rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Calashnikov

Tiger Uppercut!

Midnight Fighter's Festival Qualifiers [19th March 2007] & Tournament [24th March 2007]

First 8 videos are for the qualifiers and the other 29 videos are for the tournament. There's 4 groups (A, B, C & D) but not every single match was present on the DVD due to player numbers. It goes Group A, Quarter Finals to Final, then so on for Group B etc until we have winners in each group who then compete in the Semi Finals proper and so on.

Enjoy

Mi-Ka-Do DVD-56 Tournament No.1 [13th December 2007]

Block A

Match 1 -

Match 2 -

Match 3 -

Match 4 -

Match 5 -

Match 6 -

Block B

Match 1 -

Match 2 -

Match 3 -

Match 4 -

Match 5 -

Match 6 -

Someone's been tampering with the SFIII arcade code to make a sort of 4th Strike, here's 2 videos showing some of the changes:

[yt]BmOjyB5j0jc[/yt]

[yt]3vs8ateOoX8[/yt]

And now here's some recent highlights from vanilla 3rd Strike :)

[yt]fO7_zkU9Ax8[/yt]

[yt]tGPk6hiEmHg[/yt]

Now for something completely different...

[yt]HcPWCFg6zxM[/yt]

That 3rd Strike hack looks mad! Particularly loving Alex's deflections and what looks like Dudley's SFIV super.

EDIT: and Twelve's V-ism-style super is pretty sweet too. :)

Another classic from the collection and at 3.83Gig it took almost 2 days to upload....!

(1:55:43)

I'm currently making a time-line for this beast but any more help with information about this video would be really appreciated for the description.

To help with that search here's some information I scanned in:

VHS Cover Scan

Match-Up Chart insert

And a 3rd collection of recent highlights...

[yt]ExtdQcWXjfk[/yt]

Some of the parrying in that compilation inspires me so much to learn iird strike, its the only one I never really got to grips with.

Incredible skills, thanks for that mr shend

I remember I once saw a hacked SF2 machine in a random arcade somewhere in Spain, I think, and when ryu did a dragon punch he basically made a wall of fireballs appear. Which certainly made playing against him somewhat difficult.

I played one in Blackpool during a grim childhood holiday where Chun Li's spinning Bird Kick sent her spazzing all over the place and then she turned into Ryu and did two fireballs that came toward me in an alternating sin wave pattern.

Some of the parrying in that compilation inspires me so much to learn iird strike, its the only one I never really got to grips with.

Incredible skills, thanks for that mr shend

Like all the best beat 'em ups (and like the SFIV series), it's one of those games where you never think you've learnt "enough"; there's always another replay or tournament video showing insane techniques and strategies that have no right to work as well as they do. IMO, anyway.

God I love SF. Despite being shit at it.

I remember I once saw a hacked SF2 machine in a random arcade somewhere in Spain, I think, and when ryu did a dragon punch he basically made a wall of fireballs appear. Which certainly made playing against him somewhat difficult.
I played one in Blackpool during a grim childhood holiday where Chun Li's spinning Bird Kick sent her spazzing all over the place and then she turned into Ryu and did two fireballs that came toward me in an alternating sin wave pattern.

Ah, Street Fighter II "Black Belt Edition" or "Rainbow Edition" (dodgy copies of Champion Edition). The memories...

And a 3rd collection of recent highlights...

[yt]ExtdQcWXjfk[/yt]

Ah... 3S vids, how I've missed you.

god, this is like a whole different world to me.

i love street fighter: i had it on the snes, and played SFEX, SFA2 in the arcades - but never really competitively, just against my equally-skilled mate. i could take the CPU apart on MAME'd SFA3, but i just feel like if i entered the Crazy World Of Competitive SF Games i'd get fucking rammed in the arse with specials and perfects. the skill involved in parrying in 3rd Strike looks fucking nuts.

these videos are very cool, but i don't think i totally get them. except for that insane one by the daigo dude, i can see that it's probably the best thing ever.

oh, and akuma FTW, always.

Check me out, back when I thought posting in nocaps was the height of anti-establishment cool.

Honestly, this thread is responsible for keeping fighting games on my radar during university, and making sure I kept an eye out once SFIV was announced (I thought it looked terrible and that Smash Bros was way better, haha). Then I dipped back in, saw that people were enjoying it, noticed Excellent Adventures, and all that eventually led to me buying AE and a stick, getting advice from the rllmuk peeps, grinding online, working in the lab, finding a main, then eventually meeting folks in person and having a whale of a time.The FGC is a many-splintered thing, but this particular shard of salty glass here on the forum is something I value a lot.

He doesn't go in the SFIV topic much so I should offer an enormous thankyou to TheShend, a true legend. Thanks and GGs also to everyone else. STREET FIGHTER!

My son is now 4 1/2 and I've started him playing 3rd Strike. He's using a pad at the moment because that's what he's used to, but I'll get him on the stick in a week or two.

He can actually beat me, but I think that's because he can mash buttons faster than I can get proper moves out.

Next stop, SFII HD.