rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Venice Cull

Battlestar Galactica - American series viewers

Apparently you don't find out what's going on between the female Cylon and the scientist guy (I'm not well up on their names) until the last couple of episodes. Surely she isn't part of his imagination though? He seemed shocked when she told him to get a nuclear weapon.

Excellent show BTW.

Did anyone think she was part of his imagination?

Apparently you don't find out what's going on between the female Cylon and the scientist guy (I'm not well up on their names) until the last couple of episodes. Surely she isn't part of his imagination though? He seemed shocked when she told him to get a nuclear weapon.

Excellent show BTW.

The whole thing is madly ambiguous. I kind of like the theory that No.6 has put a chip in Baltar's head and that's how it's all happening. . . unless the idea of being responsible for the death of humanity has driven him mad enough to manifest 6 in his head.

It's the little things about this series - in the scene where Baltar asked for the nuke, rather than have things drag out ('forgetting' the detector until the last episode or something) a sense of urgency to the arc was given when Adama said words to the effect of 'Get on it immediately, you're the only one who can do this and we need it urgently'.

If the Galactica spent every week jumping about the galaxy it would wear thin so some static episodes are quite welcome.

Given that people get sucked out of the cockpits of planes when their canopy breaks, I hereby refute your claims.

Canopy with gaping hole - air rushing out quickly.

Small hole sealed shut - air not escaping or escaping very slowly.

Just because you have seen some movies with fat people getting sucked out a tiny window doesn't mean it actually happens either. How about a passenger jet with a huge section of the side ripped out and people surviving (except those who were attached to the section ripped off). That one really happened.

Yep. I've got to say that I've rarely been so emotionally connnected to Sci-fi.

Everything in the new BSG works so well. The FMV, the lead characters, the Cylons. I'm usually in tears by the end of each episode.

Does someone else want to explain to dismembo how the difference between zero and enough to breath without assistance is actually quite a lot? Because I'm not sure I'm getting through.

You're getting through okay, it's just that I think you're wrong, that's all. It's possible to breathe in very thin air, it's just difficult, like being puffed out or feeling like an asthma attack.

And says pretty much what I said earlier in the thread.

Letting Sky show it first is a huge mistake.

You're worrying about nothing. Everyone knows British people can't use PC's, they're too busy worrying about their poor teeth and "what's for tea". :o

They should've done a simaltaneous release on both sides of the pond. The only justification for which is it would've done less harm than releasing in Britain first, I suppose. That and we deserve to see something first for once.

EDIT: by that I mean at least at the same time as the Americans.

Argh, a courtroom episode. :o

The usual good standards wrapped up in an episode better suited to star trek or some such shite. Well, I suppose we were due a shit episode so roll on the next!

ooo, dunno. I love a good courtroom drama.

I also dug the fact that the "cats out of the bag" and so the paranoia can begin. The whole 'witch hunt' confirmed that the captain was right to keep the cylon/human pickle a secret.

I've still no idea what's going on down on Caprica.

ooo, dunno. I love a good courtroom drama.

I also dug the fact that the "cats out of the bag" and so the paranoia can begin. The whole 'witch hunt' confirmed that the captain was right to keep the cylon/human pickle a secret.

I've still no idea what's going on down on Caprica.

Agreed, I enjoyed it as well...

As for the Caprica stuff, I missed the beginning, did they explain why they had seperated? (I turned on when the cylons where watching him)

As for the Caprica stuff, I missed the beginning, did they explain why they had seperated? (I turned on when the cylons where watching him)

At the end of the last epsiode there was a bit of a scrap and Boomer went missing from that. He just presumed she'd been captured, hence going to look for her.

Agreed, I enjoyed it as well...

From what I can gather, there was never an original Boomer/Sharon - all instances of her are cylons.

Furthermore, the seperation continued on from last episode where they both got cornered by a cylon patrol.

Sure, the cat's out the bag but it'll be interesting to see if they use that.

Hopefullly this wasnt a taste of things to come. Character development is good but i want more cylon stories.

Eh? They just revealed to every last surviving human that the very people hell bent on wiping out the remainder of their race are living among them, could be their best friends, and are randomly setting off bombs on the vessels they live on with absolutely no means of stopping them.

Shmaracter development.

It was a good episode, but lacking actual space Cylons. Y'know that PR Cylon was trying to blow up Baltar's experiment, right? Well, isn't the nuclear warhead he requested in that area as well? Bye bye Galactica.

Also, that Seargent of Arms was taking liberties, man. And I think the Helo stuff is some kind of experiment on human character or something. I don't think they really need to worry about Caprican resistance.

also, why the hell was there a press conferance with multiple camera crews and journos... that was fucking stupid considering there are only 45000 humans left

Yeah, I thought they should pool their resources to make one radio-station or newspaper or whatever,

And why are the new fighters not affected by the Cylon jamming technology? I thought only the fighters of Adama's generation were able to resist that and there's only Adama's one that the Chief found at the start of the series. The rest are new.

And why are the new fighters not affected by the Cylon jamming technology? I thought only the fighters of Adama's generation were able to resist that and there's only Adama's one that the Chief found at the start of the series. The rest are new.

They modified the new fighters to have the same resistance as the old ones. I think that was in the pilot.

And I think the Helo stuff is some kind of experiment on human character or something. I don't think they really need to worry about Caprican resistance.

That's my thought as well.

I loved tonight's episode. Way better than the incredulity of last week's.