rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Crunch

-=Eve Online=-

I'm closing in on 100million skill points (91 atm) and I really need to get out of the habit of mining as the only real activity I do, i think.

Saw a hulk jet canning the other day, which I found hilarious. So I strolled along in my slow arse Mack, got all the ore (it took me a moment to remember you actually have to lower your security level via buttons these days) and left.

I hadn't felt this excited about EVE in literal years, I really need to make a clone, throw in some cheap implants and join red vs blue or something.

THERE HAS TO BE MORE TO LIFE THEN KERNITE, SCORDITE AND VELDSPAR. :(

What happened with your harrasment of Brave? I stopped playing just before they decided to move themselves into nul. Did your fun end there or did you follow them for a bit?

What happened with your harrasment of Brave? I stopped playing just before they decided to move themselves into nul. Did your fun end there or did you follow them for a bit?

We don't see much of them. Seeing as our alliance is new we decided to carve out a small peice of Delve for ourselves. WE are also part of the CFC so we are relatively safe. They only real hassle we get is the odd visit from pasta and the odd CFC fleet fight nearby. It is apparently going to be a while before we start recruiting more corps so it being quiet is a big plus.

THERE HAS TO BE MORE TO LIFE THEN KERNITE, SCORDITE AND VELDSPAR. :(

You sound a bit similar to myself. My character is about 10 years old, but I only have 20 million skill points compared with your 100 million. I also had huge holes in my foundation skills and very little practical experience of Eve outside highsec mining, manufacturing, trading.

I joined BRAVE, and headed on down to Catch. I had a sort of fun few weeks, but it was mostly trying to avoid station and gate camps around our home systems. This got a bit tiresome pretty quickly, but I did pick up some good nullsec skills.

So I joined COF, the BRAVE wormhole corp, so I now live in a hole with no station and no certainty of which regions of the Eve universe I'll be able to access on any given day. Sounds like a pain, but to be honest I find wormhole life really suits me. I've always liked the idea of Covert Ops, and now it's what I fly almost exclusively.

I can run some sites in our wormhole chain with the corp, I can go explore the chain to see what's out there, I can jump out in to nullsec to run Relic/Data sites or to go on a covert roam in a stealth bomber, or I can jump out in to highsec to go shopping.

I'm now much more comfortable in null and wormhole areas than I am in low/highsec.

• Upvote 2

Just stuck 30 days of game time into my industrial based character. Been out of the game for just under a year so my question is, any recommendations for a corp who will ease me back into it a bit? Char has over 70mil sp but as I said its almost entirely industrial based, my other account has the fighting bloke.

An obvious plug from myself: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bravenewbies/

The Brave coalition has a few member corps who do industrial, manufacturing, mining and logistics (hauling in HS, LS, NS). The miners and industrialists seem a very friendly bunch and have their own area of nullsec carved out down in the Catch region. Info on the corps should be linked in the Reddit.

So I strolled along in my slow arse Mack, got all the ore (it took me a moment to remember you actually have to lower your security level via buttons these days) and left.

You have to what now? Bewtonns? I haven't played for about a year, does there happen to be any site that tells about all the changes they've made since then? I heard Heavy Missiles are rubbish now and no-one flies BC's or Assault Ships anymore. And there's some sort of new 'temporary criminal' flagging system?

To help people temporarily lacking access to an EVE client and generally remove annoyance, in Phoebe you will be able to construct and start training skill queues of unlimited time length. Trial accounts will still have a 24 hour queue limitation. This change will be live on Singularity along with a feedback thread next week.

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

skillqueue.png

That's good. God knows how many times I've forgotten to change skills after they ended. Still though 0.0 needs a huge shake up as it's boring as piss at the moment. Hell I spent time last night fucking mining ore.

Being able to enter a long, structured, skill training plan is LONG overdue. If you have a skill requirement for a certain ship, weapon, or stat boost, you will now be able to enter it without having to keep notepad notes on what you're training and why you're training it. All too often you'd enter the first 24 hours of skills, go and do new stuff, forget what you were training for, and enter something new a day or two later!

It'll definitely help with training in to Corp doctrine ships/modules.

That's good. God knows how many times I've forgotten to change skills after they ended. Still though 0.0 needs a huge shake up as it's boring as piss at the moment. Hell I spent time last night fucking mining ore.

Wormholes, mate. Way forward.

Being able to enter a long, structured, skill training plan is LONG overdue. If you have a skill requirement for a certain ship, weapon, or stat boost, you will now be able to enter it without having to keep notepad notes on what you're training and why you're training it. All too often you'd enter the first 24 hours of skills, go and do new stuff, forget what you were training for, and enter something new a day or two later!

Evemon!!!

Wasn't the reasoning in the day for the 24hour queue minimum because they wanted players logging in? Unlimited certainly works against that, maybe tone it down to a week or month.

Of course, the argument there is why keep paying for something you barely log into. But I can also see a long queue as making me disinterested in the long run if I'm keeping the sub running (and go on holiday or something) with a 100 day plan and equally like in the example above, simply forget what I was going for, forget how to play because I haven't logged in so long, figure I must care little now, and quit.

I'd argue a short skill plan prevented that, somewhat.

"Wormholes, mate. Way forward"

Ain't no way I'm going in no wormhole fool!

Been with TGRADS over six years now. Nearly nine years been playing. I think I'll go to ten and then bugger off unless something really interesting happens.

Honestly, when you spend most of your time playing without any Local chat or Local system player list, it's quite odd coming out of a chain and seeing who else is in system. In many ways I feel safer in wormhole space than I do in null, low, and certainly high sec. High Sec is a complete pain in the ass.

My character (tyagi) is just over ten years old now :)

I used to love playing Eve back in the day. I was a member of PIE (amarr only) back when we used to have a friendly little war going with the minmatar's. I think we held the record at one point for the most declared against corp (29 or something like that). One of my favourite moments was one of our supreme military commanders realising that he actually had to have missiles to go along with his missile launchers ("oh, so that's why it won't work!).

Fun times.

• Upvote 1

David's character was called Rodj Blake. I was called Mos Panor. EVE was my first online gaming experience, and it's unlikely I'll ever recreate that feeling I had playing it. Loved the roleplay with PIE.

David's character was called Rodj Blake. I was called Mos Panor. EVE was my first online gaming experience, and it's unlikely I'll ever recreate that feeling I had playing it. Loved the roleplay with PIE.

Rodj is on here! I didn't know that. Rodj, I'm Takumi :) I still miss the roleplay in PIE, and Oracle were utterly central to that. I'm lucky if I can boot the PS4 up for 45 minutes these days though, so my MMOing days are long behind.

Just helped the PIE guys migrate the forum to a new server/owner. I've run that thing since 2002, when I setup PIE in Jumpgate. All sorts of amazing nostalgia and memories.

Wrong game there :P

Rodj is on here! I didn't know that. Rodj, I'm Takumi :) I still miss the roleplay in PIE, and Oracle were utterly central to that. I'm lucky if I can boot the PS4 up for 45 minutes these days though, so my MMOing days are long behind.

Just helped the PIE guys migrate the forum to a new server/owner. I've run that thing since 2002, when I setup PIE in Jumpgate. All sorts of amazing nostalgia and memories.

I was johnnyalpha in pie. I was known as someone who you wouldn't mind having on your side in a scrap but was completely bloody useless on their own. Fun fact I once somehow ended up running security on a mining op much to everyone's annoyance/amusement ("something's seriously fucked up somewhere if johnny's security" )I seem to remember being said!

So many fond memories that still linger. Classic's such as member Ethidium Bromide asking if he was drunk last night. Asked why, he replied with "well I've got a pile of insurance claims here but I'm a little hazy as to what actually happened and was trying to track back what was going on, lesson learned never play eve whilst pissed!", or Golan (supreme military commander) being asked nicely by our other leaders to leave the other side alone for a bit "but I was bored, and wanted something to do". Or Khaldorn Morinho (minmater, something like that) having his ship shot out from underneath him so many times that even his leader's began to wonder if it was an insurance scam of some sort!

RL got in the way plus a bit of fatigue so had to quit really.