Possible Lag Fix

Links

Sorry lads. Offline now. Can't be bothered with this game anymore, until it's patched.

Chap on Evo-Web says he's had a reply from Konami...

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=18090

Sorry I was not able to reply to your email sooner, you sent the email to the department of Konami which produces arcade machines and I have only just received it.

We are aware of the numerous problems with XBox Live and are currently working on an automatic update for the game, which will be available very shortly.

As this is the first time PES has been on Xbox Live, we have had a few teething problems, luckily games connected to Xbox Live can be remedied easily via updates.

As I am not the producer of the game, I cannot explain why the game was released with these Xbox Live problems. I guess releasing it as soon as possible was better than making people wait, because at least people can play offline and get used the Xbox controls while we work hard it ironing out all the little bugs that have come to light.

As I mentioned earlier, the problems you highlighted in your email will all be solved very soon (at the latest within a few weeks). Then you can get back to playing the game as it should be played.

Once again, sorry for any inconvenience caused, we hope you will be able to enjoy PES4 online very soon! If you have any other convcerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

was a bit better than usual actually. still a bit of lag at the start but soon settled down and was perfectly playable - a notable change from last night where it was so bad it was making me feel sick.

only problem is, without the crowd noise it's a bit shit because there's no atmosphere. so i'll be turning the commentary off as well to see if that helps, and sticking some music on.

the impossibility of selecting manual player switching combined with appalling auto-switching which directly results in goals conceded = a far bigger problem than lag.

yes, as this is what will ultimately decide a game between two even players, whatever their skill level is.

the impossibility of selecting manual player switching combined with appalling auto-switching which directly results in goals conceded = a far bigger problem than lag.

Ah, so that's why my defending's gone to shit. I didn't realise they'd done that.

I'm afraid one word sums this up for me: shoddy. I always had a feeling Konami would do the bare minimum to get PES online, but I have to say they've really taken the piss with this. I wonder how much money MS threw their way to secure online play, and how they're feeling right now.

Didn't sound like that from the email.

They didn't even have to reply did they.

Oh come on, an email? What does that tell you REALLY?

Look at the evidence:

• The lag.
    The "no punishment for quitters" - this is just SO basic. They'd have had testers and everyone telling them this was wrong.
    The lack of real game stats for user teams.
    No stats viewable online, via Konami's website.
    Everyone autoswitches!

Are you REALLY telling me this is how they want the online side to be? Perhaps not from the Developers point of view (or, more specifically, those working on the game) at any rate. I'm sure they'd want it to be the best it could be.

To be honest I'd be happy if a massive patch fixed it. I'd be less pleased if I had to buy version 2/PES5 to get what we really deserve.

You know what some publishers are like with Xbox Live. EA, for example...

Oh come on, an email? What does that tell you REALLY?

They were replying to an email though.

I didn't know of any of the other stuff, I was just on about the lag. I guess I'm just too optimistic <_<

As for the lack of stuff on Konamis website - Bungie have spoilt you!

• The lag.
    The "no punishment for quitters" - this is just SO basic. They'd have had testers and everyone telling them this was wrong.
    The lack of real game stats for user teams.
    No stats viewable online, via Konami's website.
    Everyone autoswitches!

Also the poorly thought out replays system, and inability to change camera modes online.

Without wishing to get too miserable about it, I don't think there's much doubt that Konami could - and should - have done a lot more.

Bungie may have displayed an extreme level of devotion to the online experience, but Konami are absolutely at the other end of the scale.

Anyone had a "option file corrupted" error, lost all my edited data last night - after an hour dutifully updating the Spurs kits (to inc Kappa and Thomson logos) and player roster. Not to mention updating Man United and Arsenals Sponsors etc.

What worries me is, will this affect Master League, could I loose all my hard work as easily.

Sorry if this has been cleared up elswhere.

Also the poorly thought out replays system, and inability to change camera modes online.

Without wishing to get too miserable about it, I don't think there's much doubt that Konami could - and should - have done a lot more.

Bungie may have displayed an extreme level of devotion to the online experience, but Konami are absolutely at the other end of the scale.

I think you are looking at basic time scales. They have to port the game to the Xbox AND offer us everything we want, while also completing the PS2 version?

We might have had to wait anything upto 6 months perhaps (extreme worst case)...and of course they are going to be working on the next version now. Let's hope they get it right then...

Live play was only confirmed late on, no wonder it's not quite what we'd have had expected.

HOWEVER. I still fancy the Internal Dev team might have wanted to do more. But of course the game has to come out. They "can't" release PES4 Xbox and then a few months later churn out PES5 on PS2.

They "can't" because of their publishing arm.

Ah well it's just me speculating.

At least we DO have online play - the overriding problem is undeniably the lag though.

Anyone had a "option file corrupted" error, lost all my edited data last night - after an hour dutifully updating the Spurs kits (to inc Kappa and Thomson logos) and player roster. Not to mention updating Man United and Arsenals Sponsors etc.

What worries me is, will this affect Master League, could I loose all my hard work as easily.

Sorry if this has been cleared up elswhere.

Mine has corrupted twice, but you don't lose your master league save.