Halo 3 - now coming to Xbox One. MC Collection.

By the way - the 'buy or reserve' page on the Argos website appears to be down.

Can confirm this.

So my local's broken street date with the rest of them, but I narrowly missed out on being able to pick one up today. Annoying. However, I've been told that one might be available to pick up on friday, and that I should check then to see if it's available. Is it unreasonable to assume they'll still honour it? :lol:

Can confirm this.

So my local's broken street date with the rest of them, but I narrowly missed out on being able to pick one up today. Annoying. However, I've been told that one might be available to pick up on friday, and that I should check then to see if it's available. Is it unreasonable to assume they'll still honour it? :lol:

If they're going to get a big tell off for todays break, they might not sell before wednesday

wish my xbox weren't broke. I could have got this at the Argos on chancery lane, but couldn't be arsed cos I can't freekin play it.

was out of stock there as I checked so you didn't miss out

Can confirm this.

So my local's broken street date with the rest of them, but I narrowly missed out on being able to pick one up today. Annoying. However, I've been told that one might be available to pick up on friday, and that I should check then to see if it's available. Is it unreasonable to assume they'll still honour it? :P

My reservation will apparently be available for collection tomorrow, but all stores have been told to cut it out according to Eurogamer. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

It's for the best anyway. There's no way I'm cancelling my legendary Edition, meaning I'd be spending a total of about £110 on the game in total. :lol:

Okay, so I reserve it online, and drive half an hour to get there, park up and head towards Argos. Only, I haven't been to that town in many years, and where the argos used to be is now a JJB Sports. Oh.

Cue five minutes of me panicking and running round town trying to find it, until I calm down and think to ask somebody. :lol:

Get inside and wander up to the girl behind the counter. Give her my reservation number, fully expecting her to turn me down (most women do), but no. It's all fine. Ask about the other two reservations I'd made. No, I'm not an ebaying cunt, these were for dogsout and an extra I would have sold at cost on here to somebody who really wanted it, but they said I couldn't pick them up until Monday. I tried arguing a bit, but she seemed to think they didn't have them in stock. So just paid for mine and went and waited for it to arrive.

Bloke comes out the back, clutching a green DVD case in his hands. Yes, I go up to claim it.

'I'm surprised to see this today', he says. Oh no, I think. I'm about to be denied.

'My housemate works in Game and he said it wasn't out 'til next Wednesday' he continues.

'Oh', I reply, putting on my best innocent face, 'I have no idea when it's out'

'Well, seems he's wrong, can't wait to tell him tonight!'

Yeah, that's a conversation I'd like to see actually. Oh, and all through this I was standing next to a giant display that I just had to photograph for you guys.

DSC00167.jpg

Can you spot any clues as to when Halo 3 is released?

Bless him, he wasn't the sharpest tool, but I love him. He gave me Halo goodness. :P

And here it is, in all it's glory

DSC00168.jpg

While deeptone tells you an exciting story of how he purchased an item at a store, I've opened it and going around the menus with Halo's theme in the background giving me a massive MASSIVE HARD ON

:lol::P:D:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Its sunk in, I'm playing Halo 3

It's not great news for anyone who gets it early. Play it at all and then connect to Xbox Live in the future and get banned.

Sounds like scaremongering to me. Also: "closing the gates after the horse has bolted". Also: I think some people would play it anyway. :lol:

Sounds like scaremongering to me. Also: "closing the gates after the horse has bolted". Also: I think some people would play it anyway. :lol:

Yup. There is no way they can legally do this. The stores are to blame for breaking the street date and not the consumer. Might be different in the US but I cant see it happening here.

It's not great news for anyone who gets it early. Play it at all and then connect to Xbox Live in the future and get banned.

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/19-09-2007-6492.html

I'd like to see them prove that I knew what the release date was.

Well, apart from dragging up this thread of course.

And Uzion, if I could get home, I certainly wouldn't be on here. God, I hate work.

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/19-09-2007-6492.html

but not on live anytime soon?

Obviously the 360 records your recent games so its quite possible they could ban people from this info, however if you have purchased a legit copy then I don;t know what grounds they can do this on??

Yeah they cant ban you for this - despite what publishers "want" there is no law saying otherwise.

Of course if you Yarr its a different matter- I presume thats the crowd Microsoft are trying to put their collective willies up.

Figuratively speaking, of course! :lol:

Guys, I've played about ten minutes. And it's hit me. New cutscenes. Fresh words spoken from familiar characters. Familar controls in a fresh enviroment. I am playing a new Halo. And even if its worse than Halo 2, I'm in some kind of stupor right now that I would not notice it.

Uzion's cynicism and critique has left the building. Halo 3 is here, and from 7 mins in Im already calling it game of the year.

I'm that happy and deluded right now.

I've got it I've got it!

Similar story to Deeptone's. Made the two hour round trip to Banbury. Sauntered up the the till, where the male twenty-something cashier said "Halo 3 - is that out already? I'll have to pick one of those up myself!". To which I just said, "hmm, yeah."

They also wouldn't let me have the second copy, saying that they only had the one in stock. I did quibble this, but they were adamant they didn't have any more. Clearly the RED ALERT fax from head office hadn't got through yet.

There was a tense moment at the pickup desk, when the kindly lady said to me "you'll have fun playing that tonight!" Again I mentioned that I was actually trying to get a copy for my friend, and she went over to to check the stock. I started to perspire a little, looking out for a change in her demeanor as she checked the computer, ready to quickly incapacitate her, vault over the counter, grab my copy and flee. But it was all okay and I got away clean.