Halo 3 - now coming to Xbox One. MC Collection.

Kryptonian

What packs is he trying to download? The only free maps are Standoff, Rat's Nest, Foundry (aka the Heroic pack), and Cold Storage. The Legendary pack (Avalanche, Black Out, Ghost Town) has to be paid for.

Is he getting an error message?

Oh, maybe it's just the Heroic pack then. He just says it gives him an error message when he tried to start the download, yeh. Not sure of the exact message though. He's just gonna keep trying, must be a Gremlin in there somewhere.

that looks pretty briliant.

I've been playing these maps for a couple of days now and I'm impressed. I have to say that despite some basic layout similarities Assembly and orbital feel nothing like Backwash and Elongation, to me anyway.

I actually really like the three of them. Orbital at the moment is the most fun but I can see assembly really growing on me. Both of them look really nice too.

And the forgers are going to hae a real field day with sandbox...

The spawns on Assembly are terrible though. Of the few games I've played on that map, I've consistently been spawned into exploding grenades, power drains or amongst the opposing team. It needs sorting.

I don't understand why anyone would think Orbital is anything like Elongation either, there's nothing similar in the layouts at all. Elongation is a simple rectangular room with a divide running down the centre, but Orbital seems to be based a round a couple of loops.

yeah that is pretty good... i'm not mad about the neon feel to the crypt though.

everyone knows there are three skulls to be found in the new maps? there's a guide on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type...skulls&aq=f

you also get another easy 25 for killing an opponent as the oracle on a mythic map, and this works for just connecting another controller and changing teams..

Got my perfection achievement on a Mythic map :lol:

The spawns are terrible on Orbital, I find myself getting shot in the back alot of the time when the other team respawns directly behind me. Assembly and Sandbox aren't as bad but they still need fixing imo.

jealous

I'm never going to get that one, or the killtackular :lol:

thinking about it, those are a little unfair to us standard players...

Well you could if you could get 7 likeminded friends to play it with you. The Mythic playlist is 4 a side and it doesn't stop you taking parties of 8 into it and just splits them up into two teams. Not that I advocate that sort of thing you understand. :)

Well you could if you could get 7 likeminded friends to play it with you. The Mythic playlist is 4 a side and it doesn't stop you taking parties of 8 into it and just splits them up into two teams. Not that I advocate that sort of thing you understand. :)

Never :lol:

had a quick look at your stats (same as me more or less)... do you have your extermination and perfection on your file share?

i see it was your first of either... that must have been sweet! B)

i have a couple of exterminations and killtaculars but it was griffball... sham. I'd love to remove them from my medal list. they don't count

had a quick look at your stats (same as me more or less)... do you have your extermination and perfection on your file share?

i see it was your first of either... that must have been sweet! B)

i have a couple of exterminations and killtaculars but it was griffball... sham. I'd love to remove them from my medal list. they don't count

I don't have them on the file share, but my extermination was a game of 2 Flags on Assembly. I sat with the hammer at the top of the lift in their base and took out the four of them for the 5 Hammer Kills, Overkill and Extermination. The longer respawn times in a game of Flags make it easier to get the extermination.

The Perfection was a dirty effort with 7 mates. It felt good at the time, and still does.

Please excuse me, I haven't touched Halo3 in........ well since release pretty much and only played a few games online. So these maps I can download and play with other people in private games?

Who still plays and who wants to help me retread my old killing steps?

I play often. Quite often little 1v1 or other small custom games. In my opinion, no other shooter does custom games nearly as well. I love matchmaking, but it is the customs that keep me playing. And I've got a whole lot of love for Double Team.

Uh-Oh! Bad news for bcass!

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?ty...link=BWU_032009

"If you’ve spent any time on the forums today, you’ll notice that the Halo 3 forum is abuzz with a new wave of bans occurring in Halo 3 Matchmaking. Intrepid stat spelunkers have begun to figure it out, but for those who are at a loss, the Banhammer has been given yet another upgrade. In our mission to constantly improve and maintain the Halo3 matchmaking experience we also seek ways to remove negative player-elements from Matchmaking such that players can jump in and not have to worry about people who only the play the game for a little number or an eagle and some stars next to their gamertag. To that end, we’ve fit the automated Orbital Ban Platform with an upgrade that automatically detects and bans habitual quitters.

What does this mean for you?

Well, for most of you, it means nothing. The rule is very carefully designed to thwart users that quit from Matchmaking at a high frequency to curb the use of “negative EXP boosting” to facilitate boosting in ranked playlists. However, it’ll also catch the people just quit all the time for the sake of stepping all over other peoples’ experiences as well. In the long run, this means that if you’re quitting games to try to slingshot your way to 50, or if you quit every game because you can’t handle losing like an adult, you may be at risk of taking a week–long break from Matchmaking.

I play often. Quite often little 1v1 or other small custom games. In my opinion, no other shooter does custom games nearly as well. I love matchmaking, but it is the customs that keep me playing. And I've got a whole lot of love for Double Team.

I should get back into this, I have you on my list Soi, if you see me about and want to hold my hand some, give me a shout.

Whoops.

....isn't there a choice to veto a map though? I seem to recall there is. If you could veto more than once you'd end up forever skipping maps just to play once every hour. Play, shoot some people, perhaps enjoy it a little? Improve your game on the shit maps you don't like enough to actually get good at them and discover a new love for them?

People quiting is alarmingly common now (you can expect to see it in almost every other game you play) so I'm not surprised they've said they will do something about it. From my experience, I think most people quit when they are losing. I reckon the next most common reason would be due to not liking the current map. It's funny that they are only applying a 1 week ban though. I think they know they'd lose massive numbers of players (and probably Gold subscribers) if it was any more severe. I know I only pay for my Gold sub to play Halo 3.

I played every day for ages until Resi Evil 5 came out and the number of people who quit seemed to be quite low, maybe 1 in 20 or so.