IGNORED

The Watchtower - A thread for all comics

biglime

5 minutes ago, AK Bell said:

I love it too, I adored Generation X when I was a lad and nothing else looked liked it, but is anyone else finding it all a bit samey. The detail is fantastic, but he only does about 4 different faces (3 are Emma Frost's)

Nothing wrong with the same face. I also love Steve Dillon and Frank Quietly 

On 29/04/2020 at 11:05, Charliemouse said:

Essex County is one of my favourite comics ever, though a lot of people don’t like Lemire’s art which puts them off this book.  His run on Green Arrow was fantastic as well, and to be honest, apart from his pretty poor work for Marvel, he is easily one of my favourite writers.

I googled Essex County and saw that the first part is available for free on Google books. I loved it. Really emotional yet understated. I'll definitely be getting the other parts at some point.

3 hours ago, Spatial said:

Excellent! Awesome that Marvel keeps giving these away.

Btw, Mask Omnibus vol 1 is also free https://www.comixology.eu/The-Mask-Omnibus-Second-Edition-Vol-1/digital-comic/762743

So basically Marvel have rotated out some of the other volumes.

Venom is a good read.

And insane to think i paid so much money for Secret Wars less than twelve months ago. 

It also gives me a chance to try some new stuff as i would never had chosen to buy that Falcon book.

4 hours ago, Spatial said:

A ton of Dark Horse stuff boys.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/535537

8 hours ago, Spatial said:

Nice one,  it pains me to read digital but, sometimes you can't look a gift horse and all that. 

Thanks for informing us. 

Just glad to share the goodies. Apologies to anyone I didn't tag who's a regualr in here - I just grabbed the first names I could see on the page before I had to start work and hoped the thread bump would do the rest. ^_^

Some good stuff in the Dark Horse lot.

The Dark Horse super heroes book is a good read so far (200 out of 400 or so in) and i've the X omnibus and Barb Wire to read still.

Planet Hulk is always a gem to read and it's been a while, and i forget all the good stuff in it besides the smashing stuff.

And while on the subject, years ago when i had my comicshop one title i really enjoyed was Pop Mhans "Spy Boy" now picking up the first volume in the Dark Horse freebies i have only just remembered like Young Justice it was written by Peter David who just seems to get teenager super heroes right. 

Certainly a good idea by these companies to get out freebies as i am serious thinking of using my floppy comics budget on Comixology Unlimited. 

On 15/04/2020 at 09:01, Flub said:

There's a lovely story in the new volume of Komi can't Communicate. Komi needs new clothes and goes shopping with her dad (Who also needs new clothes). The problem is her dad has exactly the same social anxiety issues as her which causes problems. Komi's friend shows up and ends up thinking her dad is in the mafia. Everyone gets new clothes :)

Such a lovely manga. I think volume 2 of My Roomie is Dino is out today as well.

I received vol 1 of Komi in the post today, I can’t wait to read it but as I have the entire runs of Neon Genesis Evangelion, Dragonball and Pluto to read, it may be some time until I get to it.

2 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

I received vol 1 of Komi in the post today, I can’t wait to read it but as I have the entire runs of Neon Genesis Evangelion, Dragonball and Pluto to read, it may be some time until I get to it.

On the other hand compared to those Komi is really short so you should read that first :)

On 05/05/2020 at 08:05, Spatial said:

It's not letting me redeem the comixology.com links due to me having a UK registered payment method

11 minutes ago, wev said:

It's not letting me redeem the comixology.com links due to me having a UK registered payment method

It's a pain in the arse but I got them all by searching for them manually on the UK comixology site.

I've never read Planet Hulk before... Have neglected my kids and been reading it on and off all day while they trashed the garden and house while my attention was elsewhere. 

Was worth it but I'm not looking forward to clearing up.

3 hours ago, Flub said:

On the other hand compared to those Komi is really short so you should read that first :)

I couldn’t wait and I have just finished reading right now and what a charming little story it is as well.  Some of the situations Komi finds herself in really rung true to me and It was nice to read a manga set in a school without any fan service, so I expect I will be ordering the other 5 volumes that have been published by Viz sometime later today.

4 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

I couldn’t wait and I have just finished reading right now and what a charming little story it is as well.  Some of the situations Komi finds herself in really rung true to me and It was nice to read a manga set in a school without any fan service, so I expect I will be ordering the other 5 volumes that have been published by Viz sometime later today.

That's what I love to hear. There's a chapter where they run a maid cafe for the school festival and there's still no fan service. They even give Komi a very appropriate outfit.

3 hours ago, wev said:

Bit late now I know, but the other way to do it is just replace the .com with co.uk and that would have taken you straight there.

2 hours ago, Spatial said:

Bit late now I know, but the other way to do it is just replace the .com with co.uk and that would have taken you straight there.

I found all the Marvel ones in the section "recently reduced" and could add them in one go. Weirdly, none of the free Dark Horse stuff was listed there, had to search those manually.

14 hours ago, Spatial said:

12 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I found all the Marvel ones in the section "recently reduced" and could add them in one go. Weirdly, none of the free Dark Horse stuff was listed there, had to search those manually.

Oddly after my bitching I couldn't buy them, I clicked on one of the Dark Horse links and it asked me if I wanted to go to .co.uk instead, after that each of the other links all did the same.

I've been reading X-Factor on MU. The first itteration with the original X-Men pretending to be mutant hunters was pretty fun. The second was very close in tone to the bwahahaha Justice League Europe and a hoot. Shame it got cancelled so abruptly. Currently part way through the superb PAD X-Factor.

Speaking of superb PAD, Incredible Hulk by Peter David volume 2 is out this august! Phat and perfect, I can choose between two editions:

368473_s0.thumb.jpg.405262e49d6e8a9d1d71f07ca4a1793c.jpg368472_s0.thumb.jpg.04628fda0d9c0e09645a1738028dfc7c.jpg

Both by Keown, both gorgeous, but I'm going for the gray versus green variant because that cover is one of my all-time favourites.

And also Immortal Hulk vol 2 hardcover out in July, just before my birthday^_^