Pokemon Gamecube Screen...

hub2

Apparently everyone's forgotten Pokémon Colloseum.

That's not the case here; what is actually meant by the statement that this new Pokémon game is an entirely new one for the GC is that this time the GC version is not going to be subservient to a GBA version regarding the adventure portion of the games. So, essentially, a "proper" Pokémon game. (Regardless of the one found in Pokémon Colosseum, that is --and I'm only speculating about this; the scan provided by hub2 in his/her post is a bit vague about this matter.)

Was it a proper Pokemon game, though, or a 'side quest' kind of deal?

It didn't 'feel' like a proper Pokemon game. :)

I never actually played the RPG mode of the game, but IIRC, it was meant to be part of the Ruby/Sapphire story arc.

But Pokemons shit.

Unless your a 12 year old kid with no friends who gets bullied a lot at school for having a pokemon backpack and matching lunchbox/thermos combo.

No, the actual Pokémon games, the RPG adventures, are fantastic games, regardless of the fact that they are for 'teh kids!!!!111'. If you look underneath the cute exterior you'll find a wonderfully crafted RPG that engages you and keeps you playing.

It's the shitty spin-offs such as Pokémon Channel you'll want to steer clear of. :)

No, the actual Pokémon games, the RPG adventures, are fantastic games, regardless of the fact that they are for 'teh kids!!!!111'. If you look underneath the cute exterior you'll find a wonderfully crafted RPG that engages you and keeps you playing.

It's the shitty spin-offs such as Pokémon Channel you'll want to steer clear of. :)

HEY YOU!

PIKACHU!

Erm, no.

Played the first couple, got extremely bored with them.

Dull dull dull.

To be honest, I'd rather take a dump in a river than play another one.

I'd just like to put in a good word for Pokemon Channel. Not in a "look beyond the it's-for-kids appearance" way, but simply because it is for kids, and my kids absolutely love it. A game about having your own pet Pikachu, talking to loads of other Pokemon(s?) and watching nothing but Pokemon cartoons and other programmes on telly? Very boring for 34 year old dad, digital crack for his Pokeholic offspring.

I can safely say this now, this game will make the Gamecube popular again. Extremely popular... rediculously popular even.

.::: Will it? FireRed and LeafGreen anticipation seems to dictate otherwise... I honestly don't know what to expect from new Pokémon titles.

Everyone finally got what they wanted. A proper GameCube Pokemon RPG.

Make sure you all go out and buy it, rather than ignoring it and moaning that there's nothing coming out for GameCube like how everyone does with every other game that get's released for it right now.

If it is a 'proper' GC Pokemon I feel it's ever so slightly too late. If this had released about the same time as Mario Sunshine it could conceivably have been enough to boot the Xbox into 3rd in the sales stakes. However, I feel that opportunity has been completely lost. I hope the Revolution is backwards compatible as I've loved all the GBA Pokemon games and I'd like to try this but wouldn't buy another GC to play it.