IGNORED

Halo 3 - now coming to Xbox One. MC Collection.

Kryptonian

The last 10 seconds was pretty effective. I hope that big laser beam was the mass murder of all the flood, and then the covenant turn to MC and go "let's fight!" and then it's just 10 levels like the second level out of halo 2

Which would be GOTY.

One thing I noticed is that Master Chief is wielding what is clearly an assault rifle from Halo:Combat Evolved as opposed to the battle rifle from Halo 2. Whether this is a nod to Halo or it's returning in 3 I don't know. It wouldn't have been accidental though as they wouldn't have bothered modelling and texturing it.

One thing I noticed is that Master Chief is wielding what is clearly an assault rifle from Halo:Combat Evolved as opposed to the battle rifle from Halo 2. Whether this is a nod to Halo or it's returning in 3 I don't know. It wouldn't have been accidental though as they wouldn't have bothered modelling and texturing it.

It's back. And I'm happy.

Good lord! I'm all out of superlatives, but when that drum beat and music kicks in... Its like I've been hit by lightning. All hairs are up on my body.

o/\o

Utterly fucking amazing. I know it's only a trailer but FUCK YEAH!

o/\o

Utterly fucking amazing. I know it's only a trailer but FUCK YEAH!

Yeah, and this is encouraging too...

'We won't ruin the content of our short presentation by describing it frame by frame, but we will note that everything you're seeing here is being rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360, using the current version of our Halo 3 game engine. The HDR lighting, self-shadowing, GPU-run particle system and many other effects should make it intact (and more) to our final game.' - Bungie

The sound effect of the rifle in Halo 1 was amazing, I hope that's back too.

P.S. I love you Bungie.

Agreed. Hopefully the multiplayer will be a nod to Halo 1 as well, with a ovehauled system from Halo 2 and 64 player support.

It was a nice trailer, here is hoping the single player campaing is better than that wank from Halo 2.

Yeah, and this is encouraging too...

'We won't ruin the content of our short presentation by describing it frame by frame, but we will note that everything you're seeing here is being rendered in real-time on the Xbox 360, using the current version of our Halo 3 game engine. The HDR lighting, self-shadowing, GPU-run particle system and many other effects should make it intact (and more) to our final game.' - Bungie

So was the pre E3 2003 trailer, the one where he was in orbit and blows himself out the airlock, but did the game look that good come November 2004?...err no it didnt.

Until you see in game footage, dont believe fuck all a game developer says.

Presumably, they will launch this to tie in with the movie in summer 2007?..

I love the tone the Bungie guys use on their website, makes me chuckle, for example

Seriously though, it's been a chore biting our tongues on this one. Call it a combination of studio secrecy, corporate secrecy, Bill Gates already announcing it four times and, you know, whatever
:unsure:

So was the pre E3 2003 trailer, the one where he was in orbit and blows himself out the airlock, but did the game look that good come November 2004?...err no it didnt.

Until you see in game footage, dont believe fuck all a game developer says.

Yeah true, but don't piss on my party. I've got a whole year to be happy before The Terrible Disappointment™

But fuck it! HALO 3 FTW!!11!