rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Crunch

-=Eve Online=-

Heh, I'm still in my Science and Trade Institute noob corp (10 months now) because I'm flying around on my own.

Love what they've done with Exodus, the missions are loads better. I'm hoping that my new pc will sort out some occasional lag I have (seems unlikely, as it's the lag, but hey I can hope after losing my cruiser last night to it).

Heh, I'm still in my Science and Trade Institute noob corp (10 months now) because I'm flying around on my own.

Love what they've done with Exodus, the missions are loads better. I'm hoping that my new pc will sort out some occasional lag I have (seems unlikely, as it's the lag, but hey I can hope after losing my cruiser last night to it).

Really...10 months in a noob corp? ;)

Join us and we will replace all the ships you loose.

Join us and we will replace all the ships you loose.

Heh, it doesn't happen very often. By the time I get home I'll have learnt Amarr Cruiser to level 3 and be able to get a bigger ship anyhoo. Bookmarked the container with all the junk my ship had installed and whizzed back to it in my super nippy Atron, so my loss isn't too great. B)

Your lot got a website I can peruse?

Heh, it doesn't happen very often. By the time I get home I'll have learnt Amarr Cruiser to level 3 and be able to get a bigger ship anyhoo. Bookmarked the container with all the junk my ship had installed and whizzed back to it in my super nippy Atron, so my loss isn't too great. B)

Your lot got a website I can peruse?

http://www.curse.blackreign.co.uk/forum/index.php

But you have to be granted full forum access.

My ingame names are Psychopat and slaveabuser, feal free to start a conversation

if you see me online.......would be nice to have a forumite onboard. I can promise you that you get to do evryting Eve has to offer ;)

Yep I play, though am having a breather from it for a bit. My name is johnnyalpha. I'm part of PIE inc which is a founder member of the CVA alliance. I can fly most amarr only ships (part of PIE policy which you agree to when you join up) up to Armageddon. I tend to class my self as good in a group battle but absolute crap on me own. I think the most painful experience I've had was getting ganked by a gang of minmatar in Amarr itself. 12 vs 1 and I was the 1!

Funniest though was back when I first started and flying Frigs. We were at war with a group of Minmatars called Oracle. I was flying an Inquisitor (amarr Missile boat basically). I was there at the edge of the battle letting rip with the missiles, when a couple of half decent shots from the enemy meant the ship went boom. I started to warp out to the gate in my pod. Unsurprisingly there were a couple of enemy ships waiting by the ship to pick off anyone trying to get out. I heard the lock on sound and he fired the missiles at my pod. However I managed to jump out a second before the missiles would have hit. Result? They missed me and hit the gate it self. Cue sentry guns letting rip. I heard later that he got out with about 1% structure on his ship left. I was laughing so hard it hurt.

I think that the sooner that consenual war is put back in the better? What the hell were ccp thinking (dont answer!). Basically it costs 50m isk a week for war. No way can we or the minmatars keep that up for long. Before exodus pie had something like 26 wars going at one point!

Just means only the big boys can have wars now. I agree with what your saying, it is kind of crazy at the moment, but it does stop nobheads from starting wars with noob corps etc. So it isnt really an issue for me.

Still with MCorp eh, Number 1? :o

I found the whole PvP Corp thing a little bit of a grind so I took a long break and eventually returned to the game as a solo player. If I can find a nice, laid-back Corp I'd be happy to join, but I don't want to get into the Curse/Stain/Whatever it is now kerfuffles again.

Still with MCorp eh, Number 1? :o

I found the whole PvP Corp thing a little bit of a grind so I took a long break and eventually returned to the game as a solo player. If I can find a nice, laid-back Corp I'd be happy to join, but I don't want to get into the Curse/Stain/Whatever it is now kerfuffles again.

I kind of feel the same way at the moment myself. PVP is getting me down, and i'm not playing EVE as much because of it. I miss mining in Caldari space. :(

Ah yes... what was that system we camped in and cleaned out, while all the other new corp members were moaning that there were no rocks in the starting system?

I'm happy to just do my mining and have a pop at NPC pirates every now and then. I just find the game incredibly relaxing and I love floating about in space for hours at a time.

I only started on this seven days ago, so I've nothing at all to contribute to any Corp discussion (and maybe nothing much in general). But two things strike me about the game:

1 ) I love the (relative) freedom you have within the gameworld. Of course, it's early days, but the ability to choose different styles of play, ethics, allegiances, etc., seems greater than with many other games. And it's also a more fluid and malleable environment you play in because of this. Then again, I'm no big MMORPGer, so what do I know? I do know that this has got me more interested than most, though.

2 ) As much as I love the game so far, the bugs are driving me mad. I've no experience of pre-Exodus Eve, but on this (*spit*) machine (which seems to work well enough with other games I've thrown at it) Eve is prone to sound problems, CTDs, complete system freezes, and various other delights that are dragging the experience down for me. Of course, much of this is to do with the variety of hardware/drivers/etc that the game has to run on (which is one thing I dislike about Wintels - but I'm trying not to get started on that). On the other hand, many new bugs are brought in across the board by CCP in patches (the latest one involves disappearing cargo - which means that, sometimes, you suddenly can't reload in the heat of battle, as Eve thinks you've no ammo). Another really amusing one is when an agent (lv. 1 here) gives you a mission impossible - and you can't refuse it without losing standing and/or collateral.

Apart from those whinges, though, it's keeping me away from anything else, games-wise, at the moment. So it must be a good game to survive bugs of that magnitude of annoyance. If CCP could make improvements in this area (and if they could, more unlikely, change the combat dynamic somewhat), then I can imagine this being a truly great game - an Elite-beater and all that.

For now, though, it's merely very, very good.

Doubt I'll ever be a Corp man by nature - but I suppose I'll have to give it a go to make sure I've experienced everything the game can offer. I watched a pretty huge battle from a chicken's hideout next to a Gate the other night - mighty impressive it was, too; but I had no real desire to get into the fray (especially not in a hauler full of 1.2 mil worth of fags on my way to the tobacconists at the edge of the system).

That's probably me, then - always one for the exciting stuff.

(Speaking of which: hey, Sabe - you up for some mining anytime soon?)

I only started on this seven days ago, so I've nothing at all to contribute to any Corp discussion (and maybe nothing much in general). But two things strike me about the game:

2 ) As much as I love the game so far, the bugs are driving me mad. I've no experience of pre-Exodus Eve, but on this (*spit*) machine (which seems to work well enough with other games I've thrown at it) Eve is prone to sound problems, CTDs, complete system freezes, and various other delights that are dragging the experience down for me

Apart from those whinges, though, it's keeping me away from anything else, games-wise, at the moment. So it must be a good game to survive bugs of that magnitude of annoyance. If CCP could make improvements in this area (and if they could, more unlikely, change the combat dynamic somewhat), then I can imagine this being a truly great game - an Elite-beater and all that.

Doubt I'll ever be a Corp man by nature - but I suppose I'll have to give it a go to make sure I've experienced everything the game can offer. I watched a pretty huge battle from a chicken's hideout next to a Gate the other night - mighty impressive it was, too; but I had no real desire to get into the fray (especially not in a hauler full of 1.2 mil worth of fags on my way to the tobacconists at the edge of the system).

Those bugs have been there since I started playing eve over a year ago (ouch). Sometimes the ctds go away and things become stable, other times (as you've said normally after a patch)they become much much worse. At least you haven't experienced the ship stuck on top of yours bug I hope! At its worst somone in our corp was warping to the next system with a station on the back of his Apocalypse!

Oh and your comment about watching a battle in a hauler? Reminds me of the time a 15 strong CVA (pie and other amarr only corps basically) happened to be by a gate when a enemy hauler just happened to jump straight next to us! He was completely unarmed but we blew him up anyway. We couldnt belive the kill mail afterwards. It seemed that he'd been shifting a lot of his corp gear to a new base when he bumped into us and had over 100 millions worth of gear on board!!

As much as I love the game so far, the bugs are driving me mad. I've no experience of pre-Exodus Eve, but on this (*spit*) machine (which seems to work well enough with other games I've thrown at it) Eve is prone to sound problems, CTDs, complete system freezes, and various other delights that are dragging the experience down for me. Of course, much of this is to do with the variety of hardware/drivers/etc that the game has to run on (which is one thing I dislike about Wintels - but I'm trying not to get started on that). On the other hand, many new bugs are brought in across the board by CCP in patches (the latest one involves disappearing cargo - which means that, sometimes, you suddenly can't reload in the heat of battle, as Eve thinks you've no ammo). Another really amusing one is when an agent (lv. 1 here) gives you a mission impossible - and you can't refuse it without losing standing and/or collateral.

Doubt I'll ever be a Corp man by nature  - but I suppose I'll have to give it a go to make sure I've experienced everything the game can offer. I watched a pretty huge battle from a chicken's hideout next to a Gate the other night - mighty impressive it was, too; but I had no real desire to get into the fray (especially not in a hauler full of 1.2 mil worth of fags on my way to the tobacconists at the edge of the system).

That's probably me, then - always one for the exciting stuff.

Those bugs have been there since I started playing eve over a year ago (ouch). Sometimes the ctds go away and things become stable, other times (as you've said normally after a patch)they become much much worse. At least you haven't experienced the ship stuck on top of yours bug I hope! At its worst somone in our corp was warping to the next system with a station on the back of his Apocalypse!

Oh and your comment about watching a battle in a hauler? Reminds me of the time a 15 strong CVA (pie and other amarr only corps basically) happened to be by a gate when a enemy hauler just happened to jump straight next to us! He was completely unarmed but we blew him up anyway. We couldnt belive the kill mail afterwards. It seemed that he'd been shifting a lot of his corp gear to a new base when he bumped into us and had over 100 millions worth of gear on board!!

No wories Gorf King regarding the bugs. They will be sorted out, its because of Exodus. After Castor (the last update) there were 10000000000000000+ more bugs than it is now. You might reconsider going solo since corp efforts will speed up your progress ALOT. Tell me your ingame name and ill give you a mill or two.

I'll probably be on for a mega session on Saturday night. I have FF commitments tonight (oh, the pain of MMMMOOOORRPPPSGSS).

Also, very peculiarly I've never had any kind of system problem with EVE. I'm really fairly clueless when it comes to the technical side of PC gaming and I always expect all kinds of trouble. Since buying this new machine just over a year ago I haven't had a single virus, any kind of large-scale failure, or any conflict problems with programs.

Maybe I'm just really, really lucky :D

You might reconsider going solo since corp efforts will speed up your progress ALOT. Tell me your ingame name and ill give you a mill or two.

Yes, I'm sure a Corp would be very helpful with equipment, advice, and the like. I've had some fairly persistent offers - at least one of which seemed to be from a fairly easy-going outfit's CEO - but I'd rather explore the game for a bit longer myself before signing up to anything. I'm sure I'll give it a go eventually, though.

My name in Eve is the same as here, and although I'm not being sniffy about it (honest), I don't mind if you don't bother donating to the cause. One thing that is a little irksome is the amount of scrounging going on in the game - begging in help channels, basically (and probably by alts, at that). I quite like to earn my own money (although the odd windfall or bit of help doesn't go amiss, and good fortune's part of it all, of course). Either way, thanks for the offer.

Sabe - maybe see you Saturday, then. Mind you, I'll have mined the shit out of that system by that point. Instead I reckon we'll have to gang up on - say - a hapless battleship, in order to earn our crust for the evening. I got a Rifter recently, so I'm sure we'll have no problems in a scrap. :D

Tell me what her EVE name is so that I can destroy her ships har-har ;)

Today I had an utter frustrating experience. I found a battleship equiped for mining

and naturally I jammed the poor bloke and started firing my heavy missiles. I had taken about half his shields when EVE friggn crashed. I was in a cruiser.

When I logged on my ship warped to a stargate where I got podded by

the sentry guns :D

:D