Battlestar Galactica - American series viewers

Just close your eyes and wait for the drums to stop – it’s part of the BSG experience.

Heh. "The ritual."

I've been gradually watching this again over the last few months. I just watched the whole Kane/resurrection ship arc from season 2 and omfg I forget how good it is.

The end of Resurrection Ship Part 2 is just agonizingly brilliant. Baltar's conversation with the prisoner number 6 on Pegasus where he feeds her "head 6's" line about missing sports, word for word. Knowing what I know now it just makes so much sense. I was welling up. Then the climactic battle, seen from Lee's perspective drifting in space, and finally Starbuck not having to shoot Kane in the head.

This for me is the pinnacle.

The most striking thing I found about that episode was the way the battle was presented: no slow build-up; no rallying speeches beforehand - just Adama chatting to Athena about shit - and then you hear the turret turning, and see the shit hitting the fan. :D

Finally got round to watching The Plan. Highly amusing that an additional extended episode to shown that they did really have a plan - after claiming so for years in the intro - ends up not actually showing much of a plan.

I shouldmstop thinking about Galactica. It just gets me angry.

And yes, I closed my eyes too.

Are there any places around which are selling the whole series for bargain prices at the moment? Haven't seen it since series 2, and I've been getting the urge to start up again. Closest I've been seeing is picking up the series 1-4 boxset and then picking up the final season seperately, but if anyone's see it going for a song, that'd be lovely :)

I actually used to shut my eyes during the highlights reel so it wouldn't get spoiled. I tried shutting my eyes during series 4, but it just didn't work.

Also:

angry-painter-o.gif

Yeah I used to do this as well. The worst show ever for giving away key plot twists in the teaser was Robot Wars. Nothing like ruining the tension of a good fight already knowing which one ends up in the pit/flipped over the wall/washing machine dropped on top of it etc.

The best BSG boxset would include Seasons 1 and 2, and the first four episodes of Season 3. This could be finished off with a speech from Adama, saying that Ron & Co. acted like knobs after that, and so the entire cast has disowned the series beyond that point. Oh, and if someone could somehow create an awesome 3D space shooter for the PC that enables the player to shoot Cylon Raiders whilst weaving between highly detailed models of the "ragtag fugitive fleet", that would be the icing on the cake.

The best BSG boxset would include Seasons 1 and 2, and the first four episodes of Season 3. This could be finished off with a speech from Adama, saying that Ron & Co. acted like knobs after that, and so the entire cast has disowned the series beyond that point. Oh, and if someone could somehow create an awesome 3D space shooter for the PC that enables the player to shoot Cylon Raiders whilst weaving between highly detailed models of the "ragtag fugitive fleet", that would be the icing on the cake.

Beyond the Red Line not good enough?

• 3 weeks later...

Cylon War Prequel - 'Blood & Chrome' greenlit

Michael Taylor, a veteran of both Battlestar Galactica and Caprica, wrote the script to Blood & Chrome, which Ryan says will take place in the tenth year of the Cylon War, as recent Academy graduate Adama and a fellow rookie pilot take a female character on an important mission that could turn the tide of the war.

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/112/1129878p1.html

Hmm, sounds good but I'd much rather they focused on the Five and their story/reasons for their planet being destroyed than this. (yes, I know it was covered in the main series, but I'd like to see the events unfold and the different cylon models they uncovered when they found the planet.)

Hey, I like Caprica. (well, the parts with the Cylon) The rest is indeed awful. (at least they moved away from the head band world. Worst storyline ever?)

Cough.

The Cylon's currently boxed (literally), and the headband world is still very much in play. :P

I love it, but then I love Stargate Universe too so what do I know?

Cough.

The Cylon's currently boxed (literally), and the headband world is still very much in play. :P

I love it, but then I love Stargate Universe too so what do I know?

Hmm, conflicted. I want to know what happens but I absolutely loathe everything about the headband world. I suppose I can tolerate those scenes now that I know they are coming.

Thanks for the heads-up.