Ds Battery Life & Sleep Mode

JPickford (retired mod)

Has anyone tested the battery life properly?

I just put mine to charge but I haven't seen a red light yet. I'd got at least 5 or 6 hours play and over 20 hours in sleep mode and the light was still on green.

Sleep mode is superb. Just close the DS and the game is frozen for you. Open to carry on where you left off. Perfect for a handheld you use on the bus.

That's excellent.

What's more in Mario 64 DS you hear are Mario "Bye Bye!" soundbyte, followed by a "It's a me, Mario!" when you open it up again.

Genious!

Anyway on my first charge my DS lasted somewhere between eight and nine hours I think.

sorry guys, just to ask as my DS is expected to arrive on monday. Will I have to charge it for the first time, and how nuch time will the charging process last?

I am not sure I would have enough patience to wait longer than 5 mintues to start playing! :)

I played it for a couple of hours when it arrived before charging. You can play it whilst charging anyway.

I'm impressed. Sleep mode seems to barely drain the battery I don't think I'll bother powering off when I'm actively playing a game.

One word of warning - Metroid Hunters doesn't pause when in Sleep mode, so pause the game THEN close the machine.

Think I've charged mine 3 times since I got it. The sleep mode is a software thing that closing the DS triggers. I can't see why anyone would not include it in a game though cos it's great.

Anyone else fire up pictochat in the vain hope of coming across another DS user? I've done that a few times at work now.

I`d say i got around 6 and a half hours (about an hour sleep mode) out of it before it red lighted and around 30 mins after the red light. On my 3rd charge now, been hammering mario 64 and just got feel the magic through which is very impressive, so it looks like i will be getting through another charge very quick.

Also does anyone know if the DS battery drains any quicker if it`s having to produce 3d graphics like mario 64 instead of a 2d mini game? Cause 90% of my DS time has been on the main adventure of mario64.

I actually timed it the first time, had a stop watch next to me and all. I was just curious, got 8h 32min before the red light. All of that was Mario, no sleep mode, GBA games or Metroid. So far I've charged it 3 times, I've found myself addicted to Mario all over again. Haven't touched any other games since I got it.

I remember on the SP I used get about an hour or more play when the red light game on, anyone test this out with the DS?