IGNORED

New Games Tm

eves pudding

Praise jeysus :)

I would really like to see dragonquest VIII come over here, on a good note i had heard somewhere that square-enix europe were speeding up time with translations to their games saying FF12 would be out here a bit quicker than previous attempts. Lets hope so.

Shame. The biggest gulf between you and Edge is the look and feel.

although it now looks like Edge is drifting more in GamesTM direction. i always like Gtm's covers but i do think it could be tidied up inside. i'd get rid of those retro poster/game pages that run through the whole mag or just restrict them to the retro section. for starters, there's plenty more work needs doing on the presentation.

Australian Edge isn't that good. They have cut out a few good sections, as well as Biffo which is a shame. I'm sticking with UK Edge.

As for Oz Games TM, well. It's weird because they are using a lot of British copy and reviews and don't edit them for the Oz audience so there are a lot of jokes and stuff which they may not get.

It also feels a lot slimmer than the UK version. Once more I'd rather import than buy it from over here.

Australian Edge isn't that good. They have cut out a few good sections, as well as Biffo which is a shame. I'm sticking with UK Edge.

As for Oz Games TM, well. It's weird because they are using a lot of British copy and reviews and don't edit them for the Oz audience so there are a lot of jokes and stuff which they may not get.

It also feels a lot slimmer than the UK version. Once more I'd rather import than buy it from over here.

I've only been buying GamesTM Aust because:

a ) GamesTM UK isn't that readily available over here.

b ) I've never gotten around to subscribing to GamesTM UK.

I totally agree with you on Australian Edge, especially after they did two things that Edge UK would never do:

a ) Give three games 10 out of 10 in one issue.

b ) Bother to review a Smackdown game (to be fair, they gave it 4 out of 10).

Yeah the three 10/10 were a bit of a shocker and I didn't think that the reviews did the 10s justice at all.

It was if they were added in as though they felt they had to which is a shame, especially as Halo 2 didn't deserve it.

What were the other 10s? San Andreas, presumably, and?

Excellent. :(

The original poster saw it in Smiths on the 21st of this month.

LAST WEEK!

On the letters page they have a disgruntled type regarding the late arrival of subscriptions, and the reply is "It should be sorted now".

Ironic that I COULDN'T READ THIS LIE ON TIME :angry:

Ah I'm only over reacting a bit. It doesn't bother me so much, but come on! I've always got it late.

The original poster saw it in Smiths on the 21st of this month.

LAST WEEK!

On the letters page they have a disgruntled type regarding the late arrival of subscriptions, and the reply is "It should be sorted now".

Ironic that I COULDN'T READ THIS LIE ON TIME :D

Ah I'm only over reacting a bit. It doesn't bother me so much, but come on! I've always got it late.

But the street date is tomorrow - that was the shop breaking th date, not the mag being late. You got it early.

But the street date is tomorrow - that was the shop breaking th date, not the mag being late. You got it early.

I did? So what was the problem, shops breaking the street date, or deliveries late or what?!

I thought your accusation of rubbishness was in reply to my previous post regarding the retro section. Since it wasn't, then disregard my exclamation of "excellent".

Besides, the official date is only around now anyway. Smiths were simply selling it too early.

I picked up the latest issue yesterday. It's the first one I've bought since #17, and I was surprised by how enjoyable I found it. Embarrassed, almost. I probably prefer it to Edge at the moment, and I don't have any particular problem with Edge. It's the Retro section that really makes it, though.

I thought your accusation of rubbishness was in reply to my previous post regarding the retro section. Since it wasn't, then disregard my exclamation of "excellent".

Besides, the official date is only around now anyway. Smiths were simply selling it too early.

No I erm meant that :)

I'm well funny! ;)