Ooh, The Bitterness!

Jools

The bitterness of those who have to wait to play the game on these boards is amazing! The sheer spite in the language used is amazing. Maybe you don't think its moral, maybe you don't want it spoiled for yourself. Either way, you could just choose not to read these threads and your enjoyment of the game wouldn't be changed at all come release day.

Calm down people!

-Jools

maybe because a lot of people that have bb and a chipped xbox chose to wait another three measly weeks to play it properly i guess

i usually have nothing against downloading (er i was one of the burnout 3 and fable guys, i bought both though later), neither does my torrentstorm, but this time i held out

HALO 2 is teh special and you know it mate ;)

I don't get it... people REALLY want to play a game... game becomes available to play... people play it.

It's bound to happen, right? I see nothing wrong with that either. 99.9% are buying it anyway.

I would if I was a big enough GEEK to have my Xbox chipped. Bastards.

I'm dissapointed that people can't wait another few weeks, since we've been waiting a couple of years.

Open question to all the 'Wait until the 11th Nov' people -

If the place you pre-ordered it from offered it to you now you'd say 'No thanks, I'll wait until the official release date' would you?

I'm just annoyed because I was looking forward to discussing it and finding out about it along with everyone else. However, I'm not prepared to download it for that reason as about 10 of my mates have the 11th off and we are planning to play through and discover the multiplayer ourselves, at the same time- that'll be worth waiting for. I didn't want to spoil that. I'm just disappointed that I won't be able to enjoy and discover it with people on this board whose opinions I trust and value. So, in answer to your question Hitcher, based on these reasons, I would say no.

Open question to all the 'Wait until the 11th Nov' people -

If the place you pre-ordered it from offered it to you now you'd say 'No thanks, I'll wait until the official release date' would you?

No - probably not - as long it was the proper finished game, in a box, with the manual etc

I don't think that's hypocritical either. I just want the full, finished game (hopefully with no texture glitches etc) in my hand with a pic of Master Chief on the box with two guns and his nob out. Then I'll be happy

I don't think there would, no. I think there'd be lots of people saying 'oooh ya lucky bugger' or whatever if they'd happened to win an early copy or go to a pre-launch party and got given a freebie. We'd just be jealous but still wish it was us that got the freebie. The leak isn't the same thing. People feel a bit cheated and left out because, well, they have.

It's the difference between someone stopping you in the street and saying 'Pssst wanna buy a chopper bike for 5p?' or waiting months till Christmas, finding nothing bike-shaped under the tree, and then being told by your parents to go and get another box of lemonade from the garage and find your chopper bike there all wrapped up with a big bow on top and then going out on Boxing Day with all your other mates who've been bought choppers too.

It's the whole experience that's been a bit fucked up. I'm not going to get out of my pram about it though - it's just a shame

That's a bit naive, it was always going to be leaked at some point.

Perhaps so, but a whole month early? Many who have succumbed might have been able to resist if it had only been a week.

And, far from being naive, I'm extremely cynical which is why my universe hasn't been torn asunder by this particular episode