rllmuk
Dork Knight

Gremlins

4 hours ago, SteveG said:

I watched it last Christmas when it was on Prime. Still an amazing film. What isn’t amazing is the description used on Prime. Not exactly selling it. I took the photo because I couldn’t believe it. 

5E1906D1-F160-4E3E-ADF7-16872A6C3CB5.thumb.jpeg.5d84013513cb43bcb7122e4fd2396ed0.jpeg

I’m desperate to show this to my son but he’s only just turned six and it will definitely give him nightmares. The story that Phoebe Cates tells about her dad might take some explaining. Well dark.

Forget Mogwai, it’s my spirits which have been dampened by reading that terrible synopsis.  

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Harsin said:

The real crime is Christmas decorations up a third of the way into November.

I agree. 

14 hours ago, SteveG said:

I watched it last Christmas

Let’s all agree that the real crime here is that it doesn’t seem to be on any streaming services now. Perhaps it will pop up back on Amazon Prime in time for Christmas. 

29 minutes ago, SteveG said:

Let’s all agree that the real crime here is that it doesn’t seem to be on any streaming services now. Perhaps it will pop up back on Amazon Prime in time for Christmas. 

It’s an amazon as it came up when I searched Christmas films. Can’t remember if it was prime, though.

16 hours ago, SteveG said:

I watched it last Christmas when it was on Prime. Still an amazing film. What isn’t amazing is the description used on Prime. Not exactly selling it. I took the photo because I couldn’t believe it. 

5E1906D1-F160-4E3E-ADF7-16872A6C3CB5.thumb.jpeg.5d84013513cb43bcb7122e4fd2396ed0.jpeg

I’m desperate to show this to my son but he’s only just turned six and it will definitely give him nightmares. The story that Phoebe Cates tells about her dad might take some explaining. Well dark.

I remember showing Goonies to my kids when they were about six.

I'd forgotten the first scene is a man hanging himself.

18 hours ago, James Lyon said:

I've said before, a pre-Christmas Gremlins and Die Hard double bill was the best cinema experience I've had in a long time.

This is actually happening near me - although at two different cinema's on 2 different days.  One is showing Die Hard on the 23rd December :D

17 hours ago, SteveG said:

Do you take photos of the resume/play screen for every film you watch?  I NEED TO KNOW!

5 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

Do you take photos of the resume/play screen for every film you watch?  I NEED TO KNOW!

Ha, no. I stuck it on Facebook last year. I was very hungover following my Christmas party. Should have just screen grabbed the Prime app screen on my phone, it still has that same shit synopsis. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Purin said:

I remember showing Goonies to my kids when they were about six.

I'd forgotten the first scene is a man hanging himself.

That's never shown on the TV edit so when I bought the DVD and watched it with my kids, that was the first time I saw that. They also swear in it.

Jaws is a PG still too.

Fuck me I forgot about that bits.

We were talking about the Gremlins movies with the kids the other day and I got them last night for maybe watching this weekend.

Might delay that a few years.

13 hours ago, deKay said:

I bet there’s a fair few kids who found out Father Christmas doesn’t exist because of Gremlins :(

It's not explicit in that regard at all - just because her dad dressed up as Santa and broke his neck coming down the chimney, it doesn't necessarily follow that the real Santa doesn't exist.

Kids accept fake Santas all the time, this is just another one of those types of thing. My daughter watched it about a year ago and still believes in Santa. Pretty sure I still believed in him too when I watched Gremlins as a kid.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Darwock said:

It's not explicit in that regard at all

The girl literally says "That how I found out there was no Santa Claus."

On 11/11/2019 at 09:47, strider said:

It’s an amazon as it came up when I searched Christmas films. Can’t remember if it was prime, though.

From using Amazon Prime’s shitty UI, it probably is on Amazon when you search for it.You’ll think “yes, I’ll watch that”. 

Except it will be only available if you have an additional subscription to some shit horror service.