Halo 3 - now coming to Xbox One. MC Collection.

Kryptonian

I think it's a good thing that a percentage of the sale on that one off piece is going to a cancer charity, not so tragic now eh.

That thing could cure cancer by itself and I still wouldn't fish it out of the gutter.

Sooo, I got this today. Started Heroic mode and wandered along this forest. Encountered a group of Covenant. Shot one of the little squealing guys (Forgot what their called) only to have a big bastard come running towards me. Where he hits a tree. And keeps running into the aforementioned tree. While I shoot him from above as he keeps running into the tree. :) Not the best start...

I'm just starting level 7 (on Normal), and so far, have enjoyed every minute, which is a suprise because I was never that keen on 1 or 2. Only problem I've had is I can't get matchmaking to work, just says unable to connect to Halo 3 servers. I think I've only managed it twice, but I assume its because the servers are busy....

Maybe he liked trees?

"Halo 3! With A.I so clever each enemy has individual interests! GASP as grunts rush to protect their beloved Ming vase! Be AWED as Brutes flee to save their favourite foliage! AMAZE at the Flood's reaction to the destruction of their prized complete Dr Who series on VHS!

Halo 3. Out Now."

Can I have some advice about a specific achievement please ;

We're In For Some Chop 5G

"Destroy an enemy vehicle with equipment in a ranked playlist or in campaign"

Yes, I'm being stupid, but errrrr what does that mean ??? Doesn't seem to be destroy with a gun so any thoughts??

I guess it means using something on the 'x' button. i.e. a landmine.

OK, can anyone help here?

We've just started a campaign in co-op and when the game starts the screen ratio changes to 4:3 and gives us a top/bottom split with massive borders left and right.

What it should do is continue in 16:9 and split the screen left/right, like Halo2 did on the same machine like 2 days ago.

X360 dash is set to 720p.

Help, this sucks.

OK, can anyone help here?

We've just started a campaign in co-op and when the game starts the screen ratio changes to 4:3 and gives us a top/bottom split with massive borders left and right.

What it should do is continue in 16:9 and split the screen left/right, like Halo2 did on the same machine like 2 days ago.

X360 dash is set to 720p.

Help, this sucks.

I think that's just how it is. I hope they'll patch it later.

That is gash. We may as well be playing it on my old TV.

You know, the daft thing is, I've played Rainbow Six Vegas in split screen on an old 4:3 tv, and it has the opposite problem - it forces letterbox mode with vertical split which means you have a tiny screen area. In fact every nearly other 360 game with split screen seems to do that.

I have a question, how are people getting the "used car salesman" acheivement on the first level? I cant find an enemy vehicle anywhere thats carrying 3 enemies? But ive noticed everyone else on my friendslist has got the acheivement, on level one i know the

phantom

is on the level...but can you destroy it?

Incidentally, i finished the game t'other day...and loved it completely. Except for,oddly, the same level everyone else is talking about, i reallllly didnt like that bit of the game. Bu the rest of it is god like.

I have a question, how are people getting the "used car salesman" acheivement on the first level? I cant find an enemy vehicle anywhere thats carrying 3 enemies? But ive noticed everyone else on my friendslist has got the acheivement, on level one i know the

phantom

is on the level...but can you destroy it?

Incidentally, i finished the game t'other day...and loved it completely. Except for,oddly, the same level everyone else is talking about, i reallllly didnt like that bit of the game. Bu the rest of it is god like.

Use a turret (or whatever) to shoot off the phantom's nose gun.

"Halo 3! With A.I so clever each enemy has individual interests! GASP as grunts rush to protect their beloved Ming vase! Be AWED as Brutes flee to save their favourite foliage! AMAZE at the Flood's reaction to the destruction of their prized complete Dr Who series on VHS!

Halo 3. Out Now."

:)

But now I'm left wondering which Doctor the Flood like best.

Argh i've just maimed my 360 controller in frustration. That grey plastic bit that the headset plugs into is how hanging off. Hmm.

I'm on the highway level and i've got to the second part where I need to get to the town of Voi i think?

Anyway I've just got a warthog after holding off loads of blutes on a hilltop (which was hard enough!) and I come out into this valley which has an overhead bridge that you need to get to.

To reach it you need to climb this slope which really slows your warthog down and leaves you open to alot of fire from the numerous covenant fuckers chasing after you.

I usually get taken down by the gun emplacements on the side of the hill, but once or twice i've managed to get through, albeit a knats hair away from death!

If you managed to get to the end of the bridge theres a road block with numerous brutes guarding it. No chance I could get through there though, I just managed to reach this giant shield before I was taken down :)

How did you guys get through? Speeding through or trying to get some armour and blasting a hole through the barricade etc. When I tried to get one of the wraiths I got owned.

I'm on heroic btw. Maybe i'm just not good enough.

Erm, kill all the enemies instead of driving through.

Just bought myself an Elite today. Everything copied across fine apart from my Halo 3 save file :) Using a memory card, copies across fine from what I can see. Yet as soon as I resume a solo game it just crashes back to the menu. Anyone else had this? Would recopying it back from my premium box do anything? Dont fancy starting again if I can help it as I was about 4 hours in.