Fantastic Four

CarloOos

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantastic_four/

It's got a lot of bad press from places like CHUD, but I don't personally thing it look's half bad.  Could touch up some of that CGI though; some is excellent, some is clearly unfinished.  Cast don't look nearly as out of place as I had feared (mainly Ioan Gruffod who I was worried about).

I've got no issues with casting - not even Doom because that guy from Nip/Tuck is bleedin' brilliant but the script...the story...urgh, everything else concerns me. I'm not a big FF fan but I'm sure Doc Doom wasn't involved in the FF's mutation process - evidently the trailer indicates otherwise. That annoys me. :D

EDIT: Jessica Alba. :(

EDIT: JESSICA ALBA :angry:;)

I've got no issues with casting - not even Doom because that guy from Nip/Tuck is bleedin' brilliant but the script...the story...urgh, everything else concerns me. I'm not a big FF fan but I'm sure Doc Doom wasn't involved in the FF's mutation process - evidently the trailer indicates otherwise. That annoys me. :D

EDIT: Jessica Alba. :(

EDIT: JESSICA ALBA :angry:;)

He's directly involved in it in the Ultimate universe. And since that is the most recent origin its reasonable they stick to that one. The truck hitting Thing bit is "inspired" by the Ultimate universe too - very cool. That said it looks like cosmic rays for the actual transformation, not N-Zone experimentation.

They did more or less the same with Spiderman though - most was Ultimate origin, some was traditional. Then there was the natural web fluid thing which was neither.

It looks fine though the trailer...can't imagine the film is going to be great but anything above average will get me going to see it.

Nothing looked particularly wrong per se, but it didn't float my boat like I was hoping it was going to. Maybe it was the music or the editing, but I was left kinda flat.

Still, I loved the F4 as a teen, it was always my favourite Marvel comic, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one.

I'm a massive comics fan, a massive marvel fan, love all Stan Lee's creations, and think that Spiderman is one of the best movies ever made.

That trailer looks rubbish. I expect it will be worse than Xmen.

Not that Xmen was *that* bad - just humourless, took itself too seriously, was too glossy and everyone looked like supermodels. This looks its gone even further in that dismal direction.

I'm a massive comics fan, a massive marvel fan, love all Stan Lee's creations, and think that Spiderman is one of the best movies ever made.

That trailer looks rubbish. I expect it will be worse than Xmen.

Not that Xmen was *that* bad - just humourless, took itself too seriously, was too glossy and everyone looked like supermodels. This looks its gone even further in that dismal direction.

Nail ---> head.

There's very little in that trailer that excites me and I'm easily excited by trailers.

Apart from the wonderful Spider-man 2 (I also think it's one of the best gere movies of all time) it seems that the Marvel films are on a doward slide. Blade Trinity received bad press, The Punisher ended up in many worst of 2004 lists and Elektra is a turd as well apparently. This it their high profile release of the year but I'm thinking it'll be more Batman & Robin than Spider-Man. Okay, probably not that bad but still...

It seems DC is fighting back with Batman Begins and the new Superman movie...

Very poor looking, especially the "One of them was bad, and four were fantastic"

It just looks (at the moment) very average. That shot of the truck going round The Thing isn't as good as the scene in Hellboy when he hits that 4x4.

They need to hype this through the roof and show as little footage as possible.

But xmen (and its superior sequel) is the best comic adaptation of the last ten years.........

Well, after all the whingeing on here I took a look. I think it looks promising.

o/\o

Bunch of bloody cynics round here.

Me? I like being easily pleased. This looks to do the job.

And as for people knocking X-men... Shame on you. X2 is the best Superhero film yet. Fantastic stuff.

COuld be good. The Thing wasn't as bad as I thought he'd look, and the flame effects were pretty good. Only thing I'm unsure about is Doom...he didn't seem that threatening in the trailer, and I am a big fan of Doom (one of the greatest villians in any comic imo) and so I'll be very disappointed if they mess him up. Costume design aside, the script better measure up with him.

Cautiously optimistic.

I always found the Marvel U Fantastic Four a mighty bore but the Ultimate incarnation has got my interest - so this sounded like a good idea.

But that trailer is just plain awful. Absolutely dire - edited poorly with horrendous music. Fox are pitching this as a 'big' movie but on this evidence alone it just smacks of expensive bomb.

So why is it going to get my money? The casting of The Thing is spot-on and the Human Torch. Just a shame they cut that too quickly in the trailer where Johnny (I assume) leaps off the building and transforms. I know they've got to save some things/still do some effects shots but that's one of those moments like the original X-Men trailer when I saw Cyclops first deliver an optic blast. I just remember going 'Fuck yeah!' and knowing I'd be there on opening day.

o/\o

Bunch of bloody cynics round here.

Me? I like being easily pleased. This looks to do the job.

I'd have to agree.

I always hated the FF, but the Ultimate FF comics have been excellent so far, Ellis has done a great job of updating them, and making them not-shit :)

I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to comic book movies tho (hell, I even liked Daredevil ;) ), so I'm looking forward to this now after seeing the trailer.

I don't expect a kick ass cinematic experience from them, I see them as an enjoyable way to waste a couple of hours, and thats pretty much what I assume this'll be.

because I know I'd end up dissapointed :P

I go to the cinema pretty much once a week, and of all the films I see a year, I'd probably only rate four or five as "kick ass cinematic experiences"....and even then I'd probably only talk such crap after a few beers ;)

Hmm. I dunno. I really dunno. The Thing tosses cars about, but he does look a lot like a rougher version of Kryten. I'm sure the earlier version of the Fantastic Four movie I saw ages ago had a much better Thing. I'm not making this up, surely... Aha! Sounds like the version I saw... it's got to be up on the interweb somewhere.

The Official Web Site for the new film is a joke. Never have I seen a preloader bar so many times, especially 4 of them rotating around violently because my mouse isn't over the 4 Logo. Still, the Alba. ;)