rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Calashnikov

Tiger Uppercut!

Yeah I'm driving down and driving back same day and splitting the fuel costs with the passengers. Whereabouts are you 'saint?

Because of its large Chinese community?

You massive sweaty racist.

Nah, Kenshi lives there, he's totally not racist. Or Chinese.

It's about a lightyear away from Mile End though.

Sigh.

You were supposed to say 'I didn't even know Harrow had a large Chinese community' and I'd reply 'well yeah, as soon as they get off the plane they're in a taxi saying HARROW, TAXI DRIVER!!!' because when they say 'hello' it sounds like 'harrow' and everyone would laugh at how well I'd set you up, turning a blind eye to the mild racism expressed in the joke.

Thanks, man. Thanks.

^_^

Listen, I've renewed my passport to come dahn sarf for this Gwynster, so shake a tail feather me ol' china.

I think my favourite animation from 3rd Strike is Makoto's throw. Sidle up, knee to the back, put to the floor and then a FIST TO THE GUT!

Poetry in Motion.

Here's an AMAZE Makoto player

laying the law down against a Yun player called OJA.

The 2nd round of that match is brutal!

I don't play 3S but that video made me want to, awesome smackdown in the second round.

I do love me Makoto me. Anyone ever seen her Super Art III put to use? You know, the one where you can't block when activated?

Ooh, since this has been bumped again I've got an excuse to ramble about the MAME/P2P amazingness I was talking about in the retro thread - if anyone wants to arrange some games sometime (and it doesn't have to be emulatory - Live's just as good) don't hold back! :blink:

Well the event went pretty well overall although I was only there for the Saturday, I did get to meet Ryan Hart, Harmonaz and players of their ilk, which was nice.

Pictures of Super vs Battle 2008 *Not taken by me*

Anybody go or was it just me, Singho, Willei and Teodi?

actually played SF2 turbo on a cabinet today for the first time in years

just a real shame the cab was in a really back nick and the sticks were fucked and the monitor was fubared

had a few good matches with my mate thou

I've been going SF mad recently; completed SFII CE last week as per my sig, I've been dabbling in the SFIII series on ElSemi's emulator (still can't get used to the command change for Ibuki's slidey neck-snap thing), and one of the last games I bought was Alpha 3 MAX on the PSP, which unfortunately kicks my arse on most occasions.

Love the modes though, especially Reversed Dramatic Battle. :)

Ooh, reverse dramatic battle? Tremendous mode! They should port it to LIVE Arcade for EX2 goodness though ^_^

An American chap has found an old VHS tape he recorded of the 1st Street Fighter Tournament sponsored by Capcom held in the US in 1994.

You can find all the links and interesting info from the man in the link below:

1994 Capcom Official SSF2 Tournament - Super Just Games Arcade Illinois

I was about that age in 1994 and although not American there's a tremendous degree of nostalgia from when Street Fighter was still new and exciting :lol:

An American chap has found an old VHS tape he recorded of the 1st Street Fighter Tournament sponsored by Capcom held in the US in 1994.

You can find all the links and interesting info from the man in the link below:

1994 Capcom Official SSF2 Tournament - Super Just Games Arcade Illinois

I was about that age in 1994 and although not American there's a tremendous degree of nostalgia from when Street Fighter was still new and exciting :lol:

thanks for that.

Funny me and hoodedclaw have been total die hards since the start of sf2.

And we play once a week and love it more and more. It's a fucking art form!

What's weird is that even though it's 1994, SSF2 on that big monitor looks dam good to me even now.

I'm going to wallow in some Sherbert Dip and Cream Soda youthful nostalgia for a while now.

Just got Third Strike. It's been pretty great so far, even though I'm god awful at it. I did my first super cancel(Hadouken in to Shouryuu-reppa) today which was cool.

Awesome; lovely to see people still getting into this. I haven't been playing as much because I stupidly threw away my Anniversary Collection, but I guess I've still got ElSemi's excellent emulator...

Awesome; lovely to see people still getting into this. I haven't been playing as much because I stupidly threw away my Anniversary Collection, but I guess I've still got ElSemi's excellent emulator...

Which do you think is better? Is the AC version perfect?...is the ElSemi?

Been really getting into 3rd strike myself lately, i think it's the hori stick which is making all the difference.

I am in love with Ibuki at the moment

Could one of you fine people reccomend me a half/decent stick to plug in to one of these please?

PS2 to USB convertor

I've always played SF games on pads but TS seems to beg for a stick. Thanks for any help.

Maybe this should be in ATF but I thought you guys here would probably know best.

Which do you think is better? Is the AC version perfect?...is the ElSemi?

In terms of accuracy I'm too dumb to notice any huge difference - the emulated version is a bit rough here and there with some glitches in the graphics, but then again I haven't updated my version of CPS-3 for ages. There's also a chance that it might run a little faster because of more flexible options than a boxed console game, although again I can't really tell. However, it is quite convenient to just fire up and go whilst at your desk, and as a pad user I find the keyboard preferable because I can use six buttons with one hand as opposed to one thumb. I know, I know, I need a stick... :P ...but in the meantime ElSemi's is the most convenient option right now. Especially since I threw out AC and haven't spotted another copy anywhere yet... :(

I am in love with Ibuki at the moment

Hey, I'm in love with Ibuki! :)

In terms of accuracy I'm too dumb to notice any huge difference - the emulated version is a bit rough here and there with some glitches in the graphics, but then again I haven't updated my version of CPS-3 for ages. There's also a chance that it might run a little faster because of more flexible options than a boxed console game, although again I can't really tell. However, it is quite convenient to just fire up and go whilst at your desk, and as a pad user I find the keyboard preferable because I can use six buttons with one hand as opposed to one thumb. I know, I know, I need a stick... :( ...but in the meantime ElSemi's is the most convenient option right now. Especially since I threw out AC and haven't spotted another copy anywhere yet... :lol:

Hey, I'm in love with Ibuki! :D

hahaha

Hey has anyone played the SSF2T HD beta in commando 3 on xbox live?

It's been a while!

Players: Totsuka Teacher(DU), Tecchi(CH), Tottori(RY), Pierre(UR), Suga(KE), Ruu(RY), Koori(NE), Nacchan(KE)

Game Inn Sakura 2on2 Tournament [5th December 2008]

League A - 1st Round Qualifiers

League A - 2nd Round Qualifiers

League A - 3rd Round Qualifiers

Aiku(DU), Dan(DU) vs Tottori(RY), Fu(YA)

League Qualifiers:

Game Inn Sakura 2on2 Tournament [26th December 2008

Quarter Finals

33rd A-cho Kansai Ranking Battle [6th December 2008]

Players: Ben(HU), Noobow(HU), Yoshiki(KE), Yagii(RE)

Players: Eriru(Q), Sai(DU), Yoshiki(KE), Heboyan(UR)

Mi-ka-do 1 Man 2on2 Tournament *1st Round* [11th December 2008]

Quarter Finals:

Mi-ka-do 1 Man 2on2 Tournament *2nd Round* [13th December 2008]

*Match 8 not recorded*

*Game Newton Arcade*

Players:

Team [A] M2C(MA), KZ(GO)

Team Shuu(GO), Mimora(MA)

Team [C] Ni-Kaiten(DU), Matsuken(KE)

Team [D] Aiku(DU), Nuki(CH)

Cooperation Cup Ranking Battle [stage 3] [7th February 2009]

*Game Inn Sakura Arcade*

+ 3rd Place

Cooperation Cup Ranking Battle [stage 5] [21st February 2009]

*Game Newton Arcade*

*phew*

Best bump ever. Sadly I've been neglecting 3rd Strike and playing this other upstart that popped up one or two weeks ago, but I'll probably be back soon enough... :(