The Beer Thread

Professor Rob

King cobra is an absolute delight, smooth and strong. Could not believe how good this was.

self01.jpg

Ok, amazingly I had my fisrt bottle of this on saturday! :(;):P This has to be one of the smoothest, most drinkable lagers I've ever had. Its 8%abv but goes down so easily I would imagine i could drink it all night. Its not heavy either, just genuinely gorgeous.

The best beer I have tasted in some time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Asahis is fucking bland tasteless fizzy shite that anyone sane person would never ever drink. It's only good for people with no taste buds, or people who can't stand the taste of beer.

The only thing going for it is that it is so dry, that it's good on a cold day.

Now Kirin Ichinban CLASSIC is where it's at!

And funny you should mention those two beers fatoy.japa as they are both sitting in my fridge now!

Asahis is fucking bland tasteless fizzy shite that anyone sane person would never ever drink. It's only good for people with no taste buds, or people who can't stand the taste of beer.

The only thing going for it is that it is so dry, that it's good on a cold day.

Now Kirin Ichinban CLASSIC is where it's at!

This.

And then THAT.

• 4 weeks later...

I've suddenly got into beers at the age of 25.

I've tried loads, and I've got a whole bunch of favourites (Leffe, some polish ones, various belgian fruit and wheat beers) but I think this is the best beer to have passed my lips:

dsc00208al5.jpg

It's delicious beyond words, with a complex flavour.

028kn3.jpg

<a href="http://www.bottledbeer.co.uk/index.html?beerid=440" target="_blank">http://www.bottledbeer.co.uk/index.html?beerid=440</a>

My local Tesco stocks it. If you have a Tesco near you buy some NOW.

I've suddenly got into beers at the age of 25.

I've tried loads, and I've got a whole bunch of favourites (Leffe, some polish ones, various belgian fruit and wheat beers) but I think this is the best beer to have passed my lips:

dsc00208al5.jpg

It's delicious beyond words, with a complex flavour.

028kn3.jpg

<a href="http://www.bottledbeer.co.uk/index.html?beerid=440" target="_blank">http://www.bottledbeer.co.uk/index.html?beerid=440</a>

My local Tesco stocks it. If you have a Tesco near you buy some NOW.

Start looking at english ales, they are cheaper and lots of them are better.

Better than Weihenstephan heffeweissbeer!?

Surely not.

I must stress that it is quite exceptionally tasty.

It's good. The beer nerd in me wants to point out that it's a Weizen and not a Lager, though.

Every beer fan owes it to themselves to visit Bamberg at least once. My brother is there this weekend, and I was just looking at flight prices to see if I could make an impromptu return visit, after going in May with the missus. Sadly, it's too pricey.

In supermarket terms, though, my money is on Pilsner Urquell as being the best you can get. I'd probably go as far as saying it's the best mass-produced lager I've tried.

Try Schneider Weisse - oddbins do it as well as some of the supermarkets.

Second vote for Schneider here - Hefe or Kristall, they're both excellent.

Some Tesco stores carry Korenwolf, a dutch Witbier in a blue bottle, with a picture of a hamster on it.  It's very good also, a bit sweeter than a German Weizen, as the Dutch brews often are.

I'm typing this sat in the Pembury Tavern in Hackney, London.  Am sampling a pint of Moravka, a Czech-style unpasteurised lager brewed in the peak district of all places.  It's excellent, but once my grub has arrived it'll be onto the ales that are on as part of the festival tonight.