't doing it's job.

To discuss a review of a game you need to read the review. That includes arguing about scores. Scores do have a role to play though, it's just that they are more often than not asked to do more than they are capable of on here.

I'd suggest they know more than you to be honest. They are trying to find out more about an eagerly anticipated release which they want to purchase.

Whether it has any games at the moment which are good enough to sell the console is a moot arguement unless you are claiming that the PSP will never have any games that are worth playing on it. Until games come along it's still a portable movie and music player anyway, and compared in price to other machines that do both it's an attractive proposal.

As for them wanting to know more about this eagerly anticipated release, i will give them the pro's and cons of what i know so far from reading on here n forums,the web, talking to people who have it and playing it myself.

I never tell anyone to buy it or not its purly upto them, everyone seems to want to buy it so far which is great for business. Hell i even defended the console when some twat was saying oh the battery is shit etc although he never when if the battery runs out you can re-charge it switch it back on and be exactly where you left it, obvoiusly sony thought about that one well and hats off to em.

Wow its a sad state of affairs when you suddenly become the worst forum poster in a day just because your opinion doesnt fit in with everyone elses, i have my very own reasons for not wanting or even liking the psp, i can live without it i have a ps2 at home. Also i was expressing my personal hate towards the use of the word hardcore to describe a console that cleary isnt hardcore.

Yes, I play Lumines and Ridge Racers on my PS2 all the time. DOWN WITH PSP AND TEH EA! MAINSTREAM WHORES!!!!1111111

The DS is where it's at! All original games, all of them! No ports at all! Fuck no! DS FOREVAHHHH!

As for them wanting to know more about this eagerly anticipated release, i will give them the pro's and cons of what i know so far from reading on here n forums,the web, talking to people who have it and playing it myself.

I never tell anyone to buy it or not its purly upto them, everyone seems to want to buy it so far which is great for business. Hell i even defended the console when some twat was saying oh the battery is shit etc although he never when if the battery runs out you can re-charge it switch it back on and be exactly where you left it, obvoiusly sony thought about that one well and hats off to em.

So you see why people want a PSP then?

Yes, I play Lumines and Ridge Racers on my PS2 all the time. DOWN WITH PSP AND TEH EA! MAINSTREAM WHORES!!!!1111111

The DS is where it's at! All original games, all of them! No ports at all! Fuck no! DS FOREVAHHHH!

The funny thing about this mini topic inside a topic is how a lotta people have concluded and assumed that somehow my grudge against the PSP is from a nintendo DS viewpoint, in which case this is the very first time i have even mentioned the words Nintendo and DS in this whole topic.

Granted meh's post would have been better without all the shit posted after "all the time"

Let me just clarify the situation in 5 easy steps...

1.I have never said Dont buy the PSP.

2.I will consider buying a PSP personally when a game comes out that interests me and i want to buy.

3.I am not a fanboy of any consoles at all, in fact i hate that word. I have never posted childish ramblings such as "NDS rules PSPS Sucks" "PSP rules NDS suck"

4.My post originally after clippers was not a personal attack on him or his use of the word hardcore, as he has explained he was being ironic however its hard to gage when someone is being ironic through the medium of text.

5.Someone said that after people asking me about the psp in the shop i should see why people want one. MY experience of people in the shop has been entirely of them drooling over the looks and brand of the PSP rather than asking me about what cool and original games are coming out for this new console. And that bugs me, big time.

And that bugs me, big time.

Why? It's their cash. Let them like the machine for whatever reasons they choose.

And I'm surprised as a person who likes games you're not interested in anything on the PSP. Ridge Racers and Lumines are great.

Why? It's their cash. Let them like the machine for whatever reasons they choose.

And I'm surprised as a person who likes games you're not interested in anything on the PSP. Ridge Racers and Lumines are great.

Why? Because at the moment thats all I hear, I would respect the first person who comes in and actually asks me what games are heading for the psp. That means they show an interest in owning the console for the right reasons, to play games on it! Not to flash it around their friends as a status symbol.

People WILL like the machine for whatever reasons they choose regardless whether I "let" them or not.

Ridge Racer has always been a fave of mine on a nice 42in widescreen telly,good steering wheel with a good sound setup behind me rather than a 4 inch screen, a crap analogue nob and a pair of earphones, also at the heart of it, it's still the workings of a 10year old arcade game. As for lumines well just dont see the attraction, thats not to say other people won't.

The problem is that your original post was solely aimed at denouncing how crap you think the PSP is by unrepresentatively listing some American franchise games. Which you've not played. Which marks you down as an idiot. And then you followed it up by saying "did I touch a nerve" without a question mark. Which makes it a statement. Which means you knew you were trying to aggrevate people. Which marks you down as a bigger idiot.

The other problem is that deep down the majority of us don't give a flying fuck about what you think, we actually discuss on mature terms what we feel is good on a particular system and what isn't. And this gets clogged up by posts from people such as yourself which consists of poorly-typed drivel. This happens many times, and it's extremely boring. You're also quite misguided if you think an imbalanced list is going to change people's minds.

The problem is that your original post was solely aimed at denouncing how crap you think the PSP is by unrepresentatively listing some American franchise games. Which you've not played. Which marks you down as an idiot. And then you followed it up by saying "did I touch a nerve" without a question mark. Which makes it a statement. Which means you knew you were trying to aggrevate people. Which marks you down as a bigger idiot.

The other problem is that deep down the majority of us don't give a flying fuck about what you think, we actually discuss on mature terms what we feel is good on a particular system and what isn't. And this gets clogged up by posts from people such as yourself which consists of poorly-typed drivel. This happens many times, and it's extremely boring. You're also quite misguided if you think an imbalanced list is going to change people's minds.

I have already admitted that my original post was somewhat pointless and that I was just channeling some of my aggression at the customers that I get who ask about the psp.

As for the statement "did I touch a nerve" I did actually forget to put a question mark, sorry for being grammatically incorrect (something that my fiancee is always pulling me up about) I did realise that this could be taken the wrong way but by that time it was too late.

As for discussing on "mature terms" I dont think calling me an idiot backs up that theory.

My list was not intended to change anyones mind just to express my points, just out of interest why do you think it is imbalanced? I am not being antagonistic I would like to know, honestly.

I have apologised for the way I conducted myself so we should really stop hijacking this thread, if Paradigm would like to PM his comments to me personnaly then that will be ok if he wants to, I will leave now with what I said on page 4 Thank You.

Anyho I wont ramble on anymore and take away the subject of the topic, on the suject though did games TM rate the psp games with a score or just comment?