Getting Games Through The Post.

The Gum Drop Kid

'Getting a game from a store can be very sensual too though ... Like last week: getting up, going to the mall at 9:00am, picking up a Limited Edition™ of Halo® 2, go to the clothing store next doors, get into the changing room, pull down pants and rub the cool metal of the tin against your testicles ...'

I do that too...except I use the womens lingerie instead of games.

I'm well used to getting games through the mail; both at home and work. Certainly saves on legwork and usually saves me some money, so that adds to the enjoyment. I've actually just ordered Paper Mario - will be looking for the 'shipped' email later on! :D

Got Halo 2 at 9.15am on the day of release (well done to the courier company!!) and as I was home could give that a spin pretty quickly. Nice when it all works to order.

The local net supplier I use (DVDCrave) have even come up trumps in unexpected ways. I ordered 4 games from them mid-afternoon on a Friday, just as ProEvo3 was released. Certainly didn't expect to see one of the guys walk thru the company door at 5.15pm with my stuff! Said he thought it might be nice if I could play them over the weekend - I think I called him a legend!

Of course, accidents do happen. You hear that magical thud on the door mat, your excitement spurts out of you. IT'S MY GAME !! IT'S MY GAME !!!

You rush to the door & find that the 'thud' was the latest Littlewoods catalogue for the missus... :rolleyes:

happens *so* often. I nearly destroyed one of my housemate's parcels the other day. It was airmail, and I was expecting something from play-asia, so I just tore into it and only stopped to question it when it turned out to be a GBA, which, while nice, wasn't at all what I had ordered.

happens *so* often. I nearly destroyed one of my housemate's parcels the other day. It was airmail, and I was expecting something from play-asia, so I just tore into it and only stopped to question it when it turned out to be a GBA, which, while nice, wasn't at all what I had ordered.

Haha I did something along those lines once. I'd bought a couple of things from the American Ebay, and low and behold two air mail packages turned up in a week or so, one of which was quite big. So I tore into the big one first to find it was was packaged in a shoe box stuck down with selotape. I cut through the tape, opened the box and found some nuts among other things. Feeling sheepish I checked the address on the wrapping and found it was for one of my foreign housemates :rolleyes:

Luckily the outer wrapping was pretty much intact, so I put the rubber band back arround it and sneaked it back downstairs :D

I tend to be a little more careful these days.

It is a damn good experience waiting for games to come in the post especially when you've got 2 or 3 on order and they all come 1 day after the other. Extra excitement. Oh and when it gets to the afternoon and you gave up hope ages ago of it coming that day, then you hear a thud go through the letter box, extra joy.

But what is annoying is when the postie has to knock and nobody's in and you come home to see the post van driving down the street. Turd. That'll be 4 hours before I can pick it up at the sorting office.

:lol: