The Beer Thread

Professor Rob

p1000528u.th.jpg

A Pale Ale, from Australia? Too roight mate an' crikey, she's a beaut'.

Very nom, but could only get it from Selfridges at £2.20 a time although I blagged 5% off when buying 6 bottles. Recommended by a Kiwi lad I got chatting to at work, apparantly there's some very nice Kiwi brews and breweries, alas, unavailable here so he mentioned the above Oz tipple for me to try. Glad he did.

According to the label it's been imported through the Aspall cider people. Cheers Aspall cider folk ^_^

+1 for American beers.

Spent a week in Charlottesville VA in January and sampled so many nice local brews, all punctuated with shitloads of draft Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

OMFG teh hopocalypse!!!!!!!

This is also incredible, and my local Oddbins have been stocking it lately:

1387.jpg

Mate, the porter is indeed lovely, knocks your fucking socks off if I remember too, 8% that one, no?

Also, managed to get my hands on some Sierra Nevada Old Chico, a new limited edition brew only sold in Chico, where the brewery is based. Even bagged a beer mat. Wonderfully light, even lighter than their Pale Ale but wow it just went down SO good :wub:

Oh, and word of warning. Don't pour a Sierra Nevada beer into a glass with a Widget. Makes for a wasted beer. :doh:

desperados.gif

5855_235196035074_744210074_8381969_3830264_n.jpg

As you can see I absolutely love this stuff.

It is a refreshing and full bodied lager with the extra kick of Tequila flavouring. It is a 5.9% which comes in 330ml,650ml and 5 litre kegs

Might be worth noting that I haven't found a major supermarket that stocks them in London, although most independent offies sell it.

You can order it off This site too if you don't mind the shipping charge.

Edited by Matt Lav

desperados.gif

5855_235196035074_744210074_8381969_3830264_n.jpg

As you can see I absolutely love this stuff.

It is a refreshing and full bodied lager with the extra kick of Tequila flavouring. It is a 5.9% which comes in 330ml,650ml and 5 litre kegs

Might be worth noting that I haven't found a major supermarket that stocks them in London, although most independent offies sell it.

You can order it off This site too if you don't mind the shipping charge.

I've never tried it but they sell it everywhere in Italy. I always assumed it wasn't very nice.

• 1 month later...

I've seen it in a few places in London, more common than you would think. Anyway, desperado tastes like an alcopop. I'm really enjoying all the badger brewery beers at the moment, all so fruity...

I suppose I don't go out in London all that much. I'll trawl google a bit.

Leffe Blond and Leffe Bruin. Yummy, rich, alcoholic goodness

Quoted for truth. Although Leffe Radieuse beats them both.

Also: Hoegarden, Anastasia's Exile, Sneck Lifter and Marston's Whisky Beer make me smile. Nothing bad has ever come from the Harvey's brewery either (whereas I love Ascot Ales but am not entirely sure about Compass Point...)

Best beer ever was Ooze Booze which was from Harveys. When the river Oose (?) flooded they had a batch of beer that had extra long fermenting and was bottled as a special edition. That was very nice indeed and sadly unlikely to be ever repeated...

Seriously? I fucking love Jennings beer but that stuff is gash.

Hmm I've had it on draught a couple of times and loved it. Never had it bottled though could that be the issue?

Generally I like autumn colour beers with a lot of flavour. Sneck fitted that category pretty well (that said I've not had it for yonks, don't remember it badly though...)

Quoted for truth. Although Leffe Radieuse beats them both.

Also: Hoegarden, Anastasia's Exile, Sneck Lifter and Marston's Whisky Beer make me smile. Nothing bad has ever come from the Harvey's brewery either (whereas I love Ascot Ales but am not entirely sure about Compass Point...)

Best beer ever was Ooze Booze which was from Harveys. When the river Oose (?) flooded they had a batch of beer that had extra long fermenting and was bottled as a special edition. That was very nice indeed and sadly unlikely to be ever repeated...

Radieuse is really nice, but I can't find it anywhere.

1387.jpg

I have a bottle of this lined up for tonight and I'm looking forward to it.

I had Kernel brewery's c.s.c. IPA last night. Cracking stuff, at 7.1% with a quality dry and bitter finish. Quite American style. Highly recommended.

I'm off to the best real ale pub in town for a quiz tonight. Tradition dictates that I start off with a pint of London Pride, and usually Brewer's Gold figures heavily. Might try to stray off the beaten track tonight though, my boss isn't in work tomorrow. :eyebrows:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm off to the best real ale pub in town for a quiz tonight. Tradition dictates that I start off with a pint of London Pride, and usually Brewer's Gold figures heavily. Might try to stray off the beaten track tonight though, my boss isn't in work tomorrow. :eyebrows:

I really love Fuller's beers, don't think they make a duff one. I'm a fiend for Honey Dew (a 'top 3' beer for me); Discovery also ranks very high on the quaffable list.

• 2 weeks later...