IGNORED

Pes Cup Results Thread

jrisgod

hobo (Inter) 4 - 0 Steev (Inter)

Didnt feel like a 4-0 though, if that makes sense. Loads of opportunities on both sides, really open game, lots of bad passing. Steev hit the post a couple of times at least. No lag reported which is good.

FC Tony 2-1 MadKiwi

(Liverpool - Ac Milan)

MadKiwi totally outclassed me in this game in which he racked up 10 shots on target and an impressive 7 corners. In contrast, I only had 3 shots on target including a goal from the penalty-spot.

Easily the best opponent that I've played on Live, yet I'm into the next round. I almost feel quilty for him.

frustrating match. i was relieved to score in 90th minute stoppage time, as up to that point i'd had 16 shots, 9 on target with no goals. and what seemed like a million corners (some seemed dubious even to me). there was a bit of lag, but after about the 10th minute i'd pretty much gotten used to it.

it's was a game of football in the truest sense. sometimes a team can just hold on, score against the run of play and win. shevchenko is going back to shooting school.

good luck to tony in the future rounds ...

(fc tony 2 - ac madkiwi 1)

Um, this sounds awfully familiar. Did a bit of a smash and grab on acidbearboy. No doubt he was much the better player. After the first 30 seconds I was thinking "just keep it below double figures!" :D

Beauty of the cup i suppose. :(

Hes not kidding!! I was watching it thinking "Man, this is gonna be funny, Carrera is gonna get such a kicking here"

Then after the first half, with it miraculously still just 1-0 I left the room. When I came back in I could hear Carrera apologising for scoring ;) Next thing I am in the cinema and I get a text from him saying he has just won in injury time!! :P

Dont worry, Acidbearboy, I have him in the league this week some point, his luck must surely run out ;)

ptwizzy 5 v 2 SpaceEric

Good enjoyable game. Lots of chances - it was far closer than the score shows. The wood work was struck a couple of times. In the end a penalty and goal out of nothing finished the game off, SpaceEric got a nice consolation goal towards the end. Thanks.

Siread (Tottenham) 3 Vs 1 Jrisgod (Newcastle)

Good game, I scored early on thanks to the decrepit Shearer and held out til half time. Kanoute then banged in a couple of beauts straight after half time and Siread gained a deserved victory.

Apologies for the connection problems, we got there in the end :lol:

Cheers for the tips too :lol:

Siread (Tottenham) 3 Vs 1 Jrisgod (Newcastle)

Good game, I scored early on thanks to the decrepit Shearer and held out til half time. Kanoute then banged in a couple of beauts straight after half time and Siread gained a deserved victory.

Apologies for the connection problems, we got there in the end :lol:

Cheers for the tips too :lol:

Yes, good game mate. Hope the lag wasn't too bad for you.

I thought when the game crashed that there was some sort of server patch being applied. Oh well, maybe next week...

Corky Romano (newcastle) 1 Ryanski (Real Madrid) 0.

Pretty much dominated by Corky, Shearer gave me loads of problems all match, everytime a ball was lobbed for him to chase + I tried to head it away, Shearer would outmuscle the defender so he couldn't head it, leaving Shearer free to run on to the ball. Casillas made some good saves. Tried my usual 6 or 7 crosses but only 1 found a head + that was way over.

Very smooth for me as the away side, so no complaints + the best team won.

Bah. :lol:

WhoFlungDung 1 (Corky)

Ballymena United F.C. 0 (Ryanski)

A goal from Shearer in the 1st half secured the win. I must admit, this was possibly the best I've played online so far + I must have caught Ryanski on an off night (thankfully!)

Still aren't scoring enough goals for my liking though, any tips would be appreciated :lol:

Sheffield Tuesday 1 (PSV Eindhoven) dangerboy

Vs Benito's Bananas 0 (Valencia C.F.) Benito

1-0. Close thing again. Valencia missed a sitter just after i'd scored, screwed wide when looked like it was a certainty. Could've gone either way, and all that. I was on the ropes for the last 10 minutes, and made good use of the 'clearance' button a few times! I was sweating for a bit .... but that's what the cups all about, no?!

Sheffield Tuesday 1 (PSV Eindhoven) dangerboy

Vs Benito's Bananas 0 (Valencia C.F.) Benito

1-0. Close thing again. Valencia missed a sitter just after i'd scored, screwed wide when looked like it was a certainty. Could've gone either way, and all that. I was on the ropes for the last 10 minutes, an made good use of the 'clearance' button a few times. I was sweating for a bit .... but that's what the cups all about, no?!

Yep, it was close and I too was sweating away!

To be honest I was just amazed to get the shot fo that sitter away! Had a bit of 'fast forward' lag at that point and ended up hammering the shoot button to try and get Angulo to shoot!!

Good luck next round ;)

Ruud Boys (themomentbefore) 2 Willy Wavers (Miner Willy) 2 - Ruud Boys won 5-4 on penalties

Great game - went 1-0 down and pulled back to 1-1. Went 2-1 down in ET and came back again. Narrowly won on penalties. I think we even had 16 shots a piece so really nothing in it. Pleased to report we had minimal lag problems.

Thanks for the game Willy - a pleasure.

Cheers.

Andy

Ruud Boys (themomentbefore) 2 Willy Wavers (Miner Willy) 2 - Ruud Boys won 5-4 on penalties

Great game - went 1-0 down and pulled back to 1-1. Went 2-1 down in ET and came back again. Narrowly won on penalties. I think we even had 16 shots a piece so really nothing in it. Pleased to report we had minimal lag problems.

Cheers.

Andy

I so wish we could watch these matches. A spectator mode would be ACE. Along with shouting ;)

Cheers.

Andy

Yeah, that was a really good game, thanks.

I'm just disappointed there wasn't even any lag to blame for my premature exit. :lol: