Jump to content

Twin Peaks


Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Finished watching part 1 and 2 last night. Man this is really weird, but in a good way. I need to watch a catch up of the previous seasons because i don't have a clue whats going on really.

 

Wait until you see episode 3, it makes 1 & 2 look like a kids show ;)

 

As for catching up on previous seasons: yes you should because they are amazing. But don't expect it to make this new series make total sense!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, g wings said:

 

Wait until you see episode 3, it makes 1 & 2 look like a kids show ;)

 

As for catching up on previous seasons: yes you should because they are amazing. But don't expect it to make this new series make total sense!

 

I did come across a 5-10 minutes catchup on youtube so i might watch that later just to get the general idea. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

 

I did come across a 5-10 minutes catchup on youtube so i might watch that later just to get the general idea. 

 

There is a fan edit called Northwest Passage which summarises the two previous seasons but I can't find it anywhere now. @Mentazm I think you found it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, g wings said:

 

There is a fan edit called Northwest Passage which summarises the two previous seasons but I can't find it anywhere now. @Mentazm I think you found it?

 

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/movies/northwest-passage-twin-peaks-fanedit/

 

Site is being hammered with new series though. I got it from a torrent on a page embedded in that article. 720p full screen. Was a bit annoyed it wasn't 1080p in the original TV format at first but it's really well done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, g wings said:

 

There is a fan edit called Northwest Passage which summarises the two previous seasons but I can't find it anywhere now. @Mentazm I think you found it?

 

3 minutes ago, Mentazm said:

 

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/movies/northwest-passage-twin-peaks-fanedit/

 

Site is being hammered with new series though. I got it from a torrent on a page embedded in that article. 720p full screen. Was a bit annoyed it wasn't 1080p in the original TV format at first but it's really well done.

 

Cheers guys i shall check it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm over the moon with this. Two episodes down and it's everything I had hoped for. Very much a show for fans of Lynch's movies, possibly moreso than Twin Peaks itself. All the weirdness, creepy moments, WTF moments, absurd humour and out-of-nowhere horror of Lost Highway, Blue Velvet and Mulholland Dr. in particular, and there's 18 goddamn hours of it. Loving that he can just aim the camera at a scene and let it play. I expect it'll be very divisive, especially amongst people just coming to it as a new TV show without really knowing what they're getting themselves into. It makes no concessions whatsoever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mentazm said:

 

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/movies/northwest-passage-twin-peaks-fanedit/

 

Site is being hammered with new series though. I got it from a torrent on a page embedded in that article. 720p full screen. Was a bit annoyed it wasn't 1080p in the original TV format at first but it's really well done.

 

Will try again but the embedded videos are down and the only torrent I found had a Japanese voiceover that couldn't be switched off!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Nope, that's a great set of cliff notes for the four episodes so far. :hat:

 

And one of those (Dougie) I hadn't pieced together properly.  How long until the fifth episode is out? 

 

I think it will be out in 2 weeks from next monday. Nice of them to drop four out so quickly, but it's made a bit of a wait (25 years, blah, blah, blah...)

I'd be quite happy if they stick to one a week for the rest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Episode 1-4 thoughts.

 

Spoiler

I'd assumed that Bob was possessing the Coop doppelganger, but I have some lingering doubts for some reason. Doesn't feel right. The school principal murder feels more like his handiwork in many ways, kinda Leland Palmer style. Maybe it's both.

As for the figure in the box, I assumed this was the 'mother' of the black lodge stalking Coop as he makes his escape. The same entity that is banging on the door in the fireplace room. The woman with no eyes makes the same snipping-cutting sound when warning Coop as the entity does when killing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Also, regarding Fire Walk With Me. I was expecting more from Bowie than just that one scene. His accent was ... interesting. 

 

Was a good prequel, though. Definitely one to watch after the series, despite being based before it.

 

There was some deleted stuff from FWWM with Bowie, and vague plans for some kind of spin-off movie.

 

The new series suggests that Lynch/Frost would've wanted him back in some form and had to work around it as best they could.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the presence of the numbers on those strange wall devices (including the one that Cooper went through) suggested a connection with the electrical pole at the trailer park in FWWM, the electrical pole being one of the locations of a conduit through to the Lodge. Probably why Mrs Chalfont lived next to it, and perhaps where Chester Desmond went when he picked up the ring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bazjam said:

Episodes 3 and 4 are showing on my Sky planner for next week, so I'm guessing 5 (and maybe 6) will air a week Monday. 

That would be good if thats the case, although I assumed it would be back to one a week after the initial 4.

 

1 minute ago, peeveen said:

I thought the presence of the numbers on those strange wall devices (including the one that Cooper went through) suggested a connection with the electrical pole at the trailer park in FWWM, the electrical pole being one of the locations of a conduit through to the Lodge. Probably why Mrs Chalfont lived next to it, and perhaps where Chester Desmond went when he picked up the ring.

 

Weren't the numbers his room number back at twin peaks matching the key he had? I assumed that was what drew him back?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, markh said:

Weren't the numbers his room number back at twin peaks matching the key he had? I assumed that was what drew him back?

 

Ooh, I never realised that, good catch.

But I think even the font used on all three things is too similar to be coincidental:

 

 

numbers.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel bad because everyone seems to love this, but I thought it was terrible and I loved the original series. I managed the first 3 parts but basically lost interest when Cooper was just pointlessly wandering around the casino. I can't take another 15 episodes of this, I'm still recovering from sitting through the entirety of Inland Empire. I might have to come back to it if everyone is still raving about it when it finishes.

 

Incoherent narrative, pointless cameos, wooden exposition, mind-numbingly dull pacing, laughable effects, soundtrack reduced to nothing but industrial drones, I don't get it. It's not Twin Peaks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Thunder Monk said:

Sorry if this has been answered but I don't want to read the thread for fear of spoilers. Is this listed as Twin Peaks: The return on NowTV?

Yes it is, watched first episode last night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChewMagma said:

I feel bad because everyone seems to love this, but I thought it was terrible and I loved the original series. I managed the first 3 parts but basically lost interest when Cooper was just pointlessly wandering around the casino. I can't take another 15 episodes of this, I'm still recovering from sitting through the entirety of Inland Empire. I might have to come back to it if everyone is still raving about it when it finishes.

 

Incoherent narrative, pointless cameos, wooden exposition, mind-numbingly dull pacing, laughable effects, soundtrack reduced to nothing but industrial drones, I don't get it. It's not Twin Peaks.

 

Try episode 4. For me it was the first episode that felt like Twin Peaks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mentazm said:

 


The new series is actually fairly easy to understand if you've had a recent catch-up on the show and FWWM.

 

 

I've seen the original show all the way through 3 or 4 times (and my wife is an obsessive so fills in the gaps in my memory) so I basically understand from a mechanical standpoint what is happening, I'm just struggling to care.

 

When I say it isn't Twin Peaks, I really mean it seems to be more of a continuation of Lynch's later film work, which I am not particularly a fan of. I always felt the original episodes worked because they (generally) successfully navigated the tension between Lynch's self-indulgence and something actually watchable. This so far seems to be wholly a Lynch thing and that seems a shame. The original was an extremely smart post-modern dissection of TV itself, an intoxicating blend of soap opera, procedural, horror, science fiction etc etc but this just doesn't seem to push the same buttons as effectively.

 

But, but, but having said all that, there have definitely been some very interesting scenes and it is clearly still the strangest  thing on television. I can see myself going back to it if it is still getting good reviews.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mentazm said:

As we were getting a flash of a clock nearly at 3 as he finally jumped through the 3rd device I assumed they were tied to times and dates.

 

Spoiler

253 was a number he was given in the red room in ep 1/2, and that's what Ronette's watch said in ep 3.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.