Post Here If You Are Apathetic About Halo2

Hello Goaty ♥

Think I might have to cancel my preorder.

Bought into the hype a little, and Halo 1 has still to capture my heart.

Although I didn't ever play Goldeneye single player but loved the multiplayer, so I might still get it for teh Live experience.

Nov 11th 2004: The day EA servers actually work.

I'm looking forward to it mainly coz my Xbox Live subscription has been underused lately and I'm hoping Halo 2 will be the "killer app" to justify the cost of the subscription!

The game itself... well I'm eager to check out the single player, but I'm also quite mindful of the fact that large chunks of the original Halo were really not very good at all.

I remain quietly optimistic, but I won't be too upset if it is a disappointment. Same goes for GTA San Andreas to be honest. There's a lot of other good stuff on the horizon - Prince of Persia 2, Jak 3, Metal Gear Solid 3, and whatever shows up on the DS (hopefully at least one game worth playing).

Everyone I've spoke to who has played it have just said how it's more or less the same as the first, just with a few tweaks.

I'm loose as well, although I do have it on pre-order. I not too bothered about the multiplayer as such, I'm sure it will be great, but I anticipate the single-player is where the game will prove itself. The way Krypt and Biscuit go on about the game you'd think the game would have two playboy models packed in with it, their (over)excitement about has increased my (slight) yearning for it though.

I only play FFXI nowadays. Whilst playing it I've been apathetic to everything else so I may as well be apathetic to Halo 2 too ;)

Even Half Life 2 and Rome Total War haven't particularly excited me, certainly not enough to consider 'wasting time' not playing FFXI. World of Warcraft would I guess but you can only play one MMORPG at a time.

I didn't like the first one that much thought it was average at best, multiplayer was decent, and I'm not really bothered about this either. To be honest I'm looking forward to Half Life 2 more than anything else at the moment (except maybe PES4 and pikmin2)

I'm more excited about world of warcraft than about every other game in the world, combined. I'm sure halo 2 will be cool, but i am dreading the live experience. I'm not great at fps and i know there will be lots of l33t kids tearing me a new one on live. This is my fault, not the game's i realise, but i am still apathetic. And this no health bar nonsense troubles me as well.

I sure as hell won't.

I probably would if I had an XBox though....

Once I managed to read that text I realised that's pretty much my opinion too. I know I wouldn't connect it to Live, I've played Halo to death with friends when it came out so I just don't see much point in buying an X-Box just yet. I've got things I want to buy for other consoles and am generally trying to conserve money.

Im in another "I'm going to call great games shit" thread !

Does every post have to be negative thesedays ?

Relax. I don't recall anyone in this thread calling Halo 2 "shit"...

Edit: alexander has a "feeling the singleplayer is going to suck", but that's it. ;)

I have the limited edition version on order. When I first got my Xbox the first game I played out of all of them was not Halo (I got Halo,PGR, Dead or Alive 3 and Amped) but Project Gotham Racing.

It took me a while to warm to Halo, once I finished it I rarely played it, I hardly do now, and so I am awaiting the sequel to see how the story ends, but my excitement for the game is not at fever-pitch.

When I first got Halo I really liked it; the graphics were pretty amazing (compared to all of the PS2 FPS) and it was a lot of fun. That was before I got Metroid Prime. Since playing MP, for me anyway, Halo just does not seem as good as I thought it was, its a good game but I prefer just everything in Metroid Prime over halo (graphics, music, story, gameplay IMO is better in MP).

Now out of MP2 and Halo 2 it seems to me that nothing major has been changed to either of them (single player anyway, which is the most important part for me) so I have a feeling that Metriod will be the better single player game and the one I am looking forward to the most. When I get an xbox again and eventually get on LIVE I will probably end up getting Halo 2 in the end but at the moment I am quite happy with my cube and there are plenty of games coming out this christmas that I will be interested in (MP2, Mario Tennis, Paper Mario, Baiten Katos, Donkey konga)