The Watchtower - A thread for all comics

@Arn IronjawIronjaw if you liked those Immortal Hulk one-shots, I would also recommend checking out the Defenders: Best Defense mini-series which features Immortal Hulk written by Ewing. Available in collected paperback form.  If I recall correctly it takes place around Immortal Hulk issue 6 or 7.

And also Absolute Carnage: Immortal Hulk. You can ignore the rest of Absolute Carnage, but do check out the Immortal Hulk issue. It's again written by Ewing himself and features all the Hulk personas arguing inside Banner's mindscape about what to do about their guest: a venom symbiote. Wonderful character moments for all the Hulk personas. From memory it takes place around IH issue 21.

There's also an Immortal Hulk/Spider-Man one-shot floating around but that one is terrible, waste of time.

5 hours ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

No way, i remember Alan coming into the shop genuinely saddened by his death and saying what a nice guy he was.

I'm on the verge of googling but i know i shouldent. 

Ok so he wasn’t a nonce btw. 

28 minutes ago, SeanR said:

You know, I had hoped that immortal hulk was a stand-alone series, in that the 50-issues would contain the entire book. 

now you’re telling me it’s got more cross overs than civil war 2!?!

It's completely standalone. There are a few separate one-shots featuring the character that aren't related to or necessary for the main 50 issue series. And the main 50 issue series has no crossovers at all, those 50 issues do indeed contain the entire series with zero references to crossovers or the like. I hope that clears up your immortal confusion :)

46 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

It's completely standalone. There are a few separate one-shots featuring the character that aren't related to or necessary for the main 50 issue series. And the main 50 issue series has no crossovers at all, those 50 issues do indeed contain the entire series with zero references to crossovers or the like. I hope that clears up your immortal confusion :)

Gimme a bloody Omnibus Marvel so I can dive in. 

10 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Gimme a bloody Omnibus Marvel so I can dive in. 

Well, we're only up to issue 37 out of 50. I'm sure they're writing and drawing as fast as they can :D

that's another thing which makes this so great: unlike most hyped up relaunches in Marvel comics, Immortal Hulk has a writer-artist team who actually want to stick around for more than 4 to 6 issues. A writer with a clear plan for an epic story with a proper ending and an artist who not only fits his writing perfectly, but who's also in it for the entire run. You don't see that often nowadays.

I bought all individual issues of Immortal Hulk digitally on Comixology. I'm also buying the 5 issue softcover paperbacks. And the 10 issue hardcover paperbacks which are much MUCH nicer. And I'll inevitably buy the massive 50 issue deluxe omni because I'm a total sucker for brilliant Hulk stories :wub:

Buy that bundle for Die, seriously it's fucking great!

Hans is a fucking credit to that book her art is phenomenal!

I picked up the RPG stuff they did for the comic even though ill never play it because i have no-one to play it with because that's how much i love the universe they've created. 

2 minutes ago, Flub said:

I just read the first volume of Die. Holy shit that's good.

Ain't it!

Deffo one of my favourite books, i had to stop the floppies after one of my comics got trashed in the post and then i couldn't get a first printing, so I'm doing it digital and trades it just that good to read. 

18 hours ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

These solo Hulk books are great, i really liked Lemire's one-shot today a simple but effect horror tale.

I have now pre-ordered the Christmas one-shot too on the back of his and the She-Hulk one. 

I'm not sure how i feel about the new Contest Of Champions sorry i mean Sword Of X, i think i like the idea of it but in the same breath it's all very silly and no way on fucking gods green earth am i buying 22 books so i will be reading the parts i collect only.

Annoyed X-Factor was part of it as i wanted some more of my boy Adam-X.

I look forward to someone on Reddit breaking it all down for me so i don't miss too much from the books.

Saying that with this industry i should just hedge my bets at who's going to come out as a paedo so i end up dropping the line completely.. 

I'm using this guy to catch up on the comics I don't read. Even though he's American, he's not brash or annoyingly hyper.

2 hours ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

Ain't it!

Deffo one of my favourite books, i had to stop the floppies after one of my comics got trashed in the post and then i couldn't get a first printing, so I'm doing it digital and trades it just that good to read. 

Is it finished yet or still ongoing? It seems like a title that could easily do high double figures without getting dull

11 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

I have vol 4 of the original run on its way, I may get to that book around 2025.

Delano's run is some of my fave comics. Wish DC hadn't DC'd and released Omnis in run order. Rather than just the Ennis Omni. 

7 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Delano's run is some of my fave comics. Wish DC hadn't DC'd and released Omnis in run order. Rather than just the Ennis Omni. 

I know but it would take about 9 omnis to complete the entire series and DC would just end up cancelling them after the second or third.

22 minutes ago, kittygotwet said:

Anyone in here a fan of Judge Dredd ?  I've just watched the film again and in my 30 odd years of reading comics I've never read anything Judge Dredd/2000 AD so I'm looking for some recommendations please 

I got the Dredd case files on my ipad for a LOW price on Humble Bundle recently. Keep an eye out for that again?

Is this a misprice?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Absolute-Swamp-Thing-Alan-Moore/dp/1779502826/ref=asc_df_1779502826/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=430829594127&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5019584769246954471&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006988&hvtargid=pla-918946188848&psc=1&th=1&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=101598703818&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=430829594127&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5019584769246954471&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006988&hvtargid=pla-918946188848

3 minutes ago, DC said:

It is indeed but they will honour it, I have already pre-ordered my copy.

They often do this to be honest I managed to get the Absolute Wildcats for about the same price a few years back and that book had an even higher RRP.

9 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

It is indeed but they will honour it, I have already pre-ordered my copy.

They often do this to be honest I managed to get the Absolute Wildcats for about the same price a few years back and that book had an even higher RRP.

Thanks. I don’t have vol 1 and can see they’re reprinting it. We’re there issues with the first run? Anyone here used A Great Read to order books before?

Some 1st printings had issues. With the binding. Mines ok so far but only read it the once. 

I've had vol 2 pre-ordered for months and I'm not sure it's a misprice cos it's been that low price for months.  Don't think Amazon wouldn't notice for that amount of time tbh.