rllmuk
prankster101

An Essay For Edge And Games Tm

He keeps retweeting a bunch of inspirational Twitter posts. He doesn't seem to heed their advice though and keeps going back to his usual fuck CEX and nintendard posts straight after.

2 hours ago, Gambit said:

He keeps retweeting a bunch of inspirational Twitter posts. He doesn't seem to heed their advice though and keeps going back to his usual fuck CEX and nintendard posts straight after.

It all seems very odd. These 'inspirational' tweets all seem to be from what look like scam artists to me. Do people fall for this shit? 

Hopefully I haven't riled him up too much.

On 20/10/2019 at 22:18, Anne Summers said:

Forbes Contributor isn't open to anyone, you have to be a recognised person in the field you write about. 

Hold on, I know this is a few months back but what are the criteria for this? As an example none of their games people seem to be recognised games journalists or people who have worked at studios. So how are they recognisable?

2 hours ago, Broker said:

As an example none of their games people seem to be recognised games journalists or people who have worked at studios.

Cacophanus has worked at a bunch of studios and written for a bunch of games publications.

• Upvote 2

If nobody's going to reach out the guy in a helpful way, it does feel a bit like we're mocking someone who might be vulnerable. 

And a bit pointless.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, schmojo said:

If nobody's going to reach out the guy in a helpful way, it does feel a bit like we're mocking someone who might be vulnerable. 

And a bit pointless.

Probably right actually. Let's lock the thread? 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, why not. Although come on, I don't think it surprising that the forum is interested in a character that writes fanciful and critical articles about the forum as well as shoehorning further criticisms into articles on unrelated subjects - it's funny. Nine times out of ten the interest only flairs up when the latest tirade is written. Also, not 2005: lots of alt accounts, plenty recent. This thread started as one of those hilarious celebrations of a militant videogames warmonger personality (Stu Campbell! Cacky! Others!) but I think now he's 50 or thereabouts it's got a bit sadder, and less amusing.

We're not responsible for our more... 'invested' members, of course. Time for them to stopp.