rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
rubberducker

Star Wars: Prequel Discussion Thread (aka: wtf were you thinking George?)

Ah. I see. Thanks.

Does the Tri fighter look like this....

clutch.jpg

No.

jedi%20tie%20fighter.jpg

"U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi..."

EDIT: That said, I wonder if we're at crossed purposes. I thought the ships being talked about were the Jedi TIE Fighter and the Clone 'X-Wing' Gunship but the description of the tri fighter doesn't really match that of the Jedi's new starfighters...

According to someone who has seen the rough cut, there are actually two duels - the 12 minute Anakin/Obi-Wan battle everyone knows about and just before that...

Click For Spoiler
the Jedi Master vs the Dark Lord of the Sith, with Yoda getting beaten to fuck by the time it's done.

To be honest, like those who complained about Yoda fighting at all (not just the manner of it), I'm not crazy on the idea of Palpatine fighting. I've enjoyed the fact that the main man is too cool and clever to ever need to fight and instead just runs rings around everyone like Kasparov would a Chess novice. However, given that he's battering the hell out of Yoda, I don't mind so much...

So is this going to be all over internet like a rash when it comes out or is there going to be some kind of pikey waiting time for it? If there's a direct d/l sniffing about when it's released post it and I'll love you forever...

I thought yoda was meant to be nailz?

I feel let down, it now appears lifting an x-wing is easy.

Perhaps yoda only gets bummed right in the gob because he is close to 900?

I thought yoda was meant to be nailz?

I feel let down, it now appears lifting an x-wing is easy.

Perhaps yoda only gets bummed right in the gob because he is close to 900?

So? Palpatine is no spring chicken either but you don't see him making a big deal out of it.

Palpatine = The Shit; Yoda = Shit

Yeah, but Palpatine can't be that gangsta, he got dashed down a tube by Vader remember.

That's the one thing you can hold against him. Apart from that, he's cinema's uber-villain.

So? Palpatine is no spring chicken either but you don't see him making a big deal out of it.

Palpatine = The Shit; Yoda = Shit

Palpatine is no where near 50

Yeah, but Palpatine can't be that gangsta, he got dashed down a tube by Vader remember.

Come on, man! If someone who's meekly been your bitch for 20yrs is standing behind you knackered and wounded while you fry some punkass kid, the last thing you're gonna expect is for said bitch to pick you up and dump you down a very big hole, is it?

That. Looks. Awesome.

...and that dogfight looks, well, AWESOME.

*me giddy*

what looks awesome? what have you seen? and where did you get it from?

so come on you losers, it must be around somewhere. give me a link.

Come on, man! If someone who's meekly been your bitch for 20yrs is standing behind you knackered and wounded while you fry some punkass kid, the last thing you're gonna expect is for said bitch to pick you up and dump you down a very big hole, is it?

If he was that cool he should have floated his way out. Yoda could have