rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Rex Grossman

December Hip-hop Recommendations

I think 'The Future Is Now' should really be on that shortlist. Can't comment on a lot of the stuff though as I've not heard it. MM..Food deserves to be there, as does Ill Bill. I've not heard enough of the Murs CD yet.

Oh, and props for the links.

I think 'The Future Is Now' should really be on that shortlist. Can't comment on a lot of the stuff though as I've not heard it. MM..Food deserves to be there, as does Ill Bill. I've not heard enough of the Murs CD yet.

Oh, and props for the links.

The Future Is Now came out in the summer of 2002! <_<

The Future Is Now came out in the summer of 2002! <_<

Okay...

Audio CD (May 17, 2004)

But that's the Platinum Edition.

I only just got into this shit and I only just bought the CD this year.

Anyway, yeah.

Any of you lot going to be joining me and Cal in London for the Jesus Meet later this month?

Yeah man, that would be ill! I was trying to check out the details for it and stuff, but just keep seeing food thread, hardware thread etc ;)

I don't think Skinnyman should be on the shortlist, but that's probably because I think he'a a pikey cunt.

Easy...

What no Klashnekoff in the album of the year list?! Deserves a mention I reckon.

And what about Mudmowth Ben? Newcomer of the year for me!

Another album I've dug up again recently is Foreign Beggars' Asylum Speakers...think it came out at the end of last year so it's not for album of the year list but it is a damn good listen. Has it been mentioned here before? Anyway, I'd highly recommend it.

Also, the Skinnyman album is dope IMO. Even if he is a little rude boy runt, man can rhyme.

Whats this Jesus meet all about?

Yeah man, that would be ill! I was trying to check out the details for it and stuff, but just keep seeing food thread, hardware thread etc ;)

I don't think Skinnyman should be on the shortlist, but that's probably because I think he'a a pikey cunt.

It's at De Hems - a Belgian / Dutch bar just off ChinaTown in London and is on Sat 11th Dec. It costs a fiver.

Go here and send a PM if you want to go.

I havent heard all the albums in that list yet, so i better do some researh before i can comment too much.

In my top ten of the year, i'd have (not in this order):

MF Doom - MM.. Food

Beastie Boys - To The 5 Boroughs

Handsome Boy Modelling School - White People

Aspects - Mystery Theatre

I'll get back to you with the other 6 when i've thought about it.

Oi DM, you're too late! We've got a shortlist you melon, stop trying to complicate things! ;)

Right, we have got to cut this list down seriously. I really don't think Skinnyman is worthy of a place, neither is Masta Killa. As much as I loved the album, Yungun shouldn't be in top 10. Who agrees/disagrees?

EDIT: If I had to chop one more it would be either Murs or RJD2.

MF Doom - MM.. Food

Beastie Boys - To The 5 Boroughs

Handsome Boy Modelling School - White People

Aspects - Mystery Theatre

Aspects - Mystery Theatre. Forgot about that one. Yep that has to go into the top 10.

Unfortunately I haven't heard all of those albums yet. Definately getting my hands on the Yungun album but who knows when I will listen to the rest.

I'd drop Masta Killa, Talib Kweli, Beastie Boys and Skinnyman.

Well we've got to come to an agreement, so rather than everyone suggesting more albums let's try and agree on this.

I would go with dropping these four albums Ben.

I'd drop Skinnyman.

Didn't know you were the fighting type Isaacs?

I've put my name down for the Jesus meet, can't see us lot being able to keep up with Cal drink-wise though, him being from Haggis-land and all ;)

Whoa there people. At what point did anyone say it was the end of suggesting albums for the list? ;)

Half the people on here have yet to even suggest anything so its a bit much to say that the 14 at the top of the page are the only ones we are going with. If a better album is suggested then whats the problem with putting it in.?

Calm down Das! ;)

Anyway I'd drop Masta Killa, Yungun, Talib Kweli and The Roots.....only cause i haven't heard any of them.

Skinnyman stays......in my eyes. ;)

Not much UK hiphop love going on today is there. Aspects should be in the top 10. End of.

I've got high hopes for the Rugged Man CD though ain't got a hold of it yet. Q-Unique was good but probably not Top 10 material.

My favourite CDs this year have been The Future is Now and Return of the Drifter, and probably Rip the Jacker as well. All 2002/03.

ALL THE NOMINATIONS WERE DONE LAST MONTH YOU USELESS BUNCH OF RETARDS! DID YOU NOT SEE IT BEING DISCUSSED, LIKE A MILLION TIMES?! NO, YOU JUST HAD TO BE AWKWARD DIDN'T YOU. ;)

EDIT: ;)

Guest jabberwock1977

I don't think Skinnyman should be on the shortlist,

Agreed.. though for different reasons. Yup.. as someone says the man can rhyme but i find the album just grates after a while and those ongoing borstal samples are just too much (what are they from? Scum?).

Also it sounds like UK hip-hop about 5 years ago. Is it actually the album he had ready to go for Talking Loud before they folded?

Agreed.. though for different reasons. Yup.. as someone says the man can rhyme but i find the album just grates after a while and those ongoing borstal samples are just too much (what are they from? Scum?).

Also it sounds like UK hip-hop about 5 years ago. Is it actually the album he had ready to go for Talking Loud before they folded?

He doesn't know his vodka, but his Skinnyman comments are spot on.

Oh yeah, Heath and pt. Did you get your CD's yet? Ashmat got his yesterday, just checking Royal Mail aren't using them as coasters or anything.

IT'S TOO LATE FOR TOP 10 SUGGESTIONS!

EDIT: Wankers!

EDIT:  ;)

So due to me being away and busy including having to deal with the death of my Grandad, and missing most of the November thread due to this, I now cannot make any suggestions for this yeah? ;)

Who made you fat controller anyway?!!

Right then people, heres a suggestion. All nominations are still open until say the 15th December. Then everyone has to choose their top 5 and the final list is compiled sometime before christmas.

It makes no sense to close the nominations now while people are still suggesting stuff.

and Das, stop dictating! ;);) NO ONE said the end of the month is the last nominations.....did they? ;) If they did, fuck em! ;)

I think we are all capable of coming up with a top5 on say the 16th December and then we can work out who the winner is.

Fair enough??????????

So due to me being away and busy including having to deal with the death of my Grandad, and missing most of the November thread due to this, I now cannot make any suggestions for this yeah? ;)

Who made you fat controller anyway?!!

TTCPP8.jpg

That's the PHAT controller to you.

I feel bad now, sorry to hear about your Grandad. Mine's had 3 strokes he's clearly cheating somewhere.

Oh yeah, Heath and pt. Did you get your CD's yet? Ashmat got his yesterday, just checking Royal Mail aren't using them as coasters or anything.

Not yet. I'm expecting a couple of CDs from jrisgod as well - I'm hoping there will be a nice pile waiting for me when I get home.

I think we are all capable of coming up with a top5 on say the 16th December and then we can work out who the winner is.

Fair enough??????????

I don't know how happy Grandmaster Isaacs will be with this. Read his first post this month and you shall see his plan.