Battlestar Galactica - American series viewers

He's pretty good in cameo appearances through a lot of episodes, especially as a charismatic foil to Rosslin, but there's not too many that focus completely on his deviousness.

He's full on Donald Trump campaigning in Colonial Day from S1. 

Then trying out some Trump border controls in A Disquiet Follows My Soul from S4

Staging a coup in The Oath from S4

Aftermath of the coup in Blood on The Scales from S4

Theres also a few fun episodes where he keeps trying to tempt Apollo to his way of thinking.

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

We're watching it at the moment. I've seen it when it originally aired but my other half hasn't. He's enjoying it a lot and I've warned him about the nosedive in quality later on. We're up to Pegasus tonight: can't wait to see his reaction to that. 

If you like the show then consider the boardgame. It's like being in your own episode of Galactica with everyone suspecting everyone of being a cylon all the while trying to keep the ship running, fighting off raiders and battling centurions. 

Yeah my work colleagues introduced me to the board game back in the day, it's ace. The players play co-operatively against the Cylons but one or more players can actually secretly be Cylons themselves. Then their job is for the other players to lose, which means acting very sneakily to try and get them to make bad decisions, and also choosing when to reveal themselves (usually in mighty acts of sabotage). Even better as the game goes on other people can also "discover" they are cylons so just like the show, you may end up being a good guy at the start and a bad guy by the end! Highly recommended, though you do need at least 4 people to get the most out of it due to the betrayal. 

Continuing a trend of starts podcasting about their old tv shows, a Battlestar Galactica has just started

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/blast-off-with-the-first-episode-of-our-new-podcast-battlestar-galacticast

We have commenced with Battlestar Galacticast, a new weekly deep-dive podcast hosted by Tricia Helfer (aka Number Six) and Marc Bernadin. Tricia and Marc will do an episode-by-episode rewatch of the Battlestar Galactica mini-series in its entirety — exploring, discussing, and debating the themes of the award-winning classic and revealing behind-the-scenes details that only a true BSG insider would know. From there, on to the first season!

On 10/12/2018 at 20:15, Flams said:

If you like the show then consider the boardgame. It's like being in your own episode of Galactica with everyone suspecting everyone of being a cylon all the while trying to keep the ship running, fighting off raiders and battling centurions. 

Then you go mental and start painting a wall really aggressively 

• 1 year later...

I tried watching this a couple of times a few years ago. I got into series 2 but wasn't really enjoying any of it, so gave up. 

It popped up on Google Play for £10 I think for the complete box set and thought it'd be rude not to and man, if it didn't click. I ended up binging the whole thing. The ending disappointed, I didn't like the whole final five thing, I never warmed to Starbuck and Fat Lee was bad, but overall it was just a superb series. 

It is such a great story, done so well (most of the time). Up there with the golden age stuff like Sopranos, The Wire etc. Criminally under valued back then. 

Have to say I'm most looking forward to watching it again in (I'm assuming) HD on a big screen instead of the low grade downloads on a laptop I had to suffer back in the dark ages.

Yes 

Yesssss

Yesssssssssssss

Excited to start this up again, looking forward to fat Lee Adama, drunk Saul and no more Mr Nice Gaius!

The board game is a firm favourite in my circle of friends despite most of them not having seen it. Hopefully they'll get in touch with all the in jokes me and one of the other players have. 

29 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

Gaeta is so young!

I watched the first 2 episodes of Away last night on Netflix, and I'm sure he appeared on that as a doctor. He looked much the same but older, with some gray hair spouting. 

Might not have been the same actor but it definitely looked like him. 

2 minutes ago, multi said:

I watched the first 2 episodes of Away last night on Netflix, and I'm sure he appeared on that as a doctor. He looked much the same but older, with some gray hair spouting. 

Might not have been the same actor but it definitely looked like him. 

He is in Away. I'd not realised at the time but now you point it out. He looks much older in it (maybe it's mostly be grey)