rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Calashnikov

Tiger Uppercut!

Wow, played this online for the first time ever last night, thought I'd be in with a fighting chance after easily trashing any of my mates I can con into playing it.

I got absolutely destroyed! One win out of 25+ matches :wub: That 360 pad really is dreadful.

Seriously? I thought that it was meant to be old Chris Eubank. Wealthy, upper-class black British boxer with funny accent? Who else?

Yeah, Eubank is definitely part of the Dudley equation for the reasons you've given. But this Andy Hug part is alot more subtleler, can you see it Myth?

Boasting time: The few times I've managed to pop in to one of the arcades around here and have a few games, I haven't been beaten once. I sit down, beat the guy who's been playing, win a few straight games, then leave the machine and go wherever I have to go. ;)

Guess I've been lucky, but I'm liking this winning streak.

Hello.

I decided last night that I don't play this enough because when I do I come up against absolute wankers. I've had enough Denjin Ryus to last me a lifetime. And last night some bellend with whom I seemed to be evenly matched went and selected Gill. So I quit.

Anyway, we had a tournament just after AC came out on the Xbox, as I recall - I narrowly beat Preacher before (I think) grav0 schooled me with his Genei Jin.

We should do it again. I'll be happy to organise it - if you're interested, post below or in the thread in Online. Maybe both. It's up to you.

wtf

I am lovin people leaving matches when I'm winning!

really, so you like getting a loss for this then, i was arse kicking a guy called FREEBLAST, he's rank 10 and very good, he quit before it got to round 2, i really hate when the better players do this. If they can't take losing then they shouldn't play the game

I'm in but I still haven't ordered my stick, might have to pad it up which is always a laugh (cry).

i've never even played it online, so i'm in. I'm pretty terrible at the best of times, mostly only ever played the cpu and am way out of practice so i can't wait to get killed

really, so you like getting a loss for this then, i was arse kicking a guy called FREEBLAST, he's rank 10 and very good, he quit before it got to round 2, i really hate when the better players do this. If they can't take losing then they shouldn't play the game

I usually only leave games when whoever I'm against is lagging seriously, and even then I'll just put the pad down and wait for the other guy to take 2 rounds off me.

I usually only leave games when whoever I'm against is lagging seriously, and even then I'll just put the pad down and wait for the other guy to take 2 rounds off me.

it dosen't matter to me, the only thing i hate is the delay lag, when you do somthing like jump back and press punch and nothing happens for a second and you end up doing somthing else insted

wtf

I am lovin people leaving matches when I'm winning!

Well, if the lack of a challenge leaves you bored, they might be doing you a favour... :rolleyes:

sarcasm my man!

I see red mist when they leave!!

Does this use the same netcode as Capcom Vs SNK 2?

I gave up on that when I found out the secret to winning was always to be the host.

Just been dabbling with the Extra Options mode - I can't believe it took me this long to discover how much fun it can be to play as SAIII Urien with 9 stocks of super and an infinite gauge. Unnecessarily daft Aegis traps ftw! :angry:

Bump.

Anyone who's anyone will have heard about *that* news concerning CPS-3, and then *that* news about the work-in-progress emulator. Whilst I already have the AC for Xbox (before you accuse me of getting a free ride :blink:), I had to have a look to see if the talk was true, and many painstaking hours later I was able to confirm it for myself: it's amazing. Blindingly fast. A bit glitchy in the graphics department, but still...an incredible achievement. Maybe the fact that it actually runs at a decent framerate means I can revive my habit of recording dodgy performances with Fraps and sticking them on YouTube for the hell of it... :(

Bump.

Anyone who's anyone will have heard about *that* news concerning CPS-3, and then *that* news about the work-in-progress emulator. Whilst I already have the AC for Xbox (before you accuse me of getting a free ride :blink:), I had to have a look to see if the talk was true, and many painstaking hours later I was able to confirm it for myself: it's amazing. Blindingly fast. A bit glitchy in the graphics department, but still...an incredible achievement. Maybe the fact that it actually runs at a decent framerate means I can revive my habit of recording dodgy performances with Fraps and sticking them on YouTube for the hell of it... :angry:

What?

What?

You can now play 3S on your desktop, and at a more respectable speed than C******t.

So I was just asked by a 3S newcomer on another forum if I had "any tips". :) Given that it'd be best to start with the kind of stuff I first found out, I told him about attack strength (light, medium, heavy), throws, EXes and Supers, then explained how parrying is better than blocking (no damage, a counter window, etc), referring to Evo 2k4 to explain it's importance, and closed by telling him first to experiment with characters to find out how stuff works, then to check out Thongboy's tutorial, Shend's YouTube group, and a couple of magazines.

Although, given that after months of play I still consider myself a newbie, I think he was asking the wrong guy. :)

I don't think I learned anything through guides and stuff, I just played one of my housemates nearly every night and watched quite a lot of tournament videos. Stuff I saw in videos I then attempted on my housemate, who would fairly quickly adapt strategies to cope and overcome, which then required me to adapt in the same way.

I've virtually forgotten it all by now though. :)

That's partly why I told him to experiment himself; at present he's only interested in getting to know the basics - I don't think he's getting into multiplayer just yet - and I mostly used the links to show how deep the game can be if you're willing to go that far. Taking the Thongboy vid as an example, I don't use all of those tactics all of the time, and during online battles I get along alright with the handful of techniques I come up with myself. Everyone has their own way of developing, I guess.

Gamers Vision 6th Ranking Battle No.6 - No sound.

- JOE(KE), Nitto(YU), Tokido(CH) vs Dan(DU), Take(RE), Kei(YA)

- Nanaichi(KE), C-13(MA), Uni(NE) vs Pierre(CH), Ma Junior(UR), Ochibi(YU)

Shend, do you know if the UK version of this is one of the region free Xbox games? I just can't find it here in Japan, I've looked EVERYWHERE.