rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Venice Cull

Battlestar Galactica - American series viewers

You can't have too much Buffy...

In other news:

Fans hoping to see a second season of "Battlestar Galactica" from the Sci-Fi Channel may just get their wish.

Sources from SyFy Portal had reported that a pickup was almost guaranteed as long as ratings for the fourth episode -- "Act of Contrition" -- didn't plummet last Friday. The episode didn't plummet ... in fact, the ratings actually are up over the previous week's episode, "Bastille Day."

More here - http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=1709

o/\o

The ratings are going up, which is ACE! Dont they usually start high and then gradually fall untill they stabalise? :ph34r:

Yes. With lesser, crapper shows they do.

Just finished watching the final episode :lol:;)

TBH, I have had enough of cliffhanger endings for american TV shows, even when they are as good as BGs was

A truly fantastic show that is up there with my favourite Tv ever.

The ratings are up on the last episode, but have actually fallen since the season premiere. Only by 4%, mind, which is pretty much unheard of. Galactica is doing sterling work across the pond.

Aaron Douglas (Chief Tyrol) posted this on Media Boulevard:

I will probably get my hand slapped for this but I feel I must say something to my new found 'friends/fans'.

Usually I would never weigh in on someone reporting something unless it is about me and not true and I do not purport to know anything about a pick up. Whether it is or will be yes or no is NOT known to me and will NOT be known until they officially announce it.

What I would like to tell you here is that the date for the answer may or may NOT be this week. Don't freak out if we do not hear anything this week. I know it is fun but try not to speculate to the point of a stroke or call them names or jam the phone boards at Sci-fi.

The date I have for me to know professionally is not till the 18th of Feb.

So I would encourage everyone to understand that your answer may not and probably will not be made public until that date.

It is hard to wait. Beleive me I know. This is my life and not just a TV show to me.

I am encouraged by all of your support and the ratings but I understand that there are many many more things to take into consideration other than ratings.

So we wait. I will be at a convention in London on the 18th and I hope that it will be a day for celebration and I hope that some of you will be there to be happy with me and Jamie Bamber.

Take care all. Take a deep breath. Hopefull we will hear in the next couple of days but be prepared to wait....as patiently as you can.

The powers that be do have the best interest of the show, the actors, the fans and the network in mind. It is a matter of getting the ducks in a row and seeing if they can all walk together.

I trust them and I would encourage you all to do the same.

From talking to some of them they are big fans of the show as well.

Fingers crossed

Haha, I've been taping BG and giving them to a sci-fi fan friend of mine since they repeated the mini-series. He came back today after watching the last three eps and was in utter awe :unsure:

This is a guy who'd been doubting the series.

He even said it was making him forget Star Wars. Booyah!

Galacticastation.com is pretty damn sure a second season is confirmed. 13 eps again. God, I'll shit on their faces if it's lies.

More good news regarding the DVD release of the first series:

The British Board of Film Classification has rated what appears to be the first batch of extras for the DVD release of Battlestar Galactica (currently due 28 March in the UK.)The set will include 46 minutes of deleted scenes from 12 of the Season 1 episodes and the international opening credits.Ron Moore mentioned in his blog a few weeks ago that Water ran long by a whole act, it seems that the act has been added to the DVD. But the biggest batch by far is from Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part 1 with over 12 minutes of scenes being on the DVD.

Source: http://www.galacticastation.com/

It really, really, doesn't get any better than this.