rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Venice Cull

Battlestar Galactica - American series viewers

The phrase "All this has happened before, and will happen again", does that mean the 150,000-years-later humans are all really part Cylon, since they'd be branching off from parents like Hera and other halflings?

Could we also then say, because all this has happened before, that every character we've seen is part Cylon anyway from how all this has gone down in previous generations?

And I saw The Plan, it was a good fix, nothing more.

The Mitochondrial Eve doesn't make any sense at all because the remaining colonists spread all over the world and were already of mixed ethnicities. It's just really stupid writing, as bad as Dan Brown taking random facts and adding whatever meaning he wants to for his story

Finally got around to watching Season 4 on DVD. Excellent stuff. Hope Caprica is as good.

So what would have been an aceptable way for her to have mysteriously vanished?

Her being a temporary physical manifestation of the being in Baltar's head testing him after he denounced the 'One True God' was a perfectly satisfactory (given the mythology of the show) answer. A damn sight better than that 'Allo 'Allo style farce with the wigs and hiding behind crates anyway.

as it is written, the fallen madonna with the big boobies shall lead them to earth... so say we all!

I'll save you the wondering - it isn't.

That's not really fair. It's a different beast entirely, and it looks like a slow burner. I've enjoyed it so far anyway.

Her being a temporary physical manifestation of the being in Baltar's head testing him after he denounced the 'One True God' was a perfectly satisfactory (given the mythology of the show) answer. A damn sight better than that 'Allo 'Allo style farce with the wigs and hiding behind crates anyway.

I'm sorry but what? A temporary physical manifestion of Head 6? Seriously? You think that would have been better?

Really? I mean, how could you have a physical representation of Head 6? That's pretty stupid.

I'll save you the wondering - it isn't.

You not enjoying it? I'm digging it. I especially liked where the cylon bit that bloke's finger off.

The thing was that head six was never actually explained that well. A "One True God" having a bit of fun with Baltar was ace.

The problem with the 'One True God' thing at the end was that that's all it was. Some overpowerful God putting everyone through the fucking ringer when he could have simply zapped everyone to New Earth in a millisecond.

The thing was that head six was never actually explained that well. A "One True God" having a bit of fun with Baltar was ace.

The problem with the 'One True God' thing at the end was that that's all it was. Some overpowerful God putting everyone through the fucking ringer when he could have simply zapped everyone to New Earth in a millisecond.

Indeed. And unlike Moore's other show, DS9, where they had God like beings, these were at least introduced in the premiere and were actual beings, albeit with extraordinary powers. And that story thread was developed across the entire series, unlike in BSG it really just coming into play to wrap up a few questions in the finale. The problem was we were all expecting really interest explanations, that God actually did it the whole way through was an explanation, just not a good one.

And I'm not sure they really even bothered to explain Starbuck's story which makes as it stands makes little to no sense in the context of the show.

Why do I keep coming back to this thread? All it does is remind me of what a monumental fuck up Ron & Co. made of BSG after the Exodus from New Caprica :o

I'm sorry but what? A temporary physical manifestion of Head 6? Seriously? You think that would have been better?

Really? I mean, how could you have a physical representation of Head 6? That's pretty stupid.

Yeah you're right, a physical manifestation of one of 'God's' messengers in the series, that would be fucking absurd!

vsdm3m.jpg

:o

Still good planning on the Cylon's behalf that she appeared at the exact moment that Head Six disappeared in that episode, after Baltar said he didn't believe in God, and then promptly vanished again after Head Six reappeared once he found faith, eh?

Yeah you're right, a physical manifestation of one of 'God's' messengers in the series, that would be fucking absurd!

vsdm3m.jpg

:o

Still good planning on the Cylon's behalf that she appeared at the exact moment that Head Six disappeared in that episode, after Baltar said he didn't believe in God, and then promptly vanished again after Head Six reappeared once he found faith, eh?

Starbuck being a manifestation of God, if that's what she was, was stupid as well.

And I thought the entire appearance of that 6 to accuse Baltar was Cavil's idea. I'm sure that whole bit is in The Plan, or am I misremembering it.

Starbuck being a manifestation of God, if that's what she was, was stupid as well.

In The Plan II we'll find out that when Lee turned round Starbuck actually ran off and hid behind a rock.

In The Plan II we'll find out that when Lee turned round Starbuck actually ran off and hid behind a rock.

To be honest, I'd rather that than her just disappearing. It was the one bit of the ending that left me disappointed.

To be honest, I'd rather that than her just disappearing. It was the one bit of the ending that left me disappointed.

Yeah. Poor Lee. Wife blows her brains out. Mistress turns out to be an Angel and disappears. And Father goes off to presumably top himself. And for an ex-President no less!

:)

Yeah. Poor Lee. Wife blows her brains out. Mistress turns out to be an Angel and disappears. And Father goes off to presumably top himself. And for an ex-President no less!

Worse still:

Lee's then forced to be Bradley Walsh's bitch in Law & Order UK.

There better be a .gif of Adama crying and painting a wall. There better be.

The greatest post of the thread:

Fuck you, Ron Moore.

That was, without a doubt, the dumbest piece of shit I have ever, ever watched.

It was all 'splosions and centurions beating each other up (with really bad CGI on the old-skool models), and LAMPKIN HAS A DOG OH SHIT and Kara being a FUCKING GHOST OR SOMETHING WE WON'T KNOW BECAUSE THE WRITERS DON'T KNOW THEMSELVES AND OH LOOK ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER BRINGS THEM TO ANOTHER EARTH AND OH SHIT THERE GOES STARBUCK DISAPPEARING AND FUCK ME WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK FUCKING FUCK PIGEON WAT IT WAS GOD ALL ALONG OH HO HE DOESN'T LIKE BEING CALLED THAT IS HE THE DEVIL BY ANY CHANCE LOL AND OH LOOK ROBOTS AND RON MOORE AND FUCK YOU YOU BEARDY CUNT.

On the other hand - I enjoyed the bits where my brain was expected to switch off and go pew pew pew.

Am I the only one who liked it, then?

And is that because I've only seen the Star Wars films once?

Oh, good. Another opportunity to say that the latter half of Season 3, and all of Season 4 (up to the point where I decided I really didn't care anymore) was a pile of shit.

Thank you, and good day.

I liked some of the end. Adama and the president, etc.

But the 'God did it' ending, while in keeping with what they've been saying all along, was a pretty unsatisfying ending.