IGNORED

Big Train

Mike1812

I lub Big Train, the office where they wank, the Artist formerly known as prince hunting jockeys in Africa, phat handed twat, selling like hot cakes.....

The fuckers never repeated it either, anyway, got it ordered. joyus!

If you look up 'hit or miss' in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of the cast of Big Train. I always thought it was weird that a sketch that was absolute comedy gold (like the father teaching his son to ride a bike sketch) rubbing shoulders with some punchline-less tedium (like the foxhunters annoying the firemen sketch).

I think a lot of the problem is that the sketches relied a bit too much on the performers- a lot of the skits contained no actual jokes whatsoever, just an initial surreal setup which was allowed to play out for a couple of minutes before finishing with a surreal, non-sequitur punchline. Which to my mind, is a slightly lazy approach. Sometimes this worked (the two men dressed as animals, having a fight outside the pub), sometimes it didn't (I really disliked the Ming the Merciless sketches).

If you look up 'hit or miss' in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of the cast of Big Train. I always thought it was weird that a sketch that was absolute comedy gold (like the father teaching his son to ride a bike sketch) rubbing shoulders with some punchline-less tedium (like the foxhunters annoying the firemen sketch).

I think a lot of the problem is that the sketches relied a bit too much on the performers- a lot of the skits contained no actual jokes whatsoever, just an initial surreal setup which was allowed to play out for a couple of minutes before finishing with a surreal, non-sequitur punchline. Which to my mind, is a slightly lazy approach. Sometimes this worked (the two men dressed as animals, having a fight outside the pub), sometimes it didn't (I really disliked the Ming the Merciless sketches).

It was all in the acting. They were all way too sincere. Like a drama group at school trying too hard.

The sketch with Kevin Eldon as Dr Jekyll, drinking his infernal potion, contorting his face for ages then finally announcing "very tart!", still has me laughing to this day.

Yes I'd forgotten that, but it just gave me a big giggle.