rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
rllmuk

Psp Hardware/opinions

Thats a joke. Right? Course they did. ipods didn't make people start listeneing to music on the move. The walkman did - about 20 years ago.

But iPod has changed everything. It's not just about listening to music - it's the way we listen to music. For me, my iPod has given me the ability to take all of my music everywhere. It stops me from having to pick out tapes, make tapes, get to listening to them and deciding that I'm not really in the mood for anything I'd brought. I had a 256MB MP3 player that I never used due to having to upload a few tracks to the flash card every night and finding the next day that I didn't really want what I'd uploaded, but my iPod is a constant companion because everything is on there all the time.

PSP will change everything too. People don't play video games in public due to intense shame and embarassment because Game Boys are kids toys. PSP removes this stigma because it's marketed as a mature multimedia device.

PSP removes this stigma because it's marketed as a mature multimedia device.

That and it looks fucking wicked.

PSP will change everything too. People don't play video games in public due to intense shame and embarassment because Game Boys are kids toys. PSP removes this stigma because it's marketed as a mature multimedia device.

Then that is a sorry state of affairs if people relegate themselves as nothing but fashion victims.

If people truly were mature and open minded then there would never be a hint of a stigma to begin with.

So so shallow.

Then that is a sorry state of affairs if people relegate themselves as nothing but fashion victims.

If people truly were mature and open minded then there would never be a hint of a stigma to begin with.

So so shallow.

So so shallow, but untimately, correct.

Note the 'Adult' versions of the Harry Potter books - just a cover change for tube users.

I think the PSP will sell to the demographic its aimed at and very well. I have a ds (well parcel force do until monday) and am trying to get a psp.

My cousin saw a vid of RR today and wants a psp !

So so shallow.

Whatever.

Everyone cares about their image and when I say everyone I mean every creature in the food chain.

So so shallow.

So you carry a clear-pink GBA with you?

We all have our own standards of image acceptability.

Whatever.

Everyone cares about their image and when I say everyone I mean every creature in the food chain.

pigeons don't. have you seen the shabby bastards?

you do? I'd assumed your avatar was a picture of yourself. ;)

pigeons don't. have you seen the shabby bastards?

They do the best they can though. Despite being utterly downtrodden, they'll still puff their chests out to give the best impression that they can to the lady pigeons.

Just spent £270 (not including P&P) on a PSP Value Pack with Ridge Racers and Armoured Core.

I feel a bit naughty, but Christmas is going to ROCK!

Now I know you are doing that shit just to spite me.

To be fair, it's just a case of mixing up the US and UK English spellings of the same word. I still find it awkward to discuss the "Medal of Honor" games. It just sounds wrong. Oh-nor, instead of ohnur.

I'm really looking forward to getting mine on Monday.

Just ripped Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Lost In Translation in preparation - should make journeys more entertaining! ;)

They do the best they can though. Despite being utterly downtrodden, they'll still puff their chests out to give the best impression that they can to the lady pigeons.

i suppose, but they're definitely at the bottom of the list. pigeons would play Gizmondo's in public, they just don't give a fuck.

i suppose, but they're definitely at the bottom of the list. pigeons would play Gizmondo's in public, they just don't give a fuck.

It doesnt have that Sony brand.

Ask the common man in the street - who makes the best TV's, CD Players etc?

I bet he will say Sony somewhere up there in the top.

Sony do make good electronics of course - certainly not the best, but no-one can touch them for their name recognition, and misconceptions based on that (that Sony goods are high value, and the best) will always help it sell many more units!

I did think of that once I'd typed it actually!

I think the fact that I'm going to be selling it instantly should annoy you more though...

To be fair, it's just a case of mixing up the US and UK English spellings of the same word. I still find it awkward to discuss the "Medal of Honor" games. It just sounds wrong. Oh-nor, instead of ohnur.

I'm killing you, with my mind.

Hey! I have one of those.

They said it was clear RED! They lied! ;)

I did think of that once I'd typed it actually!

I think the fact that I'm going to be selling it instantly should annoy you more though...

I would be more interested as to why?

Though you are a pre-ordained gaming chav for liking Anubis ;)

I would be more interested as to why?

Though you are a pre-ordained gaming chav for liking Anubis ;)

Hahaha. I still count that game as one of my favourites of all time.

Uh, as for why... well, I just don't think it'll be me. My standard of Japanese has improved significantly recently but I think I'd still more than struggle with AC - plus the fact that the Ravens aren't directly controllable will probably just bore me. I'll give it a bit of time to see if it can redeem itself, but I've already ordered Lumines in its place.

Hahaha.  I still count that game as one of my favourites of all time.

;)

Uh, as for why... well, I just don't think it'll be me.  My standard of Japanese has improved significantly recently but I think I'd still more than struggle with AC - plus the fact that the Ravens aren't directly controllable will probably just bore me.  I'll give it a bit of time to see if it can redeem itself, but I've already ordered Lumines in its place.

That is a fair point actually, and one I raised on Nexus' release. All the stats are described in kanji now (they used to be in English) making it impossible for somebody who is either non-Japanese literate or familiar with the previous games to have a fucking clue what is going on. On the upside, anyone who has played the US or Japanese version of Nexus (or if you are as super as me, you will have caned Ninebreaker in Japanese too) then you will be delighted to hear that Formula Front uses the same parts.

Oh, and the mecha are called "Armored Cores" (or ACs), hence the game's name. Ravens are the human pilots of the ACs and act as mercenaries.

But a pigeon couldn't afford a Gizmondo!

Oh, and the mecha are called "Armored Cores" (or ACs), hence the game's name. Ravens are the human pilots of the ACs and act as mercenaries.

Don't you control the human controlling the big stompy robot normally?

I don't think that your so stupid that you really thought that that's what I meant.

Of course people have been listening to music on the move for ages. I'm just pointing out that with iPod a lot more people do. That's what the machine did for music on the move.

I just read what you said.

And you are still wrong.

Do you honestlly believe that the people with ipods previously didn't listen to music on the move? They just moved to ipods from there previous format (in my case minidisc)

You are mental.

But that's off topic.

I still will be amazed if I see people playing the PSP or any handheld on the tube. No matter how cool they look or how great Ridge Racers is.

I'm killing you, with my mind.

Ah, so that's the inexplicable pain in my fingers. You're reaching across the internet to destroy me!

I don't think it's that. I think they don't play games in public because they just don't need/want to. Certainly not full blown console games. Hell even proper hardcore gamers hardly do it because its just as good to read the metro or the mirror or whatever and listen to some music when you are on the bus.

I must admit I haven't played a PSP yet or seen one apart from on the net - I still want one - but try selling it to my less gaming crazy mates - they just don't see the point at all. Not in the slightest bit. Play games on the train? WHY?. But they all have PS2s and previously playsations. Maybe the screen will sell it to them - as people keep saying. I doubt it.

I don't think it's that. I think they don't play games in public because they just don't need/want to. Certainly not full blown console games. Hell even proper hardcore gamers hardly do it because its just as good to read the metro or the mirror or whatever and listen to some music when you are on the bus.

I must admit I haven't played a PSP yet or seen one apart from on the net - I still want one - but try selling it to my less gaming crazy mates - they just don't see the point at all. Not in the slightest bit. Play games on the train? WHY?. But they all have PS2s and previously playsations. Maybe the screen will sell it to them - as people keep saying. I doubt it.

Actually, someone I know (whose game collection is Primal, FFX, Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness, and something else, and who has only completed Primal, ever) saw the PSP issue of Edge and suddenly became interested in the idea of handheld gaming, in particular the neat-o disks (for some reason). So it's certainly not a universal disdain for handheld games.

Play games on the train? WHY?

Theres so much wrong with that statement.

My train to uni is an hour, coming back, thats two in the day.

How the hell can you read the metro for 2 hours (usually lasts me 20 minutes max) and the only reason I read it in the first place is because I have fuck all to do on there anyway. If I cant be arsed to play a game, I can watch a film on the mem stick or some episodes of a show. Ive done it with my P900 and the time flies. Why do you think people read books, listen to music etc instead of just sit there.

BECAUSE THEY'RE REALLY BORED. PLAYING A GAME HELPS WITH THAT

You may think Im generalising with my experiences too much, but you are too on a greater level