IGNORED

BioShock

Judas

Er..... its a PC game too you know, with probably its biggest fan base coming from PC gamers or 360 owners that also play (or used to play) PC FPS's.

I'll wager that it'll sell more on 360 than PC.

Now whether more PC gamers play it is another matter entirely... :(

if a good marketing campaign will be unleashed in September (not in August because everyone will be on holiday...) then I suppose the game will hit 500.000 copies in a month or two, worlwide, both PC and Xbox 360. After all it is the first big title after the (supposed) summer drought, and lots of gamers will be eager to buy a game that will obnubilate the grim return to work/school/everyday average life...

Let rapture capture you! :(

if a good marketing campaign will be unleashed in September (not in August because everyone will be on holiday...) then I suppose the game will hit 500.000 copies in a month or two, worlwide, both PC and Xbox 360. After all it is the first big title after the (supposed) summer drought, and lots of gamers will be eager to buy a game that will obnubilate the grim return to work/school/everyday average life...

Let rapture capture you! :(

what's the point in advertising it in september just as halo 3's about to dominate? they should be advertising now.

Pre-order, (from Play), cancelled. They posted some stuff to me 31 July and it only turned up today! Buggered if I'm waiting a week after release to play this, especially as it's coming out on a bank holiday.

I reckon I'll be off to Morrisons on the 24th.

As Everyone is excited, I have it on order at game.net and never played System shock and seen the video and it doesn't seem to be clear to me what it is about. It got rave reviews.

So why it is exciting game for you. Just like to know. Will this be Chaos Engine 2 in FPS for XBOX 360.

Yeah, I've tried to keep up and I know it looks good but I'm worried it's got RPG elements when I prefer a straight shooter. I assume that all the extra skills are just like new weapons, yes? I don't like upgrading stuff manually etc. and so want to love this. I just want to sit back, kill some shit and enjoy the riiide.

Yeah, I've tried to keep up and I know it looks good but I'm worried it's got RPG elements when I prefer a straight shooter. I assume that all the extra skills are just like new weapons, yes? I don't like upgrading stuff manually etc. and so want to love this. I just want to sit back, kill some shit and enjoy the riiide.

Let me ask you a quesiton then: did you like Prey?

Let me ask you a quesiton then: did you like Prey?

I did actually, quite a bit. Easily ignored the negativity in review/forum response. Picked it up cheap (play-asia) and had a blast. Didn't quite finish it, not really through boredom, more time issues. Interested to hear where this is going :( .

Plenty of straight shooters out there already. Bring on the RPG elements!

Hehe, I hear that. That's why I'm asking, bro :o . I'm not an 'RPG' fan, as such, but it's looking too good to ignore.

Plenty of straight shooters out there already. Bring on the RPG elements!
I did actually, quite a bit. Easily ignored the negativity in review/forum response. Picked it up cheap (play-asia) and had a blast. Didn't quite finish it, not really through boredom, more time issues. Interested to hear where this is going :( .

Hehe, I hear that. That's why I'm asking, bro :P . I'm not an 'RPG' fan, as such, but it's looking too good to ignore.

The game has no RPG elements, as has been stated a fair few times through this thread. You unlock new 'abilities' as you go though. It's up to you wether or not you get all the abilities or not, you certainly don't need them ALL to complete the game, since they're not all mandatory.

But if you liked Prey.. These may not be the droids you're looking for. Move along.

:o

The game has no RPG elements

Yay.

as has been stated a fair few times through this thread.

We can't all read every thread cover to cover ;) .

You unlock new 'abilities' as you go though. It's up to you wether or not you get all the abilities or not, you certainly don't need them ALL to complete the game, since they're not all mandatory.

Yay.

But if you liked Prey.. These may not be the robots you're looking for. Move along.

;)

I think I'll buy it all the same :P .

Cheers, dood ;) .

It's probably been said a million times already in the thread but if anyone is in central London have a look in Game on Oxford Street - lifesize Big Daddy!

There was one in the Coventry Blockbuster games section too. It's huge!

On the 2k website it says, and I quote:

"BioShock is a revolution in the shooter genre that will forever change the expectations for the FPS."

Talk about mugging yourself.

This worries me. We haven't seen anything from this game that is revolutionary. Or have we?

Still my most wanted game at the mo tho.

"BioShock is a revolution in the shooter genre that will forever change the expectations for the FPS."

This worries me. We haven't seen anything from this game that is revolutionary. Or have we?

Well, the person I know who has played it says: "it's the best game I've played for a long, long time.". And coming from him, that's as good as recommendation any game could get ;)

I'm ultra hyped. NOT LONG NOW ;)

It's probably been said a million times already in the thread but if anyone is in central London have a look in Game on Oxford Street - lifesize Big Daddy!

I'm working just up the road from Oxford St at the mo - what do you reckon my chances of nicking it at lunchtime are ;)

Well, the person I know who has played it says: "it's the best game I've played for a long, long time.". And coming from him, that's as good as recommendation any game could get ;)

I'm ultra hyped. NOT LONG NOW ;)

Get in...

Hope it does the business, certainly the characters and atmosphere look spot on. I'm not a fan of augmentation and gradual upgrades, I think that's my main turn off.

But we shall see. I share scottcr's worry that it won't sell too much (a la Stranger's Wrath) but those big daddy's in the Game store would suggest they are prepared to give it a nice push from the maketing dept.

Yeah. I'm excited.

Ok I am definitely getting this as soon as it is released.

I don't have a 360, but was thinking about getting one to play this (and for the rest of the good stuff that is being released this year).

It would be the most practical option as I could then play in my living room on my big 37" LCD screen.

Question - Will it play ok using a pad? (I've only ever played these things on PC with mouse / keyboard, bar a lot of Halo round at a mates house)

Or should I bite the bullet and buy a new PC to play this on...?

In Birmingham Gamestation.. it's taller than me

img2111xm2.jpg

Ok I am definitely getting this as soon as it is released.

I don't have a 360, but was thinking about getting one to play this (and for the rest of the good stuff that is being released this year).

It would be the most practical option as I could then play in my living room on my big 37" LCD screen.

Question - Will it play ok using a pad? (I've only ever played these things on PC with mouse / keyboard, bar a lot of Halo round at a mates house)

Or should I bite the bullet and buy a new PC to play this on...?

FPS games are excellent on a pad.

The pad controls are fine. It's not the kind of game where pinpoint aiming is required.

Plus, playing on a 37" TV > whatever PC monitor you have, surely.

A "true" revolution of the genre is pretty much impossible with our current technology. However, I do think tat Bioshock stands a very good chance of raising the bar through the roof.

A "true" revolution of the genre is pretty much impossible with our current technology. However, I do think tat Bioshock stands a very good chance of raising the bar through the roof.

A true revolution will never happen as long as devs have to pander to the American teen shooter. It's a shame they can't free themselves from this and fly.

A true revolution will never happen as long as devs have to pander to the American teen shooter. It's a shame they can't free themselves from this and fly.

Bioshock looks anything but an "American teen shooter" game. In fact, according to PC Gamer its the most genuinely mature game they've ever played!