rllmuk
Mercury

Firefly

If any of the characters from Firefly turned up in Deadwood they'd all be pig feed in Wu's yard within half an hour. Although I would like to see that episode. Bullock relentlessly beating the shit out of Mal Reynolds. :lol:

• Upvote 3

:lol:

It would be the greatest crossover ever.  I'd pay to see Bullock getting absolutely fucking incensed by some witty Whedon back & forth between Mal and Kaylee and then exploding in a windmilling rage

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Mentazm said:

Just watch The Expanse instead. It's a modern day firefly with incredible space fx.

It's really not. It's good, but completely different.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, mdn2 said:

It's really not. It's good, but completely different.

There are definitely parallels in the crew makeup but Amos would have choked the shit out of Jayne Cobb on principle.

I love Nathan but is it bad to say that he seems to have really packed on the pounds. 

It was quite noticeable in the later seasons of Castle when he was always just wearing very oversized and baggy shirts. 

4 hours ago, Illyria said:

That happens to plenty of us as we age :)

Oh absolutely and good on him /I certainly can't talk). I just harbour hopes of a RDJ action come back which seems less and less likely as days go by. Back in the Firefly days if you were going to do a young Han Solo movie there would be no other choice. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BossSaru said:

If you think season 1 is good, you are going to love season 2.

I'm on about episode 11 I think.

Oh no...I’m not going to Google it. Baldwin is Jane isn’t he?

Just watched the one with the bounty hunter, possibly favourite character yet!

On 05/10/2019 at 12:02, BossSaru said:

If you think season 1 is good, you are going to love season 2.

I just got this :hmm: I started going through them quicker as well knowing that there was more good stuff to come. I even got annoyed that Prime only seemed to have season 1 when I started looking for season 2 :doh::slowclap:

• Empathy 12

16 hours ago, jonamok said:

At least there’s the awesome film. :wub:

Unfortunately, the comic Serenity: Those Left Behind (which bridges the TV series and film) is very far from awesome. IIRC Nathan Fillion says in the introduction to the collected edition that it's the best comic he's ever read, which suggests he hasn't read many.

I saw Serenity before I watched the series.  It works surprisingly well that way round.  It's probably since the first 10 mins are a more refined first episode than the two first episodes they had.

(The Train Job's pretty good concidering they only had two days to write it)

I recently became addicted to watching Firefly reunion panels on YouTube. They’re all good fun, and the cast obviously love each other.

This one is probably my favourite.

• Upvote 1

I guess a lot of people will have watched Serenity before Firefly, especially in the UK (given that Serenity had a widespread cinema release and Firefly was hidden away on pay TV). Me included! It works really well that way round.

Serenity is on Netflix at the moment by the way. By coincidence I watched it last night for the first time since I saw it in the cinema. Still great!

• Upvote 1

It has one of my favourite opening sequences of ANY film. Chiwetel Ejiofor is fucking mesmerising in the scene with

Spoiler

the Tams hologram (and in the whole film):

”This is a good death. There is no shame in this.”

:wub:

• Upvote 2