The Watchtower - A thread for all comics

2 hours ago, yakumo said:

Anyone miss old Nick Fury?, reading the old Steranko series again but wish he appear again as a regular. 

I do and i don't when he's written well (Hickman) he's great but outside that people just write him as a washed out old spy. 

Has anyone on here read Lone wolf and cub ? I finished the 1st omnibus last night  and was blown away by it.Can't find the 2nd volume anywhere to buy now though unfortunately,seems Dark Horse have a reputation for not keeping amazing books in print.

3 minutes ago, kittygotwet said:

Has anyone on here read Lone wolf and cub ? I finished the 1st omnibus last night  and was blown away by it.Can't find the 2nd volume anywhere to buy now though unfortunately,seems Dark Horse have a reputation for not keeping amazing books in print.

You can get them digital at Comixology if you have the means.

53 minutes ago, kittygotwet said:

I have all the original little books and 27 (of 28) was LOADS harder to get than any other volume in print. Amazing story though, loved it.

Been ploughing through some Dawn of X stuff after loving House/Power of X.

None of it holds a candle to it really though, even X-Men. Reminds me of when Alan Moore finished Swamp thing followed by the fun but not in the same league next guy.

Marauders is entertaining, X-Men is ok so far and Excalibur is bonkers teenie fiction. All fine, but just fine. Still, House/Power did it's job I guess.

4 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Not giving Dynamite any of my money anymore and I hope Ennis can take The Boys elsewhere.

Grim isn't it? I saw Mark Russell has just finished the last of his Red Sonja run, and says he won't be dealing with them any more. It's a shame, as there's been some stuff I've really enjoyed from there in the last few years. I also love The Shadow, so that's grinding my gears extra hard.

15 hours ago, Flub said:

I'm surprised Dynamite haven't put out a response yet (That I've seen). Surely they won't choose Comicsgate as a hill to die on of all things.

They cancelled a variant cover but other than that...?

19 hours ago, Flub said:

I'm surprised Dynamite haven't put out a response yet (That I've seen). Surely they won't choose Comicsgate as a hill to die on of all things.

3 hours ago, footle said:

They cancelled a variant cover but other than that...?

They said "uh oh we didn't realize this cover would cause so much controversy! So we talked about it with the guy and together decided not to do it". i.e. they tried to downplay the controversy and prevent creators from leaving while at the same time winking towards the comicsgaters that they're still on their side. It's incredibly fucked.

I gave up on Captain America in the 90s (Probably should have done so earlier. Dull comic all around) and completed the full run of West Coast Avengers which was fine. Now I'm trying to decide what to read next on Marvel U

Any suggestions? The longer the run the better but short is also fine. Don't worry if I've read it before. I'd be here all day typing. Just throw suggestions at me. Any good Thor runs?

28 minutes ago, Flub said:

I gave up on Captain America in the 90s (Probably should have done so earlier. Dull comic all around) and completed the full run of West Coast Avengers which was fine. Now I'm trying to decide what to read next on Marvel U

Any suggestions? The longer the run the better but short is also fine. Don't worry if I've read it before. I'd be here all day typing. Just throw suggestions at me. Any good Thor runs?

Daredevil!

Roger McKenzie -> Frank Miller (original run and Born Again) -> Ann Nocenti -> (I haven't read D. G. Chichester's '90s run) -> Kevin Smith -> David Mack -> Brian Michael Bendis -> Ed Brubaker -> (I haven't read Andy Diggle's run but a lot of people recommend skipping it) -> Mark Waid -> Charles Soule -> Chip Zdarsky

Daredevil has always been one of those Marvel heroes I've had no interest in but I thought the same about Thor until I read it recently. I'll add Daredevil to my list. I've just been reading some Wolverine stuff from the late 80s.

Anyone reading Empyre? I was tempted to start getting it but it seems really spread out with one-offs here and there. The Hulking book really tempted me, but the price of getting everything up to now put me off. 

Wait for the collected version? Or worth getting asap?

Was flicking the 90s* 4-shot DC vs Marvel yesterday. Issue one is well weird, the last couple of pages are “here are some team-up ideas”, as if there was continuity in their own titles, and by book 4 they’re Amalgams.

i need to re-read it. Maybe I missed something

* you can tell it’s the 90s, because Superboy (Kon-El) Is surrounded by women in high-waisted thong bikinis, it was an actual thing.

On 20/07/2020 at 18:37, Flub said:

I got a whiff of Comicsgate on a comics group I’m in. Some bloke was whining about hating Marvel’s woke agenda in relation to Captain America.

Fucking moron oblivious that Captain America has been Anti-fa for about 75 years.

2 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

I got a whiff of Comicsgate on a comics group I’m in. Some bloke was whining about hating Marvel’s woke agenda in relation to Captain America.

Fucking moron oblivious that Captain America has been Anti-fa for about 75 years.

Dude punched Hitler for fucks sake.

2 hours ago, AK Bell said:

Anyone reading Empyre? I was tempted to start getting it but it seems really spread out with one-offs here and there. The Hulking book really tempted me, but the price of getting everything up to now put me off. 

Wait for the collected version? Or worth getting asap?

It's upto you i've stupidly done all the issues so far and i have regrets already.

The hulkling one-shot is ok and is more about how things effect Hulkling & Wiccan, and has a really nice little secret plot point hidden in there. 

The one i really liked the most so far was the X-Men title, and i wont say anything incase you decide to buy it but that will be the book i keep buying as it was aces in my opinion.

My pull list is really weak these days:-

Dark Knights Metal.

Empyre X-Men.

Fire Power.

10 minutes ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

The one i really liked the most so far was the X-Men title, and i wont say anything incase you decide to buy it but that will be the book i keep buying as it was aces in my opinion.

Is X-Men just running like a regular title? I get that anyway. I can excuse that. 

There's a new British comic coming out in a few days

https://www.spacewarpcomic.com/about/

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08CNF3H8K

DO NOT ADJUST YOUR REALITY. IT'S ALREADY BEEN WARPED!

From Pat Mills, creator of 2000AD and developer of Judge Dredd, comes SPACEWARP, a British Science Fiction comic of great NEW hero comic strips for the Science Fiction world we live in today. Featuring Special Forces One at war with Giant Viruses! Jurassic Punks versus Dinosaurs! Xecutioners: authorized to terminate Aliens! Slayer – one Robot in a Galactic war against a million Space Knights. Hellbreaker escapes from Hell to punish the Living. Fu-tant – a terrifying school for Mutants! 

★Space Cops!
★Mutant secret agents!
★Killer robots!
★Virus armies!
★Alien invasions!

All interacting in a unique Spacewarp Universe! Inventive, action-packed, heartfelt, heroic, humorous, fast-paced and fantastic value for money – as only the Brits know how.
Aimed at ordinary readers of all ages. COMPLETE in Phase One, so you don’t wait for the next issue to find out what happens.
Ready NOW for you to upload to your BRAIN.

With FREE bonus story Future Schlock: BRANDED! and EXTRAS on spacewarpcomic.com.

I am interested