Forza

Guest henofdoom

Yeah, I could understand that bit, But I mean with the competitions, I was under the impression that the colour of each race 'group' was for the class of car.

I.e.

Purple = Point to point

Purple = Class D

Blue = Amateur league

Blue = Class C

etc...

But I just entered a Class C car [blue] into a point to point race [purple] - so that can't be right...

Does anyone know then? I want to know If I can do up my C1 Clio to B1 and still compete in the Amateur league in the MR series. :P

Does anyone know then? I want to know If I can do up my C1 Clio to B1 and still compete in the Amateur league in the MR series. :P

Well I've just entered it in my S2 rated NSX so I think thats a very positive yes.

GT4 looks so much sharper. Forza just has too much aliasing for me. Everything just seems to have the same texture. Infact even the grass has reflections!

Still all complaints vanish once you've seen your own paint job zooming along the track. Plus the cars look brilliant when you smash them up. Just a pity you can't seem to knock anything off the cars.

Me, I love Laguna Seca. It's the only track I know! Every other track, I come last on live, but I'm always the winner is sunny California.

You definnitely can, bumpers, spoilers, wing mirrors etc.

I'm late to the party on this one, but I gotta say its a superb game - even more so when you get to upgrade your cars. Me like. Lots.

Hopefully lots of people will play this little beauty for a while just like when PGR2 was out. Good times. I haven't played it enough to properly give impressions but hell.. its control is sublime and the visuals and depth are staggering.

I'll be up for some games on this. Please add my gamertag: nevsan

How do you draw your own decals? All I can do is place preset ones.

I spelt CUNT from preset shapes and had that on the bonnet but that was as creative as I could get.

The customisation aspect of the game is awesome, I must have spent about 3 hours messing about with decals yesterday. Great game so far, you feel like you're progressing as you do each race which is nice.

Has anyone else noticed than when downshifting with manual gears it sometimes takes a while for the display to update what gear you've selected? Confuses the hell out of me sometimes ;)

Has anyone else noticed than when downshifting with manual gears it sometimes takes a while for the display to update what gear you've selected? Confuses the hell out of me sometimes  ;)

There are items you can buy in the upgrades shop that lower the time to change gears. I think it's done on purpose...

So can you draw your own decals or just use the preset ones?

Pre-set ones only I'm afraid.

Well, there are decals for manufacturers and the like, or you can make your own decals out of the pre-set vinyl shapes.

There are items you can buy in the upgrades shop that lower the time to change gears. I think it's done on purpose...

I thought it was odd too because GT doesn't do it, but then I realised they were simulating the driver taking his foot of the accelerator and changing the gears. Watch how the revs drop just before the gear changes - very cool. As has been said, upgrading your gearbox and flywheel improves the speed.

Yep, only preset decals and stuff, but the fact that you can apply 100 layers of them, along with the abiity to stretch and spin each shape, means that, in the right hands, there'll be some stunning stuff for folks to see online.

GUIDE TO CLASSES

A bit of confusion here so I thought I'd drop in some info. All the cars are classed: D,C,B,A and R. Basically it's like your school results with D at the bottom and A at the top, but there's an extra class R for racing cars. Classes D to A are subdivided into 1-4 with one being the top.

The idea behind this is to allow you to tune your car while keeping it within a certain class. Some upgrades don't effect the class; these include, aerodynamics, transmission and suspension. The three that do effect it are engine, weight and tyres. It's a very innovative system because it allows you to make minor adjustments to the car, tailoring it to your style.

For example while staying within class, you could get better grip, and mobility but keep the power standard, likewise you could increase the power and nothing else. The key is to watch the upper left hand corner as you scrole through the upgrades to see what effect they'll have on the class. Ideally you'll end up with 1 grade car in every class, that suits your style of driving.

The real brilliance of the idea is that it allows you to grade the competition when racing offline. Before you enter a race press the Y button to see the list of competitors. Each one will have it's classification so you can decide how easy/difficult you'd like to make the race. I'm not sure if this effects the amount of points you win though.

Eventually I presume the goal is to have your favourite cars within each class which you can then select online, rather than choosing the off-the-peg models.

I think it's one of Forza's best features.

GUIDE TO CLASSES

A bit of confusion here so I thought I'd drop in some info. All the cars are classed: D,C,B,A and R. Basically it's like your school results with D at the bottom and A at the top, but there's an extra class R for racing cars. Classes D to A are subdivided into 1-4 with one being the top.

The idea behind this is to allow you to tune your car while keeping it within a certain class. Some upgrades don't effect the class; these include, aerodynamics, transmission and suspension. The three that do effect it are engine, weight and tyres. It's a very innovative system because it allows you to make minor adjustments to the car, tailoring it to your style.

For example while staying within class, you could get better grip, and mobility but keep the power standard, likewise you could increase the power and nothing else. The key is to watch the upper left hand corner as you scrole through the upgrades to see what effect they'll have on the class. Ideally you'll end up with 1 grade car in every class, that suits your style of driving.

The real brilliance of the idea is that it allows you to grade the competition when racing offline. Before you enter a race press the Y button to see the list of competitors. Each one will have it's classification so you can decide how easy/difficult you'd like to make the race. I'm not sure if this effects the amount of points you win though.

Eventually I presume the goal is to have your favourite cars within each class which you can then select online, rather than choosing the off-the-peg models.

I think it's one of Forza's best features.

YEah, my aim now is to have a car in my garage foir every ranking, that is modded and tuned to my taste along with a tasty decal. This could take some time ;)