Street Fighter Anniversary Collection - Xbox

Burai

This one's crept up without anyone noticing.

It's £22.89 delivered from Simply Games:

http://www.simplygames.com/product.asp?id=4089

The Goods:

Street Fighter III Third Strike

Live play

Cheap Price

The Bads:

Hyper Street Fighter II Anniversay Edition

Awful encoding of the movie seeming straight from VHS

Cheapest front-end I've ever seen

It's definately worth it for the "goods" alone, though. Hopefully enough of you will have been inspired by the Daigo "Beast" video to give this a go.

This one's crept up without anyone noticing.

It's £22.89 delivered from Simply Games:

http://www.simplygames.com/product.asp?id=4089

The Goods:

Street Fighter III Third Strike

Live play

Cheap Price

The Bads:

Hyper Street Fighter II Anniversay Edition

Awful encoding of the movie seeming straight from VHS

Cheapest front-end I've ever seen

It's definately worth it for the "goods" alone, though. Hopefully enough of you will have been inspired by the Daigo "Beast" video to give this a go.

Live play????????????

Feck. I bought a PS2 version a couple of months ago. Was quite pleased I picked it up for £20. Hmm.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf_ac/

That's the offical Japanese website if anyone's interested. And I agree with Hyper 2 being the bad. Expect all those super cheap tactics everyone used to use in the arcade to be dusted off for Xbox Live.

Although to be honest, I'd probably pay full price for an Xbox version of Third Strike anyway, although I doubt that's a shared by many.

Has anyone found a way to use the Soul Calibur PS2 stick and a Xbox Live headset together yet?

I really want to know this too. Reading Liksang's faqs it seems that one adapter works with the arcade sticks no problem but doesnt work with live (the headset) and that the other does work properly with live but has terrible lag when used with arcade sticks. It really is unclear though, be nice to hear from someone with experience.

-Jools

Doesn't the Magic Box pad convertor on the Xbox have a slot for memory cards/whatever?

I'd agree with that excepte one cropped up on the trading folder because it didn't support the headset despite having a memorycard slot!

Cheers

Quexex

Is anyone releasing a decent pad for Xbox-based SF action?

Hopefully.

I've tried two different adaptors to try and get my PS2 ASCII pad working on the XBox, but in both cases, whilst they support the standard pad perfectly, they lag with third party kit. Every button press is registered after half a second's delay.

So, in short - don't buy a PS2/XBox adaptor and presume it'll work with your third party PS2 pads and sticks. Regular PS2 pads will work fine, but anything else is a gamble.

was the dc version of third strike arcade perfect? I remember someone on here saying the ps2 version was wank compared to the arcade.

Well, I just had to post in this thread didn't I?

DC version had input lag, screwed-up parry timing and Yun's Genei-Jin was fucked up as well.

PS2 version is nigh-on arcade perfect, and from what I've read the Xbox version is pretty much identical to that.

Should be interesting to see how broadband copes with the tight parry system. The slightest lag in this game would completely destroy it at mid to high-level play.

You should all get it - the game's utterly fantastic, especially if you have decent competition nearby.

Well, I just had to post in this thread didn't I?

DC version had input lag, screwed-up parry timing and Yun's Genei-Jin was fucked up as well.

PS2 version is nigh-on arcade perfect, and from what I've read the Xbox version is pretty much identical to that.

Should be interesting to see how broadband copes with the tight parry system. The slightest lag in this game would completely destroy it at mid to high-level play.

You should all get it - the game's utterly fantastic, especially if you have decent competition nearby.

This man speaketh the truth - SF3 is just fucking brilliant.

Unfortunately, I'm betting on Capcom bunging in the CVSNK2 netcode, which, although it is better than it used to be, is still WANKSTAIN for parrying.

Dissecting the Xbox disc, it has a PS2 folder on there (like Marvel Vs Capcom and Capcom Vs SNK) which suggests that they've just ported the main assets straight over.

Playing it, I can't tell any difference from the PS2 version whatsoever apart from Xbox-specific stuff like the buttons and Xbox Live menu entry.

I'd love to know how you get on with net play. I think it was OXM which said it was terrible?

OXM didn't slag off the net play. They just slagged the whole damn package.

Clearly the guy (can't remember his name) didn't play the game for any longer than it took to get himself some frame grabs. He doesn't mention anything about Third Strike. In fact, reading everything that the guy reviewed this month, I'd suggest the only game he bothered to play was Star Wars Battlefront.

It's fucking shameful.

QUOTE] I think this is another guaranteed purchase for me.

yeah me to, owning an xbox is becoming very expensive.

OXM didn't slag off the net play. They just slagged the whole damn package.

Clearly the guy (can't remember his name) didn't play the game for any longer than it took to get himself some frame grabs. He doesn't mention anything about Third Strike. In fact, reading everything that the guy reviewed this month, I'd suggest the only game he bothered to play was Star Wars Battlefront.

It's fucking shameful.

yeah did they give outrun2 6/10, i know everyone is entitled to are an opinion, but outrun 2 is a big bag of lovelyness.