IGNORED

Dirty Disc Errors - A Cure?

xibxang

I'm assuming that the main aim of that exercise is to remove the grease. It's an awfully brutal way of doing it tho. The same result could be achieved by wiping the disc down with some camera lens cleaner. (Or other mild solvent)

It also made loading times faster, from what I could tell. Perhaps it needed to attempt to read certain parts of the disc less or something, I dunno.

Just hold it submerged for about 20 seconds. Try it with a demo disc or something first.

I remember when the uk dreamcast newsgroup came up with this answer to get the U.S phantasy star online working on a early model JPN dreamcast. Seeing that i was one of these culprites which couldn`t get the disc to play on my modded jpn dreamcast i thought i`d give it a try and almost ended up bending my disc in 2 cause of how hot i had the water. Luckily i could see the disc giving way and put my hand in the water without a second thought and pulled it out and don`t know to this day how i didn`t burn my hand. Oh and it didn`t work after all that and the disc decided one day to play with demo cheat disc they put on DCM mag which could also boot imports :) My advice don`t even think about using this method <_<

My Xbox told me it needs to be repaired the other day, only happened once though. Been playing Battlefront recently and now the music and FMV is a bit stuttery, should I be worried?

Is my Box about to die?!  :)

No, use a laser lens cleaner first. <_<

EDIT: I'm refering to one that's a cd that you simlpy just put in the xbox and cleans it for you, it sorted out my problems out.

Edited by Omega_Blade

jpn dreamcast i thought i`d give it a try and almost ended up bending my disc in 2 cause of how hot i had the water. Luckily i could see the disc giving way and put my hand in the water without a second thought and pulled it out and don`t know to this day how i didn`t burn my hand.

you Sir are truly in love with your games

My Xbox told me it needs to be repaired the other day, only happened once though. Been playing Battlefront recently and now the music and FMV is a bit stuttery, should I be worried?

Is my Box about to die?! :P

I had the same problem when playing Battlefront, however everything else seems fine (other games, DVD's etc).

I think it must just be the game? ;)

Anyone else having similar problems?

Or should i try flame grilling my X-Box? :D

I remember when the uk dreamcast newsgroup came up with this answer to get the U.S phantasy star online working on a early model JPN dreamcast. Seeing that i was one of these culprites which couldn`t get the disc to play on my modded jpn dreamcast i thought i`d give it a try

I never realised that anyone believed that.

I feel so guilty now.

If you boil a disc, won't the label peel off?

It kind of reminds me of that old 'put your cds in the freezer thing'. Or 'don't touch the tape deck while it's loading — and keep it well away from the computer, put it up as high as possible'. Actually that one's true.

Or 'don't touch the tape deck while it's loading — and keep it well away from the computer, put it up as high as possible'. Actually that one's true.

Yep, true. It's so the bits of information can more easily go down the wire. And also don't talk too loudly near it while it's loading. In fact, ideally, leave the room until it's loaded...