Imagine Documentary

Morning all,

I've finally got some progress to report regarding the Imagine documentary DVD.

The chap who has this has been back in touch with me (following my gentle persuasion via email) and is more than happy to send me the DVD to copy.

Not only that, but the disc also contains a 1984 (or possibly early 1985) episode of Micro Live.

As soon as I get hold of this I'll let you know.

Can I suggest that a duplicating ring for this is merged with the CGE footage duplicating ring I am already setting up? This way the work is halved, and also means that you guys get two discs for your efforts.

Rob

Not only that, but the disc also contains a 1984 (or possibly early 1985) episode of Micro Live.

:ph34r: - ohhhhhh yes... and could we set up a torrent for each programme?

Micro Live.. wow!, does anyone know of a site that lists old gaming/computing programmes?

:) - ohhhhhh yes... and could we set up a torrent for each programme?

Micro Live.. wow!, does anyone know of a site that lists old gaming/computing programmes?

Micro Live, Magic Micro Mission, Database, Making the most of the micro!,

You',ll find bits about them, and other shows somewhere in tv cream http://tv.cream.org/

--

I',m divx',ing some eps of making the most of the micro, anyone interested in hosting them or anything? I put in a request for trading eps bit it seems no-one has any!,

I',m divx',ing some eps of making the most of the micro, anyone interested in hosting them or anything? I put in a request for trading eps bit it seems no-one has any!,

Cool - where did you get them? or did you have them on old VHS to start with - never heard of this show.. can you give a brief description about it and roughly how big each show? :(

Cool - where did you get them? or did you have them on old VHS to start with - never heard of this show.. can you give a brief description about it and roughly how big each show? :(

It weighs in at about 100 meg an episode, 25 minutes long. I',ve got three episodes, on VHS from 1983, I got them a few years back from a tape trade. It was made before Micro Live and I think it was the program that the BBC comissioned the BBC Micro for.

Ian McNaught Davis demonstates the variety of things you can do with a micro, from strapping a computer to the top of a bomb disposal computer, to downloading games off BBC Ceefax',s telesoftware. Fascinating programme, but as you can tell it',s not really a games show, but still it',s a very good watch.

I',d love a copy of this (and the CGE DVD) but don',t have a DVD writer. Is there any way to get a copy otherwise (obv. happy to pay for cost of postage / materials etc).

Thanks,

Fishy

FishyFish, look at the instructions in the link I gave further up in this thread.

You',ll see that you don',t need a DVD writer to partake in this chain, just the ability to be reliable (which I am sure you are) and the willingness to pop down to your local post office to forward some discs on.

Rob

It',s Fred Godamn-muthafuckin', Harris!,

Anyone else remember the Playschool out-take wher Fred Harris kicks the shit out of the toys because Humpty keeps falling over (true to form I suppose) while shouting about &quot,not being able to work with these amateurs&quot,?

Fishy

Guys/gals,

Just a quick message to let you know that I NOW HAVE THIS!

It arrived in the post yesterday, and after spending an evening trying to copy the files from a really scratched disc I am now ready to start duplicating it.

To all those people who have emailed me about the CGE footage duplication chain, I'll be contacting you about this also.

Rob

Just about to set off down to Torquay for the weekend...

Watched both the Imagine doc and Micro Live (both on the same disc) last night. You will not be disappointed.

Micro Live was surprisingly interesting, with segments on the first UK cell phones and a bit about The Last Starfighter and the Cray Supercomputer (the PS1 is more powerful than this!).

It's not too late to join the duplicating chain. Just go here and follow the instructions:

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=57387

I'll put the duplicating chain together when I get back on Sunday/Monday and will get the thing going.

213 has offered to help, so it looks like we will be halving the length of the chain by splitting it in two.

Rob