rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Kryptonian

Halo 3 - now coming to Xbox One. MC Collection.

he stuck that monkey bastard, kicked him in the nuts and then fucked up the rest of the brutes that were surrounding him.

;)

I want to see a follow up advert in which the old man says that exact line.

Fucking great ad. I really can't wait now, despite being all "meh" about it for ages. OH NOES IM SUCKED INTO THE HYPE

Its not just the fact that the head moves its the way it moves and that it ends up facing the camera directly.

I'd have had the advert end at the glow of the grenade, but if its correct that the earlier ad is web only then it perhaps needs to be more obvious that the chief is alive for the TV audiences than it is for us.

it's a big fight and he's holding a thermal detonator...

Plasma Grenade

The advert that they were playing over 2 huge screens on times square in new york was dead good though... featured a quick clip of MC jumping over a cliff into a canyon with tons of basts and some big red guy in the middle.

Starry Night.

Starry Night.

It would be kind of cool if the old guy was one of the kids in that advert; i like the idea of seeing this character at both of ends of his life and the way that this battle resonates through it all makes it all nicely epic.

At first I thought that the new grenade ad was pretty poor. But now I've had time to think about it, it's really starting to grow on me. The hype fever is starting to surface again. I haven't been this excited about a game in ages.

I read the Wired article on testing again - it's excellent. It really does fill me with confidence for this game.

I wonder how companies like Capcom and Nintendo test the gameplay as well... wonder if they do simiar stuff?

At first I thought that the new grenade ad was pretty poor. But now I've had time to think about it, it's really starting to grow on me. The hype fever is starting to surface again. I haven't been this excited about a game in ages.

I'm just buying it coz its Halo and the last two were good.

I wonder how companies like Capcom and Nintendo test the gameplay as well... wonder if they do simiar stuff?

There was an article in Edge a while back about Nintendo's Super Mario Club (I think I have the name right), which - the article said - is one of the best testing departments in the business. That probably explains the several generations of bug-free games we've had from Nintendo (until recently :lol: ).

I just watched
. So poignant.

Ha! Fucking classic. It almost makes up for the last episode. Post it on loads of forums everyone, this deserves to be internet famous.

Seeing as I only saw the believe ad about 40 mins ago, I think thats top notch comedy.

The world needs to see it.

I hijacked this from the official forums. It is a description of a battle moment in Halo 3, in a chapter that hasn't seen the light of day yet. There is a normal spoiler (the revealing of the naming of the chapter - though you can't understand if it actually means anything by its name) and other bits here and there that generally describe the battle and scene. There is also a Cortana moment but nothing different of what has been implied by the interviews and videos.

There are no story spoilers. What is described seems really great. Look at your own risk. Sorry if this has been posted, just seen it myself.

Joe Tung and Lucas Smith of Bungie played a campaign level called The Storm, which according to them, had never before been seen by the public.

- Fans in attendance, many of which were from Brooklyn, got a little rowdy, and challenged the two to a MM (multiplayer, for future reference) match. They agreed.

- Difficulty level for The Storm started on Easy, was bumped up by Tung to Legendary, much to the joy of the crowd, only to be bumped back down to Heroic, because according to Mr. Tung, Lucas couldn't handle Legendary.

- Missions starts off with the Chief in a caravan of three troop transport warthogs. The drive to a nearby warehouse. Fighting ensues. Joe Tung uses the noob combo on a few Brutes. He also uses a plasma turret on a SWARM of drones ( at least 20 in all). Chief and Arbiter drive Ghosts outside. In the distance you can see some explosions, a few large covenant ships. Occasionally Banshees and Hornets fly over the scene. Very cool feeling provided by these few things. You really feel as if a full-out war is going on, and you're involved in just a small battle.

- Missions objective is to destroy and anti-air Wraith, which shoots green plasma up at Hornets. After dying once, Joe and Lucas accomplish their goal, only to be killed again by a nearby Wraith. After respawning, Chief hops on the Wraith, and literally punches it into submission. The crowd erupts in applause.

- At one point, the Chiefs visor is obstructed by a fuzzy, broken image of Cortana's face. She says something along the lines of "I am neither Angel nor Demon" and then disappears. It was really creepy, and kind of sad. It was obvious Cortana was corrupt in some sense. The crowd claps some more.

- Chief meets up with 8 marines on 4 ATVs. Chief drives a Rocket-wielding marine around during a pretty large vehicle battle. Brute choppers, Banshees, Ghosts, and Hornets.

- After the battle, the ground begins to shake. Thump. Thump. It sounds like it's getting closer. A few Hornets hover above a nearby building, and muffled, panicked yelling is heard from some marines. All of a sudden, a Scarab climbs on top of the building, and jumps up and over it, focusing its attention on the Chief. Chief shoots a few Brute Shot rounds at it before Joe Tung abruptly goes to the menu screen and hits "end game" to a loud sea of booes, followed by an even louder string of claps and cheers.

Stuff

:lol:

I didn't think I'd ever be more excited about the campaign than the multiplayer, but that might have just sent me over the threshold. It's the constant references to the

'feeling of being in a war'

we've been hearing that are really getting me moist.