rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
shirubagan

The Rllmuk Metal Thread

The new Lich King album is really fucking good. It's daft, but the riffage is immense, and I really like the yelpy vocals. Recently I've listened to too much chin stroking ploddery and not enough balls out, catchy melodic stuff so it's looking like Orange Goblin and Lich King are vying for album of the year.

It's been played every day since I got it... Axe Cop is simply brilliant, especially after watching some of the episodes on youtube :D

Yeah I was hoping others would also put together a list of their own. Fun stuff.

Sadly it seems that even though this forum is mostly UK (Europe) based it seems that the US audience takes this way more lightly than some over here haha. Which I thought would be the other way around. Oh well. Still looking forward to seeing people's top 50's!

Even though I moaned about the negging, I feel I must point out that I *have* raised a ban request, cos, y'know, Linkin Park. Sorry dude :P

• Upvote 1

Even though I moaned about the negging, I feel I must point out that I *have* raised a ban request, cos, y'know, Linkin Park. Sorry dude :P

Really? Meteora and Hybrid Theory were awesome albums that I still recall word for word and note by note. Hm. Angsty teen period ftw! :D

This is awesome, I don't care what anyone else says.

:omg:

Yeah I was hoping others would also put together a list of their own. Fun stuff.

Sadly it seems that even though this forum is mostly UK (Europe) based it seems that the US audience takes this way more lightly than some over here haha. Which I thought would be the other way around. Oh well. Still looking forward to seeing people's top 50's!

I'll have a crack at this when I'm back in the UK and have a decent internet connection. I remain unconvinced that an album released only this year is in your top four, but then there are far worse crimes in your list. ;)

Really? Meteora and Hybrid Theory were awesome albums that I still recall word for word and note by note. Hm. Angsty teen period ftw! :D

Word. Quintessential nu metal albums.

Word. Quintessential nu metal albums.

Good god, I may have to post nothing but Burning Witch videos for the next year, before balance can be restored.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good god, I may have to post nothing but Burning Witch videos for the next year, before balance can be restored.

Oh boohoo, do you want some ketchup on your heavy metal elitism? :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Oh boohoo, do you want some ketchup on your heavy metal elitism? :)

Goat's blood, pls.

I'm not elitist, I just really fucking hate Linkin Park. Actually, hate is a strong word to use, now I'm older and milder. But I definitely used to really fucking hate them.

Was hoping to get to Damnation myself. Doesnt look like its going to happen though, got too much Uni work on at the minute to essentially take a weekend off.

Shame, although the few gigs i've been to recently have been a total let down. Getting too old and grumpy I think!

Linkin Park were amazing at the time when they did their Nu-Metal thing. Now however it's a different story lol. They still make good music but sadly that new groove they're into is just not for me. Anywhoo:

Grind the Ocean did a track by track talkthrough of their debut album, which you should definitely listen to if frantic prog metal (guitar wankery) is your thing.

Also, for those that crave another outlet for news and all things Metal and... not metal (as they focus on other stuff as well) check out http://www.themonolith.com/. It's still a WIP but I reckon that once it's done it should prove to be a quality source for everything that tickles our devilish fancy!

Via HBIH

UK death/thrashers Bloodshot Dawn caused quite a wave in the underground metal community when they released their self-titled debut earlier in January. Here we are, still in 2012, and they already have a new offering in the form of ‘Theoktony’, a single with an accompanying video to boot. If you’ve heard the album, you’ll be pleased to know that this track is more of the same goodness: killer riffs, galloping thrash beats, plenty of epic shredding, and a knack for perfectly balancing melody, aggression, and groove. The only thing that stands out as different about this song is the vocals. They’re more varied, which is definitely good and a welcome change, and they also sit higher in the mix, which…is up to personal preferences. I’m not that excited about it, but it certainly isn’t enough to detract from the song.

The video is a simple play-through video featuring plenty of footage from all band members. Nothing special, but just witnessing them perform is exciting enough. Especially when it comes to guitarists Benjamin Ellis and Josh McMorran, who actually make full use of their 7-strings rather than chugging away on the lowest string. There’s something you don’t see that much in modern metal anymore.

‘Theoktony’ can be purchased for ₤ 0.75 from Bloodshot Dawn’s bandcamp page. It’s a measly sum, and all proceeds will go to charity, so you know what you must do.

• Upvote 1

I've been overruled for Damnation by the wife and children :( Instead I shall be going to some crappy fireworks display in Chester :blah:

Still heading for Pentagram on Fri though :omg:

I've been overruled for Damnation by the wife and children :( Instead I shall be going to some crappy fireworks display in Chester :blah:

Still heading for Pentagram on Fri though :omg:

MASSIVE_SAD_FACE.GIF

I almost went the same way though. This is why I've tried to tell them not to book it on this weekend, cos, y'know, a lot of the clientelle are over 30.

TBH though, if they brought it a week earlier, it'd clash with Halloween, which'd be even trickier to negotiate.

I'm having problems with the top 50 thing, in that I seem to have gone with only one album per band to get some decent coverage, even though I listen to more albums by particular bands that others (if that made any sense to anyone). I think I need to have another go at it. Luckily there are no obvious embarrassments like Linkin Park, Korn or Limp Bizkit in there. ;)

I'm having problems with the top 50 thing, in that I seem to have gone with only one album per band to get some decent coverage, even though I listen to more albums by particular bands that others (if that made any sense to anyone). I think I need to have another go at it. Luckily there are no obvious embarrassments like Linkin Park, Korn or Limp Bizkit in there. ;)

BUT THERE WILL BE THE OFFSPRING WON'T THERE?!?!?

Er.... Don't neg me man!

Don't worry, I never pos or neg any post ever x

I can't vouch for everyone else though. Do we have any Dām lurkers on the board?

Highly unlikely. I was the only games playing person in the band, so I highly doubt any of them would sign up just to neg me for the lols.

(er, does anyone know how I upload an image to the forum? Apparently I have a Manage Attachments page in my profile and I can add uploaded attachments to a post, but I'm failing to see the bit where I actually do the uploading part)

Highly unlikely. I was the only games playing person in the band, so I highly doubt any of them would sign up just to neg me for the lols.

(er, does anyone know how I upload an image to the forum? Apparently I have a Manage Attachments page in my profile and I can add uploaded attachments to a post, but I'm failing to see the bit where I actually do the uploading part)

Which browser you using?

Which browser you using?

Chrome. Am I doing it wrong?

Go on lads, NEGATON AWAY!!! :D

If you were going to get negged, Roots rates fairly high on the list of reasons to do so. ;)

I remain baffled that both you and VN1X have placed albums released this year in their top 4. Can you honestly say based on a month of listening to Parallax II that you'll be listening to that album for years to come? It took me about a year to decide that I even liked The Great Misdirect (though Colors is still the best BtBaM album :P).

Going through my choices over and over again, I keep removing albums that I would have sworn by some time ago, simply because I no longer listen to those albums. Which isn't to say that those are bad albums, but that time has put distance between us.

What am I talking about anyway? Most of my choices were released between 1990 and 2000, so I'm clearly never leaving my imagined golden age of death metal...