IGNORED

The Beer Thread

Professor Rob

On 28/01/2022 at 11:44, milko said:

I've had no reply to my email OR my Facebook Messenger message. And I've yet to get any notification of my referral link that Stopharage used either, hahaha. Good job I'm not drinking much lately.

Well, the beers have arrived so there's no reason why they shouldn't have sent it to you. The scoundrels. 

My lovely box of those turned up today too, 48 hours after ordering. This was with DPD though, so obviously I've dodged any DHL issues.

I used someone's voucher from here - well, my wife did, on a fresh account - but can't remember whose. Enjoy, whoever it was!

Here is my 50% off link for BBNO, if anyone else is tempted.

On 26/01/2022 at 16:04, Skull Commander said:

Despite all the horror stories I couldn't resist the BBno deal with 50 percent off. (thanks for the link). I'm not in a hurry for the beer so happy to wait as long as it appears, and if it doesn't I will go on another (all too regular) customer service crusade!

Here is mine http://brewbynumbers.refr.cc/craigsutherland

Turned up yesterday evening so more than happy with that :) My beer shelf hasn't looked this healthy for a while! 

BBNo finally replied to my email, just before I followed up yet again. Getting a replacement box (different beers since the ones I ordered are all gone now) via DPD and I suppose DHL Express won't be darkening their doors anytime soon going by the amount of fuss this must have caused them.

Since I'm getting that sorted I enquired about the missing code as well, might as well see if I can solve it all in one go, and then wait and see if DHL ever randomly show up with the original order for the full unlikely jackpot.

DPD due any minute now with the replacement and I do have my 50% code so nothing to complain about really, albeit it just missed the Tryanuary box going off sale so I’ve about 90 days validity on that to see if they put anything similarly good. 

and in fact dpd arrived just now, hooray. 

Anyone that has had their 50% off code used by someone else - how/when did you receive your corresponding discount? Mine was used about two weeks ago now and I haven't received an email with a code or anything.

Mine came through after a few days.

I've actually got 3 of them left and I'm unlikely to buy 3 packs of beer before the end of the month so if anyone wants a code post here and I'll PM you one.

5 hours ago, Gigga said:

I've actually got 3 of them left and I'm unlikely to buy 3 packs of beer before the end of the month so if anyone wants a code post here and I'll PM you one.

If they're going to waste otherwise, I'd appreciate one, mainly so that I don't need to try and extract mine from their customer services!

7 hours ago, Gigga said:

Thanks for the code. 

Looking forward to the Beers. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, El Spatula said:

Why is Hazy Jane now 5%?

Used to be 7.something IIRC?

Brewdog continuing their trend of all their beers getting thinner and more tasteless? In a few more years every last one of them will just look and taste like Carling! :lol:

You couldn't pay me to drink a Brewdog now, so free isn't enough.

In lighter news, I discovered a new brewery the other day that is fantastic:

image.thumb.png.d8b500a00dc0f381354fe049c30826f1.png

It's a micro brewery (literally one guy brewing 1000L at a time on a farm in Hertfordshire) and everything I've tried so far has been exceptional. The Shindig IPA is one of the best NEIPAs I have had in a while, but also the Cap Doffer Dunkel was truly exceptional.

Anyway, the beers are really competitively priced and I would liken this to a new SMOD: 

https://baronbrewing.co.uk/

Well worth checking out.

Cool, think I might try them out next and construct a nice mixed pack from their shop.  I've got way too many beers to put in an order right now though.

Hope they still have the dunkel available as that's a style that I really like that you don't see much of in the UK.  I'd like to include some of the 2.8% pale too but that's out of stock atm.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anybody get the early release of Chubbles from Cloudwater?

I got one, to arrive around the 16th, but I am worried it will be like Putty from Verdant and not live up to the hype.

I loved Putty the first time I got it, but it was the first fantastic DIPA I'd ever had - I got it again this year and it was totally underwhelming. Good, but the entire scene had moved on.

Wonder if Chubbles will feel the same.

9 hours ago, Isaac said:

I got one, to arrive around the 16th, but I am worried it will be like Putty from Verdant and not live up to the hype.

I loved Putty the first time I got it, but it was the first fantastic DIPA I'd ever had - I got it again this year and it was totally underwhelming. Good, but the entire scene had moved on.

I got the email and dithered on it a bit before deciding not to get it.  Just too expensive for me and I'm not really one for super hyped beers.

(I also have too many beers already stacked up in my kitchen AND I'm already planning on ordering the new triple mild that boxcar are releasing on Friday 🤣)

I don’t buy any Cloudwater beer after their shite brewdog supermarket cash in attempt.

There’s way too many great breweries around to support one that tried such a cynical release. 

Ordered some German beers for a change, mostly some Weizen, Doppelbocks and Dunkels only for DHL to use my parcel as a football or something and smashing a quarter of the bottles.  They at least repackaged it rather than delivering me a box soggy box full of broken glass but managed to do so in a pretty inept way and it was lucky that there weren't additional breakages when it arrived 😢.  Have got replacements coming now and it's not like I am short of beers to drink but fucking DHL, they deliver about 5% of the things I order but account for about 95% of the issues 😡

On 18/02/2022 at 09:19, Isaac said:

You couldn't pay me to drink a Brewdog now, so free isn't enough.

In lighter news, I discovered a new brewery the other day that is fantastic:

image.thumb.png.d8b500a00dc0f381354fe049c30826f1.png

It's a micro brewery (literally one guy brewing 1000L at a time on a farm in Hertfordshire) and everything I've tried so far has been exceptional. The Shindig IPA is one of the best NEIPAs I have had in a while, but also the Cap Doffer Dunkel was truly exceptional.

Anyway, the beers are really competitively priced and I would liken this to a new SMOD: 

https://baronbrewing.co.uk/

Well worth checking out.

I tried a few a while back after having my eye caught by the great packaging and they were pretty good bar the Goat Slayer DIPA which was awful.

A long way from being a new SMOD though as Dann & Martha have some proper brewing history behind them as well as a deep appreciation for  traditional styles which makes the resulting offbeat and highly personal twists on said styles almost unique in the UK. 

On 03/03/2022 at 00:19, Isaac said:

Yeah, I've always enjoyed Chubbles so went for them again. Not really sure we need so many variations but hype is hype I guess and I've no worry that they will all be of a decent enough standard. Plus, a special glass! Will try one at Unit 9 this week so time to cancel if it is a hot mess!

I thought this year's Putty was no better nor worse than most other Verdant DIPA's so of a decent quality but can't say I remember previous editions taste profile's enough to make direct comparisons as it seems many folk claim to be able to. I think you are right about other brewer's catching up - back when Putty was first released it was much, much rarer for UK brewers to get that close to the best of the US output so Putty felt like a real challenger to the hazy US hype beers that were much harder to come by on this side of the pond back then. It doesn't seem quite so special these days as there are tons of high quality NEIPA beers out there but my can was still very drinkable. I was told that it was pretty green when it hit the shops so left mine for 3 or 4 weeks...

Brew by numbers doing 50 percent off everything for a limited time with the code BBNO50

I have to say I wasn't too impressed with the quality of the discounted order I got last month overall, and if I had paid full price I would have been pretty miffed. The gose, pale ale and porter are "good" and everything else was okay but nothing special. None of the beers were outstanding and the Chocolate Orange stout had a hint of chocolate and no trace of orange. Far better beers available at that price point imo. 

You'll get far better customer service elsewhere too.

Case in point, my Beer Merchants delivery was partially smashed by DHL and arrived minus 25% of the items yesterday afternoon.  I sent them details and pics and they dispatched replacements late yesterday and due to arrive this afternoon.  With Brew by Numbers i'd still be waiting several more days for them to even answer the email 🤬