Balamory

FishyFish

So, is everyone in this garishly appointed little seaside town out of work then?

Everytime it's on some woman with scary, gravity-defying hair and odd eyes starts singing "Strike up the band, strike up the band, there is no work today!".

Clearly every business in the town must've gone into liquidation following their employees downing tools to watch the entertainment on a daily basis. The only industry worth it's salt is the local band who get a gig every day (although god only knows who pays them).

There's something oddly creepy about the entire place and I keep waiting for them to burn some christian outsider in a giant wicker man.

Fishy

(who's twins are now starting to pay attention to childrens programmes when they're on. Thus I've reaquainted myself with the lyrics to Postman Pat and, despite it looking a bit more glossy, realising that Pingu is still fucking ace!)

Miss Hooley sings that song at the weekend*. She works in the nursery.

Everyone else has a job apart from Josie Jump who appears to just do sports.

It's a wonderful show, The League of Gentlemen for kids.

We even went to stay there last year for a couple of days. We stayed in Josie Jumps house.

*Actually I haven't seen the new series. There wasn't a band in it before.

Thus I've reaquainted myself with the lyrics to Postman Pat

I caught one of the new episodes of this the other day, Pat now has a swish house with widescreen TV and Jess now meows rather unpleasantly whereas he was mute in the old days. And the village is now ethnically diverse, wich is nice.

I caught one of the new episodes of this the other day, Pat now has a swish house with widescreen TV and Jess now meows rather unpleasantly whereas he was mute in the old days. And the village is now ethnically diverse, wich is nice.

CGI?

Mrs Miggins now replaced with slug-type gangster?

Ted now drives a VT, rather than a tractor?

http://www.postmanpat.com/browser.php :blink:

don't knock pc plum, the other day he was going to help suzie with her flying lessons but he took an emergency phonecall and had to rush off.

apparently a horse had escaped and he caught it.

the bit that freaks me out is the sweet shop. suzie's special skill is knowing about everything that's happening anywhere in the world, penny's skill is that she can count..... and do donuts in her wheelchair although that skill is rarely called upon.

as a positive rolemodel for the wheelchair bound, it seems a little patronising - ah yes, she can count, well then we'll give her a job. bless. :D