IGNORED

Reggie.. He The Man

scottcr

if a PR monkey is the most import thing Nintendo have done this year Nintendo deseve to be out of business, and the whole world deserves to be dead.

luckily it isn;t

well... I don't think they could have done anymore to create better games. So.. they need someone to hammer home the message.

Reggie was obviously hired to be the front man for the DS/Revolution combo... just seems to be working so far.

and they have plenty...

a large quantity of high quality titles than the other platforms.. but hey.. what would I know.

surely you must know to ignore anything biglime ever says about Nintendo?

i'm with you, he's working his ass off and getting the message across.

i may just e-mail him the doubters names so he can kick their asses.

surely you must know to ignore anything biglime ever says about Nintendo?

i'm with you, he's working his ass off and getting the message across.

i may just e-mail him the doubters names so he can kick their asses.

Yeah.. I know... Isn't biglime involved in Consolevania as well? Wouldn't it be better if he was a bit less "extreme"

Anyway... I reckon his name was taken ages ago... Reggies squaring up for a serious ass kicking session soon.

It's funny... one of the big things that people remember from last E3 was Reggies Introduction. You've got to admit... it works!

I dislike his style, personally, but I will say one thing for him. He's got you lot and a bunch of other people like you talking about him, and you all know his name. That's currency in marketworld, and therefore success. Whether it translates into a new image for Nintendo (and boy oh boy do they need one) remains to be seen.

I dislike his style, personally, but I will say one thing for him. He's got you lot and a bunch of other people like you talking about him, and you all know his name. That's currency in marketworld, and therefore success. Whether it translates into a new image for Nintendo (and boy oh boy do they need one) remains to be seen.

Couldn't agree with you more.

My point is that everything Reggie says is designed to give the fanboys a cheap thrill.

Those of us who have no brand loyalty just sniggered at it.

I'd hope.

but interviews with CNN, that's not for fanboys.

E3... that was for the fans... and it worked.

He knows exactly what he's doing. He's cleverer and better that this stuff than any of us will ever be.

and he rocks.. <_<

I think it's fanboys trying to find a cheap thrill out of everything he says now rather than him him playing up to his own hype. Behind it all I think he's very smart and has long term plans. I expect Nintendo of America to be much more influential within the larger company once Revolution arrives and DS development gets into gear. Expect NoA to have development clout they haven't had before Reggie is done.

I think it's fanboys trying to find a cheap thrill out of everything he says now rather than him him playing up to his own hype. Behind it all I think he's very smart and has long term plans. I expect Nintendo of America to be much more influential within the larger company once Revolution arrives and DS development gets into gear. Expect NoA to have development clout they haven't had before Reggie is done.

I agree... reading the speech I put up, which was not aimed at fanboys, I found it interesting and it demonstrated how well screwed on his head is.

We all know Reggie... we all know the face of NoA more than pretty much anyone else. Like I said, like him or loathe him.. he's doing his job... NoA will be the driving force of the company from now on. NoJ... those days are gone... CEO will always be Japanese, but, like Capcom are doing as well... they will focus first and foremost on the biggest potential money making market.

US got the DS first... that speaks massive volumes.

but interviews with CNN, that's not for fanboys.

E3... that was for the fans... and it worked.

He knows exactly what he's doing. He's cleverer and better that this stuff than any of us will ever be.

and he rocks.. <_<

he's a marketing exec, he's paid to sell a product. he doesn't care what the product is. we have these guys working for us, every company does. i don't see the big deal. the only reason he's got himself noticed is because he acted like a tit and people laughed at him.

i fail to see what you're getting so excited about. do you fancy him or something? :D

he's a marketing exec, he's paid to sell a product. he doesn't care what the product is. we have these guys working for us, every company does. i don't see the big deal. the only reason he's got himself noticed is because he acted like a tit and people laughed at him.

i fail to see what you're getting so excited about. do you fancy him or something? <_<

"I love him and I want to have his babies"

I know he's a salesman.. he's hired to do a job and he's doing it well. He's not a ninty fanboy.. he's a professional.

I really don't think he acted like a tit... he did exactly what he meant to do in E3.

My point is that everything Reggie says is designed to give the fanboys a cheap thrill.

Those of us who have no brand loyalty just sniggered at it.

I'd hope.

He does have a so daft it's cool thing going for him. Like Bananaman or, if you will, Trapdoor.

I know he's a salesman.. he's hired to do a job and he's doing it well. He's not a ninty fanboy.. he's a professional.

that's great, i think :)

I really don't think he acted like a tit... he did exactly what he meant to do in E3

he intended to act like a tit. he must very proud of himself :unsure:

I cant take you seriously anymore.

They don't. Their biggest games have been sequels and commercial disasters. They no longer innovate, just spit and polish. And they've even had their arses kicked by the other two at that old chestnut. If you can't deal with that, don't blame me.

I liked Reggie when we were all watching the E3 conference in real time. He was hilarious. The joke is so played now, though.

Exactly. It was funny at E3, and the photoshopping shortly afterwards. But Reggie deserves a gold plated DeLorean now. It's gotten a bit old.

I would like to point out that I have no particular allegiance or dislike to any of the 3 big console companies. I'm not a Sony or MS fanboy bashing Nintendo.

They don't. Their biggest games have been sequels and commercial disasters. They no longer innovate, just spit and polish. And they've even had their arses kicked by the other two at that old chestnut. If you can't deal with that, don't blame me.

aren't you exagerating just a smidgen?

commercial disasters?

no innovation?

come on... why so hostile? seriously?