IGNORED

Bread

fragglerock

I want to wake to the smell of freshly baked bread, as I cannot afford a cohort of slaves to do my bidding I am going to get a bread machine.

Does anyone have any clear feeling as to what I should look for, what is the difference between the £50 and the £150 ones, they all seem to have much the same features.

The main feature I am looking for is turn flour and water into bread, is there anything else I will miss if I don’t have?

We have one, they're fucking ace. I'm sure zy will hit me because it's not as rewarding as making your own and the price of flour has gone up, but they're convenient, quick, and produce very nice loaves. We have a Panasonic one (was £90 when we bought it) and it's been great. Came with a fairly large recipe book to get you going with all sorts of different loaves. Tonnes of settings and it seems rock solid. I wouldn't touch Morphy Richards or similar.

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/prod...lcode=PAN-SD253

There it is. It's spanking. The top grey bit is a flap you open up to put raisins and stuff in while it's mixing. Use the delay function to bake overnight and wake up to the smell of fresh bread. Now that's nice.

We have one, they're fucking ace. I'm sure zy will hit me because it's not as rewarding as making your own and the price of flour has gone up, but they're convenient, quick, and produce very nice loaves. We have a Panasonic one (was £90 when we bought it) and it's been great. Came with a fairly large recipe book to get you going with all sorts of different loaves. Tonnes of settings and it seems rock solid. I wouldn't touch Morphy Richards or similar.

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/prod...lcode=PAN-SD253

There it is. It's spanking. The top grey bit is a flap you open up to put raisins and stuff in while it's mixing. Use the delay function to bake overnight and wake up to the smell of fresh bread. Now that's nice.

pfft, we have had a morphy richards one for the past 4 years almost and it is still going strong.

The main difference in the price of bread machines is the size loaf that it will make. Most of the cheaper ones make a gnomish sized loaf whilst the big ones will make full sized ones.

something like, bear in mind this is off the top of my head.

make normal recipe for 1kg loaf of wholemeal bread and add

3/4 tsp cinnamon

6 cloves grounded up

1.5tsp ground ginger

1 large or 2 mediium carrots grated

4 softened prunes/figs finely chopped

thinking about it you could also grate some apple in it and/or a splash of orange juice, remembering to adjust the water